• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Speedy Mega Rayquaza list

TCG_Destory

Darkness player
So I was trying to bring into a competitive formula, that Mega Rayquaza card no one ever really looked at from Roaring Skies. I went and made a list that aims for turn two Dragon Ascents and keeping the Ray alive for as long as possible (since the main issue has to be having to power up too many in a game). Here is what it looks like:

Pokémon (13)
Rayquaza EX ROS-60 x3
M Rayquaza EX ROS-61 x3
Hydreigon EX ROS x1
Reshiram ROS x3
Shaymin EX ROS x3

Trainer (37)
Parallel City x1
Shrine of Memories x1

Lysandre x2
N x2
Professor Sycamore x3

Fairy Drop x4
Mega Turbo x3
Rayquaza Spirit Link x3
Special Charge x2
Switch x4
Trainer's Mail x4
Ultra Ball x4
VS Seeker x4

Energy (10)
Double Dragon Energy x4
Fire Energy x6

This is just an idea, no match has been played with this and I was just wondering:
What do you think of this list?
What would you change?
Did I forget something?

Leaving your suggestions would be much appreciated, I would love to see Dragon Ray beat Meta Decks down.

So I was trying to bring into a competitive formula, that Mega Rayquaza card no one ever really looked at from Roaring Skies. I went and made a list that aims for turn two Dragon Ascents and keeping the Ray alive for as long as possible (since the main issue has to be having to power up too many in a game). Here is what it looks like:

Pokémon (13)
Rayquaza EX ROS-60 x3
M Rayquaza EX ROS-61 x3
Hydreigon EX ROS x1
Reshiram ROS x3
Shaymin EX ROS x3

Trainer (37)
Parallel City x1
Shrine of Memories x1

Lysandre x2
N x2
Professor Sycamore x3

Fairy Drop x4
Mega Turbo x3
Rayquaza Spirit Link x3
Special Charge x2
Switch x4
Trainer's Mail x4
Ultra Ball x4
VS Seeker x4

Energy (10)
Double Dragon Energy x4
Fire Energy x6

This is just an idea, no match has been played with this and I was just wondering:
What do you think of this list?
What would you change?
Did I forget something?

Leaving your suggestions would be much appreciated, I would love to see Dragon Ray beat Meta Decks down.
heya, i have a deck just like this
i find hoopa is a lifesaver and speeds the deck up SOOOOOO much
also maybe some more shrine. you can resource out before winning if you face a non-e deck

also, i have found hydreigon is too invaluable to be prized, so running a second may be worhwhile

Skyfield is too good not to run in here.
i disagree completely. it is irrelevant here. you only really need a hydreigon, a reshiram and a rayquaza out. even is all 3 shaymin are out that is still a spare slot, and got to assume there wont be all 3 shaymins. it adds nothing to the deck, there are better sadiums an sky feild will help the opponent more than it will help you with this deck

I'd say at least 2 Hydreigon EX, and you might also want to switch out at least 1 Switch for an Escape Rope. Might be more useful in like 30-40% of the situations!

I'd say at least 2 Hydreigon EX, and you might also want to switch out at least 1 Switch for an Escape Rope. Might be more useful in like 30-40% of the situations!

So it is less useful in 60-70% of the situations ? :)
Better to keep Switch, then :D

So it is less useful in 60-70% of the situations ? :)
Better to keep Switch, then :D

Not really haha, 1 Escape Rope + 3 Switch is a good combination!
1/4 = Escape Rope -> 25%
3/4 = Switch -> 75%

So playing 1 Escape Rope gives you advantage in quite a few matchups, but most of the time you won't need more than 1 :p

Back