Spike 2011 Video Game Awards Results

Rusty Sticks

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Here are the results for the 2011 VGAs. Feel free to discuss the games here. Talk about who won, who should of won, who should have been nominated, etc.

GAME OF THE YEAR

Batman: Arkham City
*The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim*
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Portal 2
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception

CHARACTER OF THE YEAR
Nathan Drake, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
Marcus Fenix, Gears of War 3
*The Joker, Batman: Arkham City*
Wheatley, Portal 2

STUDIO OF THE YEAR

*Bethesda Game Studios*
Naughty Dog
Rocksteady Studios
Valve

BEST XBOX 360 GAME

*Batman: Arkham City*
Forza Motorsport 4
Gears of War 3
Portal 2

BEST PS3 GAME

inFAMOUS 2
Killzone 3
LittleBigPlanet 2
*Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception*

BEST Wii GAME

Disney’s Epic Mickey
Kirby’s Return to Dream Land
Lost in Shadow
*The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword*

BEST PC GAME

Battlefield 3
Minecraft
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
*Portal 2*

BEST HANDHELD/MOBILE GAME

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
Infinity Blade
*Super Mario 3D Land*
Jetpack Joyride

BEST SHOOTER

Battlefield 3
*Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3*
Gears of War 3
Rage

BEST ACTION ADVENTURE GAME

Assassin’s Creed: Revelations
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception

BEST RPG

Dark Souls
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Dragon Age II
*The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim*

BEST MULTI-PLAYER

Battlefield 3
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Gears of War 3
*Portal 2*

BEST INDIVIDUAL SPORTS GAME

*Fight Night Champion*
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters
Top Spin 4
Virtua Tennis 4

BEST TEAM SPORTS GAME

FIFA Soccer 12
*NBA 2K12*
NHL 12
MLB ’11: The Show

BEST DRIVING GAME

DiRT 3
Driver: San Francisco
*Forza Motorsport 4*
Need For Speed: The Run

BEST FIGHTING GAME

The King of Fighters XIII
Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds
*Mortal Kombat*
WWE All Stars

BEST MOTION GAME

Child of Eden
Dance Central 2
The Gunstringer
*The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword*

BEST INDEPENDENT GAME

Bastion
*Minecraft*
Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery EP
The Binding of Isaac

BEST ADAPTED VIDEO GAME

Back to the Future: The Game
Captain America: Super Soldier
LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars

BEST SONG IN A GAME

*“Build that Wall (Zia’s Theme)” by Darren Korb – Bastion*
“Exile Vilify” by The National – Portal 2
“I’m Not Calling You a Liar” by Florence + the Machine – Dragon Age II
“Setting Sail, Coming Home (End Theme)” by Darren Korb – Bastion
“Want You Gone” by Jonathan Coulton – Portal 2

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE

*Bastion*
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Portal 2

BEST GRAPHICS

LA Noire
Rage
*Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception*

BEST PERFORMANCE BY A HUMAN MALE

J.K. Simmons as Cave Johnson – Portal 2
Mark Hamill as The Joker – Batman: Arkham City
Nolan North as Nathan Drake – Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception
*Stephen Merchant as Wheatley – Portal 2*

BEST PERFORMANCE BY A HUMAN FEMALE

Claudia Black as Chloe Frazer – Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception
*Ellen McLain as GLaDOS – Portal 2*
Emily Rose as Elena Fisher – Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception
Tara Strong as Harley Quinn – Batman: Arkham City

BEST DOWNLOADABLE GAME

*Bastion*
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Stacking
Trenched

BEST DLC

Fallout: New Vegas – Old World Blues
Mass Effect 2: Arrival
Mortal Kombat: Freddy Krueger
*Portal 2 Peer Review*

MOST ANTICIPATED GAME (Fan-Voted)

BioShock: Infinite
Diablo III
Halo 4
*Mass Effect 3*
The Last Guardian

It should also be noted that The Legend of Zelda was inaugurated into the Hall of Fame in the awards, or at least that's what I've heard.

I'm not surprised with any of these, really. A bit disappointed about MW3 making best shooter. Mostly because of popularity I would guess...

^As opposed to Duty Calls? :p

Anyways, Bethesda Studios: Rules and will continue to rule for all eternity. <3
In all honesty, these picks are good. Uncharted, Arkham City, Skyrim, Skyward Sword, all great games, no dispute there. Portal 2 also got the awards it deserved, and there's some irony in the best voice awards going to people who played robots. I'm only shocked about ME3, I was sure Halo or Bioshock fans would win the day. Looking forward to all of em.

omg why wasn't this in the op aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Added Character of the Year since it wasn't in the OP for some reason (prolly accidentally deleted it).

The Joker won.

Daft Punk said:
^As opposed to Duty Calls? :p

Duty Calls for best shooter ever.

And Conduit 2 is best shooter on Wii right now, sad to see it didn't make the list. At least IGN put it there on their list.

mmm.

Best Sports game should have gone to Virtua Tennis 4 imo. Other than that, no problems with the list.

EDIT: Best performance should have gone to the Joker >:0

I could probably argue with you for hours on why I think MW3 outclasses BF3 in almost every respect, but I've done that too much on Youtube, lol. The Joker always wins Character of the year, no doubt about it. Mark Hamill <3 Anyways, I was posting to ask if anyone's played Bastion. It's apparently a good downloadable game with an awesome soundtrack.
/me shrugs

I'm surprised that Portal 2 got best multiplayer. It was good, but it simply wasn't a multiplayer driven game such as Modern Warfare is.

It's awesome that Bastion got the awards it did. That game was amazing, and that song completely deserved that award. I'm surprised the ending Bastion song was even a nominee, it just didn't impress me the way some of the other music in that game did.

Edit: @ Daft Punk I've played it. It's an amazing RPG with a great storyline, gameplay, and soundtrack. I highly recommend downloading it, it's one of the best purchases I've ever made.

Mortal Kombat > MVC3 is also arguable, but the first Marvel WAS unfinished, so I suppose that makes sense. UMVC3 is the full game, and that should have gotten fighting game of the year. imo, of course.

I just think that Mortal Kombat is such an old and respected franchise. As much as I love UMvC3, I enjoy MK as well, and the newest version is just so fun to play, and really sets the standard for new generation of fighters. I think the award was fully deserved, but that's not to say I don't like owning some face with Spidey from time to time.

I knew Skyrim would be up there, the graphics the customization and the story-line all make for a great game.

Don't get me wrong, MW3 was good. But it was just BO repackaged. Besides, Skyrim won GOTY, I'm happy.

It's a shame Skyward Sword had no competition in the categories it won...not that many good Wii games or motion games this year.

Don't get me wrong, SS was an amazing game, definitely a game of the year nominee. You would think that such a great game would go up against more than...Dance Central 2...

Skyrim <3

I had a feeling it would get GOTY, just because the rest of the games were all good, but they weren't strong enough competition. Bethesda winning Studio of the Year is no surprise, and Skyrim taking best RPG was already expected.

ME3 Most Anticipated Game <3

I would've loved to see "The DragonBorn Comes" get best song out of a game, that'd be pretty funny.

You've got to be joking.
Deus Ex won nothing?
DEUS EX WON NOTHING?
Not even a nominee for GOTY?
Not even a nominee for best 360 game?

And I am disgusted with Portal 2 winning as much as it did. Best multiplayer? Best DLC? Better than ME2 arrival? Best anything? I think not.
Best fighter, Mortal Kombat? What is going on? Where is my Blazblue, at least Ultimate is better than Mortal Kombat right? I can't trust a list that votes Mortal Kombat over anything.

I'm glad that Skyrim and city did so well plus ME3 for 2012, but for Deus Ex to win nothing...I...just...no....I'm leaving
See ya later.

Dang it! I was gonna watch this but i took an arrow to the knee... :(
Also I knew skyrim would be GOTY, practiacally anything bestheseda makes is GOTY.

Javier8100 said:
Dang it! I was gonna watch this but i took an arrow to the knee... :(
Also I knew skyrim would be GOTY, practiacally anything bestheseda makes is GOTY.

OH GOD NOT HERE TOO AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH.

Look at Portal 2, getting the most awards of all (5). It and Arkham City pretty much swept the show. Good for them, I thoroughly enjoyed both games :]

Uninstall said:
You've got to be joking.
Deus Ex won nothing?
DEUS EX WON NOTHING?

And I am disgusted with Portal 2 winning as much as it did. Best multiplayer? Best DLC? Better than ME2 arrival? Best anything? I think not.
Best fighter, Mortal Kombat? What is going on? Where is my Blazblue, at least Ultimate is better than Mortal Kombat right? I can't trust a list that votes Mortal Kombat over anything.

I'm glad that Skyrim and city did so well plus ME3 for 2012, but for Deus Ex to win nothing...I...just...no....I'm leaving
See ya later.

This. Deus Ex remains my Game of the Year.

Also incredibly disappointed that Witcher 2 didn't win best PC game.

Uninstall said:
You've got to be joking.
Deus Ex won nothing?
DEUS EX WON NOTHING?

See ya later.

Deus Ex was good, but not GOTY worthy. But I agree with you on the Xbox 360 award. It was at least good enough for that. Portal 2 was great. Best multiplayer? Yes. Best DLC? Maybe. But it was great and it lived up to the hype.

Back