• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Steeling States (Cobalion/Scizor Prime)

DeepSleepDarkrai

Aspiring Trainer
Hi all, I'm posting the deck I'll be using for states and trying to get a little bit of help a couple weeks before the big turny.

Pokemon:18
3 Skarmory UD
3 Cobalion NV
3-3 Scizor Prime UD
2-1-2 Klinklang BW
1 Articuno NDE

T/S/S:28
3 PONT
3 Charen/Juniper/N
3 Dual Ball
4 Junkarm
2 Pokemon Catcher
2 Crush Hammer
2 Rare Candy
2 Eviolite
3 Pokemon Communication
1 Switch
2 PlusPower
1 Super Rod
Energy:14
4 Sp Metal
2 Prism
8 Metal

So this is kind of a utility deck that could attack pretty much anything, Skarmory is for setup, Cobalion and Scizor are stall attackers, Onix is for Zekrom/Regigigas/Magnezone while Steelix is for the unlikely VVV, and lastly Articuno is to deal with that pesky Fire weakness. What can I do to make this deck more streamline without losing the coverage I have?

I'm not sure if kingklang and steelix may be the best choice because they can get OHKOd by almost all the EXs. I'd say
-2 crush hammer (really isn't that needed)
-1 skarmory (3 is enough)
-1-1 steelix
-1 PONT (make room)
-1 cheren/juniper/N (make room)

+1 communication (set up)
+4 collector (get out basics)
+1 JA (reuse trainers)
+1 extra

Jirachi said:
I'm not sure if kingklang and steelix may be the best choice because they can get OHKOd by almost all the EXs. I'd say
-2 crush hammer (really isn't that needed)
-1 skarmory (3 is enough)
-1-1 steelix
-1 PONT (make room)
-1 cheren/juniper/N (make room)

+1 communication (set up)
+4 collector (get out basics)
+1 JA (reuse trainers)
+1 extra

I will agree that Steelix probably isn't needed and could go ahead and drop that and the 4th Skarmory for 1 Communication and 1 Junk Arm.

updated list

1 Rare candy? You'll never get Klingkang out. I suggest 3. Vileplume is also something to consider.

pokemonjoe said:
1 Rare candy? You'll never get Klingkang out. I suggest 3. Vileplume is also something to consider.

1 is kinda low I but I'll bump it up to 2 as for Vileplume it ends up being to much for this deck and causes setup to be slower.

DeepSleepDarkrai said:
1 is kinda low I but I'll bump it up to 2 as for Vileplume it ends up being to much for this deck and causes setup to be slower.
You need 3 if you ever want to get Klingkang out. A 3-1-2 line would be less of a liability as well.

Back