States: looking for advice

Shades

Death before Dishonor
States is coming up next month and i've yet to decide on a deck.
As i'm not going to have time to aquire and test everything i would like to i thought i would come here and ask of your valuable opinions.

Honchkrow-I only list this cuz i've got some experience with it. It's consistent and fun, but doesnt really stand strong once my opponent is set up, even though i try hard to keep that from happening.

Gallade/Gardevoir-I dont have much experience here, but i get the idea. Seems very strong and prolly i good choice. I imagine i'll see a lot of it at States

Blissy/ect.-Blissy is good. I dont have much experience here either. I dont know weither i would run it straight or with ban/lucario. I had an idea to run it with arcanaine and drop it when blissy is low and try and pick up 3~4 prizes with the bliss and arc but idk how that would work so if anyone has tried this lemme know.

Porygon Z- I dont know much about the deck and if it's good/consistent, but it looks fun. I guess the question here is: can it win games? especially against strong matchups, i.e. G&G another hard hitting combo.

Banette- last season i ran banette. I was pretty successful, so i am biased to like him lol. However, do i run him straight up or with a G&G or bliss line, idk. If you run him turn 2 do you go for turn 2 Ghosthead KO then turn 3~4 spiteful pain for another KO? I dont know how consistent/good this is so, yeah lol.

Cresslia?- maybe with G&G idk lol

Empoleon- I played empoleon for awhile, but i wasnt winning very many so i put him away. I never tried Empoleon+Lucario though, and I've heard many people have found success here. So i would be willing to give him a second chance.

Electivire- i have never played vire, but i like him. I dont know how to use him well in a deck, so if anyone has a good combo with him lemme know.

This is all i can really think of at the moment so yeah lol. I am open to any suggestions and opinions so please feel free lol. Also it's not like im novice, I know how to play pokemon lol, i just havent had as much time/money this season to really play like i wanted to so please dont think im coming here to swoop someones ideas so i can do good at states. It's not like that. I am going with my brother and he gets a lot of top ten finishes, thats not really what im going for, i will be pleased with 2 or 3 wins i just dont wanna go and flop lol. So its not like im looking for a shoe-in either lol. Anyway thank you everyone, may your battles be epic and your victories glorious.

Thanks in advance,

Shades~

Where's Mag? G&G, blissey, and Mag are the 3 big decks(and have the best chance for a win, IMO). If you want to be differrent you could try Porygon Z or Empoleon(which you said didn't work for you before, so it probably won't work for you now). I don't think Porygon Z has much standing with Gallade running around, same with Electivire. Cressilia is good tech for G&G, don't know for sure(never tested it). I would say pick one of the big 3, unless you can find somthing else. This is just IMO.

ya im sure i could throw any of those together for a few safe wins although I've noticed magmortar doesnt get much play around here so we'll see. Anymore advice would be aprecciated ^O^

~Shades

g&g will do really well this upcoming states so i would try running a counter to it wich is right now flygon ex or arbock and crobat.

yeah i have 2 flygon ex d but idk how the i would run the engine as holon is pretty much gone. Scott i guess? hmm. maybe i'll throw one together and see how i like it i could see a rouge ex deck come out and do good at states, just because its anti meta. flygon one shots everything in G&G with lake boundry. I could see crawdaunt doing good in a magmortar heavy meta as well, or even feraligatr/magneton. Anyway, thanks for the input, i've been playing some blissy combos and there doing alright for me, but im definatly gonna throw together a flygod. I still wanna play around with pory Z i know it is inconsistant but my guess is final cut for states is going to be half good players playing arch-types and half rouge, just because the scene seems so meta that any rouge deck should have a decent shot. Thanks for your opinions further input is always welcome ^O^.

~Shades

I will give you the advice I give everyone. Go with what your a most confertable with. If you change to something that may be good but you are not confertable with it you are WAY more likely to make mistakes.

Banette, it sounds like you used it and you feel good playing it. If G&G is popular around your area play Lake Boundary with it, and a personal favorite combo of mine is the new age Rambolt with 1/1 or 2/1 Lunasol :D

Back