Discussion Standard Rainbow Road post Guardians Rising?

Crizor

Aspiring Trainer
I haven't seen much discussion about it aside from Sudowoodo maybe preventing it from emerging as a top tier deck, but I feel like a few cards from GUR can help it out a bit.

- Choice Band essentially just gives you one more type on a tool and lets you hit for kill(220) on a bunch of EX/GX even with FFB with just Volcanion and 4 Monotypes. The only things it won't let you kill are FFB Lapras and Stage 2 GX's

- Field Blower lets you break out of Parallel damage cap while also letting you break FFB's for easier knockouts and float stones to lock someone in and buy time to set up Xerneas. Granted the deck does heavily rely on float stone too so this could be a set back more than a benefit.

- Rescue stretcher is a bit weird, getting a poke straight to your hand from discard might be really useful as it lets you immediately build up damage if they kill your Volcanion or just getting another Xerneas too is good, Whether or not that super rod being able to get back energy is more worth or not is hard to say.

I really like Rainbow Road and would like to continue playing it, so what do you think?

Back