Discussion Spring Regionals Decks

Gible06

Aspiring Trainer
since most cards that will be available during the spring regionals (excluding the last week of regionals) have already been released and been practice with, what decks will be popular? I'm going to Seattle regionals and conciderning darkrai variants and maybe a plasma deck! Would love to here what everybody thinks about what is going to be played.

If you're running a plasma deck, you can tech a Genesect EX to deal with Zygarde/Regirock/Carbink, which is the new [F] deck

I want to run Trevenant break...
But I don't know if it is the right play...

It had success before, so why not again... Right?

If you're running a plasma deck, you can tech a Genesect EX to deal with Zygarde/Regirock/Carbink, which is the new [F] deck

The problem is that fates collide won't be legal at Seattle regionals and most other regionals.

The problem is that fates collide won't be legal at Seattle regionals and most other regionals.

Why were ypu thinking about that Genesect? Team Plasma's Genesect EX, the grass-one. You can abuse its ability and use its attack with Prism/Rainbow Energy. You can recover them with Thundurus EX, so there's no problems of hammers

Both of those decks are built upon speed. Speed is built upon items. Vileplume wrecks item cards. Why not play a Vileplume Variant? Vileplume Giratina? Vileplume Vespiquen? Or even Vileplume Latios.

I've been testing Vileplume/Vespiquen and its quite good with Exeggcute.

Some one said to use genesect to stop regirock/zygarde/carbink. The only problem is that jolteon just destroys plasma decks and jolteon is definitely going to be played. Anyone know of a way to handle jolteon with plasma?

Some one said to use genesect to stop regirock/zygarde/carbink. The only problem is that jolteon just destroys plasma decks and jolteon is definitely going to be played. Anyone know of a way to handle jolteon with plasma?

Just use Genesect's ability to change you opponent active Jolteon to bench, Lysandre it to the active spot again and with Lugia + Muscle Band+ 2 Deoxys you should be able to OHKO it.

Little less reliable but there is always catcher too
I know, but Catcher/Lysandre/Red Signal are the same. So I think adding Pokemon Catcher in the deck is a bad option. But if you don't want to use Lysandre, another option is to use Escape Rope (you'd have to put as active something with no retreat cost or with float stone) and then use Genesect's ability.

I think trevenant break will be popular. The real issue is primal groudon. This deck is very good in the hands of someone who knows how to use it. It may or may not be popular though because you need tropical beaches for it to be good. So either 1. Everyone will buy beaches and play it, 2. People will play it without beach, or 3. People just won't play it because they realize it's bad without beaches. IMO it's a very good deck.

Back