• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard "Steeling the Show" - M Scizor-EX

Tacotocano

Aspiring Trainer
So here is another list I have been working on for the last week. I honestly feel m scizor will be a great pick for an anti meta deck, however Im unsure of the fire match up and if magearna would be a good entry.

4 scizor ex bkp
4 mega scizor bkp
2 cobalian sts
1 lugia ex aor
2 remoraid bkt
2 octillery bkt
Pokemon: 15

4 vs seekers
4 ultra ball
4 scizor spirit links
2 super rod
2 max elixir
3 mega turbos
2 switch
4 sycamore
2 n
2 lysandre
2 pokemon ranger
1 hex maniac
1 skyla
2 silent labs
Trainers: 35

Steel energy: 10

As you can see this is built to be sraight consistant scizor. Alot of this list is inspired by the youtuber omnipoke. I opted octillery over the shaymin/garbador mix to put more emphasis on attacking with scizor while being more consistant in the long term. Since turns are going to be slower I feel as though I wouldnt need to just explode to have good match ups. I would rather take the time to set up and stream 2hkos rather than burn my entire deck. And lastly M Scizor is amazing against gardy, also giritina is somewhat of a nuicence but between lugia, hex, and silent lab, Its not hard to counter.

Quick summary of possible match ups. Fairy is kind of an auto win, while Fire would be an auto loss. This deck would struggle with M Sceptile, because of low daamage output. Other than that its 50-50 across the board.

Pros: semi disruptive
Consistant with octillery
Keeps fairy decks in check
Easy to set up and stream attacks

Cons: can be bulky
Low damage
Fire decks
M Sceptile

Please, critisism is welcome.

I'm working on a M Scizor deck as well. I'm opting for 2 Shaymin EX and 1 Hoopa EX over Octillery. I'm also going to try out the new Weavile and Weakness Policy to see if that gives me a better matchup against Volcanion. And I'm going to tech 2 or 3 Parallel City instead of Silent Lab.
Consider running a 4/3 M Scizor line with 4 Links. You'll still have essentially the same consistency as running a full 4/4 line, but you get an extra space for a tech supporter like Team Flare Grunts or Pokemon Center Lady.

I'm working on a M Scizor deck as well. I'm opting for 2 Shaymin EX and 1 Hoopa EX over Octillery. I'm also going to try out the new Weavile and Weakness Policy to see if that gives me a better matchup against Volcanion. And I'm going to tech 2 or 3 Parallel City instead of Silent Lab.
Consider running a 4/3 M Scizor line with 4 Links. You'll still have essentially the same consistency as running a full 4/4 line, but you get an extra space for a tech supporter like Team Flare Grunts or Pokemon Center Lady.
Actually I may consider cutting a mega. I feel 2 hex and 2 ranger seems to be a good mix. Thanks for the feedback, seems hard to get anyone to reply :(.

I feel that the strongest version of this deck is with Garbodor and Energy disruption.

Garbodor improves your matchup against anything running Abilities, in particular:
  • Greninja BREAK
  • Volcanion-EX
  • Giratina-EX
Crushing Hammer, Enhanced Hammer and Team Flare Grunt build on the disruption powers of Iron Crusher. This is especially good for slowing your opponent down and compensating for your own lack of damage output. Of course, this comes with the downside of harming your own consistency but I feel it's a risk worth taking.

However, if you are adverse to using Garbodor then I'd agree that Octillery is a good consistency card here. One change I'd make immediately though is to add in one or two Float Stone. As you know, Tool cards can't be removed by any other Trainers at the moment which makes Float Stone a lot more powerful than Switch. Furthermore, my initial feeling is that two Super Rod and two Pokemon Ranger is excessive - a one count of each should suffice.

Without DCE, I'm not sure that Lugia-EX warrants a place.

10 Metal Energy feels two too many.

All in all:

-1 Lugia-EX
-1 Pokemon Ranger
-1 Switch
-2 Metal Energy

+4 Crushing Hammer
+1 Float Stone

I feel that the strongest version of this deck is with Garbodor and Energy disruption.

Garbodor improves your matchup against anything running Abilities, in particular:
  • Greninja BREAK
  • Volcanion-EX
  • Giratina-EX
Crushing Hammer, Enhanced Hammer and Team Flare Grunt build on the disruption powers of Iron Crusher. This is especially good for slowing your opponent down and compensating for your own lack of damage output. Of course, this comes with the downside of harming your own consistency but I feel it's a risk worth taking.

However, if you are adverse to using Garbodor then I'd agree that Octillery is a good consistency card here. One change I'd make immediately though is to add in one or two Float Stone. As you know, Tool cards can't be removed by any other Trainers at the moment which makes Float Stone a lot more powerful than Switch. Furthermore, my initial feeling is that two Super Rod and two Pokemon Ranger is excessive - a one count of each should suffice.

All in all:

-1 Lugia-EX
-1 Pokemon Ranger
-1 Switch
-2 Metal Energy

+4 Crushing Hammer
+1 Float Stone
I can work with that, thanks, also i might drop one crushing hammer for a hoopa. I have found that it is hard to get mega scizor out especially since I recently dropped one for another hex.

• Greninja BREAK
  • Volcanion-EX
  • Giratina-EX

All in all:

-1 Lugia-EX
-1 Pokemon Ranger
-1 Switch
-2 Metal Energy

+4 Crushing Hammer
+1 Float Stone

I would not get rid of any of the energy. Especially not if you're planning on keeping Max Elixir in the deck. I might even add one energy to increase consistency. I don't like the Garbodor line as much as a streamlined M Scizor build with 2 Hex Maniac. I don't think Garb helps out that much against this deck's worst matchup, Volcanion. If Volcanion gets a good turn one, Garbodor won't help you at all.
Float Stone would be nice here, and so would Crushing Hammer. You could get away with replacing Switch with Float Stone, especially if you decide to run with Garbodor.

-1 Lugia EX
-1 Pokemon Ranger
-1 Cobalion
-2/2 Remoraid/Octillery
-2 Silent Lab
-3 Mega Turbo
-2 Switch

+2 Shaymin EX
+1 Hoopa EX
+1 Hex Maniac
+2 Float Stone
+1 Max Elixir
+1 Metal Energy
+4 Crushing Hammer
+1 Team Flare Grunts
+1 Pokemon Center Lady

These changes would add a lot of consistency and disruption to the deck. I also still like 2 copies of Parallel City, but if you can't fit that in it's fine.

I would not get rid of any of the energy. Especially not if you're planning on keeping Max Elixir in the deck. I might even add one energy to increase consistency. I don't like the Garbodor line as much as a streamlined M Scizor build with 2 Hex Maniac. I don't think Garb helps out that much against this deck's worst matchup, Volcanion. If Volcanion gets a good turn one, Garbodor won't help you at all.
Float Stone would be nice here, and so would Crushing Hammer. You could get away with replacing Switch with Float Stone, especially if you decide to run with Garbodor.

-1 Lugia EX
-1 Pokemon Ranger
-1 Cobalion
-2/2 Remoraid/Octillery
-2 Silent Lab
-3 Mega Turbo
-2 Switch

+2 Shaymin EX
+1 Hoopa EX
+1 Hex Maniac
+2 Float Stone
+1 Max Elixir
+1 Metal Energy
+4 Crushing Hammer
+1 Team Flare Grunts
+1 Pokemon Center Lady

These changes would add a lot of consistency and disruption to the deck. I also still like 2 copies of Parallel City, but if you can't fit that in it's fine.
I will definately add the hammers for some disruption and drop a switch for a float stone for octillery. But the shaymins first off didnt work quite as well for me. And the silent labs shut down other shamins, Giritina, and other basics for that early first turn disruption. I opt this over parallel city as well because octillery is not as big of a risk sitting on my bench.

I will definately add the hammers for some disruption and drop a switch for a float stone for octillery. But the shaymins first off didnt work quite as well for me. And the silent labs shut down other shamins, Giritina, and other basics for that early first turn disruption. I opt this over parallel city as well because octillery is not as big of a risk sitting on my bench.

That's actually a pretty nice idea I hadn't considered. I'll have to test it out with Octillery and Silent Lab.

My friend and I have been working on Scizor variants for a while now, and I feel like I could help with the deck list.
First, I would cut out 1 M Scizor. It's very unlikely you'll ever have all four out at once, or even have the need to.
Cobalion is a nice addition. I'm not sure if 1 or 2 is needed, so I wouldn't cut any out for now.
Lugia really has no place in the deck, as DCE isn't needed for this deck. There are other tech attackers that mesh with the deck better.
Next, as sad as it makes me, Octillery needs to go. Shaymin is just so much better for 99% of decks.
Finally, I would replace the 2 Silent Labs with Reverse Valley. +10 damage is always nice.
Now for the additions. Right off the bat, 2 Shaymins are needed to cover the void the removal of Octillery left.
Next, a copy of Hoopa EX is called for. It gets those precious Megas and Shaymins out when you need them the most.
In the Trainer department, I'd throw in a Teammates. This deck loses to Volcanion and things like Greninja/Talonflame pretty bad, so death is inevitable, be it Cobalion or Shaymin.
So, to recap,
-1 Lugia EX
-2 Remoraid
-2 Octillery
-2 Silent Lab
+2 Shaymin EX
+1 Hoopa EX
+1 Teammates
+4 techs of your choice
Hope this helped!

I don't know if I agree with the reverse valley over silent lab. Sure +10 dmg is always nice to have, but what's the difference in hitting for 120/130 in one turn or 240/260 in two turns? The only advantage I see with it is OHKO of Volcanion. But with silent lab in play, I'm not worried about him. Of all the decks coming up in this meta this one interests me the most, but I'm going to play it a little differently.

I don't know if I agree with the reverse valley over silent lab. Sure +10 dmg is always nice to have, but what's the difference in hitting for 120/130 in one turn or 240/260 in two turns? The only advantage I see with it is OHKO of Volcanion. But with silent lab in play, I'm not worried about him. Of all the decks coming up in this meta this one interests me the most, but I'm going to play it a little differently.
Im kind of glad you see the purpose of the silent labs ans maybe....now octillery over shaymin makes a little more sense *nudge nudge*

Oh I dont plan on using silent lab. I just understood your reasoning behind it. I play on playing Garbodor over silent lab. Tool removal is almost non-exsistant so I'd rather run a 2-2 line of him than silent lab and octillery

Oh I dont plan on using silent lab. I just understood your reasoning behind it. I play on playing Garbodor over silent lab. Tool removal is almost non-exsistant so I'd rather run a 2-2 line of him than silent lab and octillery
Right, right I was just glad someone could follow what I was going for. And snek to seems to follow

Ive been running mega scizor and i love it. I run
X4 scizlr ex
X3 m scizor ex
X1 shaymin ex
X1 hoopa ex
X 2 lugia
For my pokemon and i was skeptical at first about not having garbodor but lugia 2hkos anything that threates scizor before a belt and it always seemed to take way to long to get garbodor set up. Taking it out made things a lot more consistant.

How does it take Garbodor too long to setup vs Lugia? Unless you're hitting max elixir or running DCE it takes just as long.

How does it take Garbodor too long to setup vs Lugia? Unless you're hitting max elixir or running DCE it takes just as long.
I think it should be left at the preference of the deck builder. I have made some ajustments to this deck and I will post it later un the day. All I ask is that everyone not bicker. In the end its all opinion. On that note I have tested w/lugia and have seen alot of success. Garb isnt comepletly out of question though.

I don't see how I'm bickering. I was wondering the logic of Lugia over Garbo. The setup comment didn't make sense to me which is why I asked.

agreed. Both can have their place in the deck, just depends on your local meta I guess.

Back