• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Spreadswap (post-Burning Shadows)

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon - 12
4 Tapu Koko promo
3 Tapu Lele promo
2 Necrozma-GX
2 Tapu Lele-GX
1 Espeon-EX

Supporters - 11
4 Sycamore
2 N
2 Lysandre
2 Hex Maniac
1 Skyla

Items - 23
4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker
3 Target Whistle
3 Captivating Pokepuff
2 Float Stone
2 Rescue Stretcher
2 Field Blower
2 Special Charge
1 Computer Search

Stadiums - 4
4 Dimension Valley

Energy - 10
4 Double Colorless Energy
6 Psychic Energy

Pokemon
So the basic concept here is to line up a ton of damage across the board then wipe them with Tapu Lele's Magical Swap attack, which allows you rearrange the damage counters on your opponent's side of the board however you like for [P][C].

Tapu Koko promo is your ideal starter and all around attacker. It will put between 20 and 120 damage on the board per turn depending on how your opponent manages their bench. The advantage of using spread damage here is that it makes it more difficult to scoop dama

Necrozma-GX annihilates decks that want to build a big bench of EX/GX pokemon, particularly Megaray but also Volcanion which is still pretty popular in expanded and Rainbow Road which I believe will get more popular with Darkrai-GX.

Espeon-EX gives you a second route for a donk against GX decks. None of the stage 1 cards that evolve into a GX has more than 100hp. Black Ray into Miraculous Shine is an instant field wipe against any big GX deck.

I considered Weavile, Zoroark and Dusknoir here but I feel that depending on evolutions in expanded is risky. Zoroark is probably the best of these options since otherwise you do lack a big single target damage source. Weavile is kind of redundant with Necrozma, and Dusknoir is a stage 2.

Supporters
Not much to say here, pretty standard setup. Skyla is a nice one of with Lele since it lets you chain into a lot of things with that one extra item. I think 2 Hex Maniac will be important for dealing with Marshadow which I believe will bring Night March right back up to t1 potential, and I see this as a potentially bad matchup for this deck. Unlike most decks Night March has no interest in building a bench for me to stack damage on, and with Marshadow it doesn't have to at all. I do have Necrozma to deal with it though.

Another reason I need multiple Hex Maniacs is to deal with Mr. Mime. Mime blocks damage but not counter placement, so as long as I can get a good hit off with Koko I can trade a Lele to KO it with an early Magical Swap. Machoke is a thing too but fortunately it's psychic weak so in a pinch I can Lysandre it into Necrozma and use its first attack with a psychic energy attached. Not a great solution but I don't see it being that common of a situation.

Items

Mostly conventional with the glaring exception of a lot of target whistles and pokepuffs. The exact makeup is still up in the air (and the overall investment is probably a bit too high, I might prefer having a choice band or two), but the idea here is to force people to bench things and these are the best tools for that. Special Charges because recycling DCE is kind of important for this deck since you're typically going to be trading a few Koko before you drop Black Ray/Magical Swap.

The Rest

Dimension Valley is key to this deck because it reduces Lele and Necrozma's costs to one attachment each, probably the single biggest reason I want to run it in expanded, though this deck could easily be changed to also work in standard. I could probably get away with 1-2 less psychic energy but it would reduce consistency.

The absolute nastiest match up I can think of for this deck is M-Gardevoir-STS, I'd say it's basically an autoloss and there's not much you can do about it. Decks that run lots of scoop ups will also be an issue. Other than that I think this deck should do reasonably well against most of the meta.

Last edited:
Back