• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Steam Siege cards into M Sceptile/Garbodor Deck

chacks13

Aspiring Trainer
Hello Everyone, Today i am bringing a variable for the M Sceptile with Garbodor. The main strategy is to set up 2 sceptiles and their megas as fast as turn 1 or turn 2 and start attacking while setting up garbodor on turn 2 or 3 tops. after that its just start the sceptile loop while blocking abilities. The hardest matchup i've had until now in PTCGO has been M Mewtwo. Any help will be greatly appreciate it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pokemon (14)

Sceptile EX - 3

Sceptile EX Promo - 1

M Sceptile EX - 3

Hoopa Ex - 1

Shaymin EX - 2

Trubish - 2

Garbodor - 2

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trainers (27)

VS Seeker - 4

Trainers Mail - 4

Sceptile Spirit Link - 3

Float Stone - 3

Energy Retrieval - 1

Forrest of Giant Plants - 3

Parallel City - 2

Mega Turbo - 2

Super Rod - 1

Ultra Ball - 4

Supporters (10)

Professor Sycamore - 3

N - 3

Fisherman - 1

Lysandre - 1

Professor Birch's Observations - 1

Skyla - 1

Energy (9)

Grass Energy - 9

I used a M Sceptile Zoroark BREAK deck back around states in early spring. My biggest problem is that I had to 3 shot mega and 3 shot EX with Fighting Fury Belt. By pairing it with Ariados instead of Garbodor, you can hit the right numbers. Its ability lets you poison both active Pokemon, except grass. Your Unseen Claw hits for 140 after the poison. Jagged Saber will do 230 damage after the poisoning from the second turn, knocking out everything I can think of that you will face. You also will two shot EX with a Fighting Fury Belt.

I used a M Sceptile Zoroark BREAK deck back around states in early spring. My biggest problem is that I had to 3 shot mega and 3 shot EX with Fighting Fury Belt. By pairing it with Ariados instead of Garbodor, you can hit the right numbers. Its ability lets you poison both active Pokemon, except grass. Your Unseen Claw hits for 140 after the poison. Jagged Saber will do 230 damage after the poisoning from the second turn, knocking out everything I can think of that you will face. You also will two shot EX with a Fighting Fury Belt.
Then what if I go against a deck that runs garbodor?

The other main issue I've found with M Mewtwo EX is its Mewtwo EX's Damage Change attack which can "heal" the M Mewtwo EX and likely KO my active Pokémon. I'm still looking for another approach for this particular match-up.

The other main issue I've found with M Mewtwo EX is its Mewtwo EX's Damage Change attack which can "heal" the M Mewtwo EX and likely KO my active Pokémon. I'm still looking for another approach for this particular match-up.
The main issue in my case is that they charge M Mewtwo with double colorless until they can OHKO M Sceptile

Needs a none ex attacker like lugia (Fates Collide) or Veriz ( AO ) for Regice, if nothing else a Pokemon Ranger or two.

Back