Finished Speed Mafia XLIV - The 'Beach Attack - Game Over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Vote Count
mirdo - scattered [#105]
Draclord - mirdo [#113], NinjaPenguin [#115], Jade [#118]
Self-Voting: Cypher, GM Drac, quaking

Deadline in: PASSED
This count is NOT adjusted for vote manipulation.

It was a slow start to the day, with only a few leads from the previous night. They hedged their bets on GM Drac, hoping luck was on their side. As he was dragged away, he vowed that they would have their revenge...

GM Drac was lynched. He was an attacker:
You are rainyman123 and are aligned with the attackers. Often looked at as a bad player who's not really good at mafia, you struggle to actually do something in a game of mafia. However your instincts are spot-on, and almost every game you are able to just predict who is scum.

Birds of a Feather [Active Ability]
Yveltal is very much under your control, and will perform pretty much any task you ask! Each night, you may choose a player. If that player has any Active Abilities, you will prevent that player from using it for the remainder of the game, indefinitely.

The flood waters are beginning to recede!

Day 3
The innocents were more at peace after ridding a powerful attack from the ring, but they still feared there were more. Indeed, in the morning they find another member dead, with a leafy, green arrow in his side**:

scattered has been killed during the night. He was innocent:
You’re lucky enough to be Quaking, and are aligned with the innocents! Y'know, that one guy who can't get enough of Big Brother and Mafia? That's you! Have fun prodding the mods and other players to victory! :U

Cult of Personality [Active Ability]
In Big Brother, you formed an infamous alliance, known as the Cult to those not in it due the inability to penetrate the minds of those in it and turn them against you. Each night you may choose a player, who will be asked if they’d like to become protected under your alliance. If they agree, that player will be very difficult to kill by the night kill. However, if you ever die, all the innocent-aligned players part of your alliance will die alongside you, so build your group wisely!

Nearby, they find Jade dead also. He was innocent:
What would Pokébeach be without at least one seagull? You are mirdo and are aligned with the innocents. For a long time you and your kind have been subject to, let's call it, underwhelming reactions. This is about to change.

Pie Charts [Passive Ability]
Not that long ago, you randomly used pie charts to help you scumhunt. Hey, you tried! At the end of each night you will receive a graphical breakdown of all the things that the players did during that night, in the form of a pie chart.

The waters are still as if it is high tide!
As long as it's high tide, players can visit the psychologist or the law firm during the night instead of using their normal Active Ability.

**this is just requested flavour, and is not indication of the nightkiller

Day 3 has begun! It will end in approximately 22 hours from this post.

Help we lynched scum and it's still MYLO (or at least it should be, with 4 players and 1 scum). @bbninjas Can you confirm?
The players left are mirdo, Cypher, and Quaking, all of whom I have suspicion on. Great. Early suspicions go on mirdo/Cypher.
Since it's MYLO, I'd think that it's time for a massclaim.
@mirdo
@Cypher333
@quakingpunch73
Can you claim?

I'll be able to scumhunt in a couple of hours. For now, I'll also say that visiting the psychologist told me I was sane. Not much help, if you ask me.

You are DracLord and are aligned with the innocents. DracLord is a senior in the Mafia world but only by his length of time being involved, and not by his capabilities as a player, as based on a normal scale. He often will act on his own way using his questionable methods and ways.

Rumours [Active Ability]
You may pass a rumour each night. To do this, each night you may choose 2 players. You will mysteriously obtain that night’s update PM that was received by the first player you PM’d me, and will send a copy of it - excluding any player names - to the second player you PM’d. You have to do this all quick though, so you won’t be able to actually see what you have sent. If you target any anti-town player, you will be unable to send information regarding the nightkill or other alignment-specific mechanics.
Give scattered's stuff to NP.
I also gave NP someone else's stuff last night, but he can say it after we all claim in case someone lied about it.

Not sure how good of an idea this is, but here we go.

bbninjas said:
You are scattered mind are are aligned with the innocents. You are the mighty Latios, constantly roaming the forums to check if there's any interesting posts/a new mafia game/any request to draw a cool Pokemon. All that- thanks to the free time you have working as a security guard, in which you don't have to do anything but occasionally checking the cameras . Sure, you could use that time to practice for your exams, but there is always tomorrow for that, right?

Sketch That! [Day Ability]
Your great drawings often begin as sketches, which may or may not become the final piece. Once during each day, you may post ##SKETCHTHAT: PLAYER in the thread, using that syntax, where “PLAYER” should be the name of a player. You’ll cover that player’s vote with sketches, causing it to not be counted in the final vote count. You cannot undo this action once posting it.

At this point, I think it'd be Mirdo, but just for the fact that they haven't said who they were yet. For all I know, this could be a completely different story once they claim.

Right now, without mirdo's claim, I'd likely say Cipher, due to the nature of his ability and its nonexistant use. However, this could change based off of when mirdo claims and if the evidence I passed to you matches up or indicates anything about Cipher or mirdo.

Right now, without mirdo's claim, I'd likely say Cipher, due to the nature of his ability and its nonexistant use. However, this could change based off of when mirdo claims and if the evidence I passed to you matches up or indicates anything about Cipher or mirdo.
Also leaning towards Cypher, because he never voted for Drac and mirdo did very early on.

Final Vote Count
Cypher - quaking [#133]

Self Voting - Cypher, Ninja Penguin, mirdo

"This is our last chance, right?"
"For what?"
"To save the 'Beach!"
"You mean, we have to find that final attacker? Today?"

Uncertainity was in the air as the remaining members discussed and accused offenders. Some were certain, according to their own journies of logic, but the nibbling feeling always remained. What if they were wrong? Only one member had enough confidence to cast a vote. Had he saved them from certain death? Or condemned them to peril? Only the lynch would show:

Cypher has been lynched. They were...
You are scattered mind are are aligned with the innocents. You are the mighty Latios, constantly roaming the forums to check if there's any interesting posts/a new mafia game/any request to draw a cool Pokemon. All that- thanks to the free time you have working as a security guard, in which you don't have to do anything but occasionally checking the cameras . Sure, you could use that time to practice for your exams, but there is always tomorrow for that, right?

Your great drawings often begin as sketches, which may or may not become the final piece. Once during each day, you may post ##SKETCHTHAT: PLAYER in the thread, using that syntax, where “PLAYER” should be the name of a player. You’ll cover that player’s vote with sketches, causing it to not be counted in the final vote count. You cannot undo this action once posting it.

Shapeshift [Active Ability]
Each night you may choose a player and shapeshift into that player’s role. You may use that player’s role as if it was your own for the following Night. Additionally, if any role-reading Abilities are used on you, they will read your role as the one you have shapeshifted into, instead of this one, and if you die, you will roleflip as that copied role. At the end of the following night, you will revert back to your normal role, unless you have use this Ability again during that night.

Suddenly, Cypher reverted back to his true form:
You are Jadethepokemontrainer and you are aligned with the attackers. You're the kindergarten gem and former leader of the Star Stones, Jade! Your good humored, optimistic, and try to be helpful to everyone you meet. You left the Star Stones to go on a Pokemon journey, and chose rowlet as your first partner. Now he's a Decidueye and an amazing partner. And that's how you ended up here!

Shapeshift [Active Ability]
Each night you may choose a player and shapeshift into that player’s role. You may use that player’s role as if it was your own for the following Night. Additionally, if any role-reading Abilities are used on you, they will read your role as the one you have shapeshifted into, instead of this one, and if you die, you will roleflip as that copied role. At the end of the following night, you will revert back to your normal role, unless you have use this Ability again during that night.

All the attackers had been eliminated! The relieved members who had survived to the end of the game were...
mirdo was:

Ninja Penguin was:
You are Gekki and are aligned with the innocents. You are very eager to lynch, and they will vote extremely quickly. If someone is close to being lynched, they will often change their vote to that person.

Peek [Active Ability]
Each night, you may choose one player and learn of their alignment.

There’s probably a catch.

Answers [Unlocked]
You are definitely not paranoid, insane or naive - your Peek Ability does exactly what it says it does! Perhaps there's something out of your control?

Quaking was:
You are DracLord and are aligned with the innocents. DracLord is a senior in the Mafia world but only by his length of time being involved, and not by his capabilities as a player, as based on a normal scale. He often will act on his own way using his questionable methods and ways.

Rumours [Active Ability]
You may pass a rumour each night. To do this, each night you may choose 2 players. You will mysteriously obtain that night’s update PM that was received by the first player you PM’d me, and will send a copy of it - excluding any player names - to the second player you PM’d. You have to do this all quick though, so you won’t be able to actually see what you have sent. If you target any anti-town player, you will be unable to send information regarding the nightkill or other alignment-specific mechanics.

Congratulations to the innocents! Thanks everyone for playing! ^.^

Links
Main Doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dCUb4nFD9u4BDfVRAFVo0PAzqi05JK1jIW8Eo6Lzjds/edit?usp=sharing
Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xGXtFxW3ZaEyQtznfz914ktAQbyKol1uUY1vcVUi4d8/edit?usp=sharing
Attackers' Chat: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/B9ZxJLPMPgd/
Dead Chat: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/kvrmVZTXMB7/

I probably won't be able to write up a postgame. However, what were people's thoughts on the game, especially the short deadlines? I found them to be fairly decent; ideally they'd be more voting by the end of the day and perhaps a bit more action, however that'd be expected while people get used to the lengths.

I probably won't be able to write up a postgame. However, what were people's thoughts on the game, especially the short deadlines? I found them to be fairly decent; ideally they'd be more voting by the end of the day and perhaps a bit more action, however that'd be expected while people get used to the lengths.

I find 24 hours quite too short with the day having only 1 phase per day. 48 hours would have been nice especially for people like me who live in different timezone than mos.

Unfortunately, 24 hours turned into more like 14 with nobody posting during the night (my time). That led to having to very rushed lynches, and made us scumhunt people off of only one post. That's really hard to get right.
I loved the mechanic and the roles, though. They were well designed and a fun way to spruce things up. Great job on those.

Also, big congrats goes to scattered for his great instincts in this scumhunt! You nailed the scum, which was very impressive.

Wow, good game! Can't wait for the next one (I'm going to change my playstyle a bit, try to be less vote-happy :p)

So the problem for me was that we were on our drive back from Bremen. What should`ve been a 5 Hour drive turned into 8 so i was both to tired and to late to act.
If i were to make it in time i could've counter claimed and possibly hammerd. But it wasn't to be.

But i liked it. The roles were interessting and the 24 Hour concept is nice. Sadly kinde hindered by the exsistence of timezones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back