States decks....

ShiftryMaster

Guy With Face
So since City Championships are coming to a close and people are brainstorming, I decided to make this thread.
List YOUR States deck Ideas and which decks are going to be played.

My decks are:
1.DuskGar
2.Kingdra
3.Torrterra
4.Rouge
5.Machamp

Metagame at States:
1.Machamp varities
2.DuskGar
3.Dusknoir varities
4.Kingdra
5.Rouge
6.Scizor varities

RE: States decks...

Did you foget that a new set will come out by States. =/ The new set will change the metagame a lot....

I expect to see:

-Grass decks
-Giratina variants
-Machamp
-Rampardos
-Blastoise/Delcatty
-More Delcatty variants
-Dusknoir
-G decks

Why some DP-SF deck won't be around:
-Raichu: Machamp already gave it problems. Rampardos OHKOs everything for one energy.
-Regigigas: Again, Rampardos kills Regigigas for one energy. Not threatening? I don't think so...
-Kingdra: Grass types will skyrocket with Shaymin LV. X a 40HP boost and resistance will be too much for it to handle....

Ya the reason I didnt put those cards on metagame of states is because I forgot them. And i didnt even think of puttings those decks under "deck choises" is because I have to get use to the deck and then perfect it.

I like that there are new cards every 3 months... I am starting to feel the need for new ones... I look forward to creating some Team Galactic decks-and to augment/improve my Scizor and Yanmega decks for States.

I'll most likely be running my DuskZong deck with a 1-1 Muk SW tech that DOX posted about. I don't really like Shaymin to tell you the truth. IMO DuskZong is the best deck in the format and will be until BET comes out in the US.

Lunar Wing said:
I'll most likely be running my DuskZong deck with a 1-1 Muk SW tech that DOX posted about. I don't really like Shaymin to tell you the truth. IMO DuskZong is the best deck in the format and will be until BET comes out in the US.
I don't think that Shaymin will be any good unless its pared up with the perfect combo w/ techs.

Shaymin will only be useful as a tech in Grass decks. How could you possibly pass up 40 more HP?

Though as a main player in a deck.....no.

Regigigas gets eaten alive by Rampardos....unless it has Snowpoint, all Regigigas will be OHKO'd by Rampardos. Even with Snowpoint, only the Level X could survive with a mere 10HP. It could Sacrifice, but then I'll hit it again for 160.

Regigigas can still win against Rampardos, because after the KO, Rampardos will have to deal with the 40 damage backlash and then be OHKO'd back with a Giga Blaster (YOU FAIL RAMPARDOS. IN YOUR FACE AHHAHAHAA).

Skuntank/Toxicroak G?
Shaymin + whatever other Grass Pokemon are out?
Rampardos?
Regigigas?

I think all of those will see play.

Not sure what I'll see at states. Decks that I have to choose from are:

Darkrai/Blissey << lol yea right. Just a fun/sentimental deck
Dusknoir
Rouge SD =]
Regigas
AMU
Machamp
Torterra

And at the 2 cities I went too, it was all Gengar and Dusknoir all around. About 4 of us played Machamp (Props to Mike for winning Cities with Champ), and 1 Kingdra. There were a few rouges, but all mainly Dusknoir/Gengar. Not together.. either or.

Well States will be fun. Overall I see:
1. Giratina Yanmega
2. Toxicroak Skuntank
3. Rhyperior Dialga Delcatty
4. AMU
5. Shaymin Variants

Other than that nothing has shown to be beastly. Rampardos could work, but it fails against almost all of the above decks.

LUNAR WING: IMO DuskZong is the best deck in the format and will be until BET comes out in the US.

THIS could not be more far from the truth.

People. There is no best deck. Matchups are key and counters are key.

I am liking Toxicroak G, Skuntank G, Dugtrio GC tech, and muk SW tech. A nice T2 deck that does 60 with posion damage on T2. So a T2 70 is great! Auto posion is also nice.

Well, I am gone, I have so many SD's that are SSSS in the D. THEY ARE SECRET,

Timmy.

Ariadosguy said:
DawnOfXatu said:
1. Giratina Yanmega

That is the worst variation of Giratina. Run it with something better.

Yanmega goes best with Giratina IMHO, aside from Blastoise Delcatty, there aren't any better variations.

I don't care what is in the new set because i believe DusGar will still be effective and i will run it, considering maybe putting in Giratina though.

When I look through the Platinum scans (I have a little trouble with Japanese spoilers) I'll probably change my mind, but for now, I'm going with Feraligatr/Bronzong SF.

Back