• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Speed Giratina (Reshiram / Giratina EX / Shaymin EX)

Michael barragan

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 12
  • 4 Reshiram
  • 3 Giratina EX
  • 2 Shaymin EX
  • 2 Hydregion EX
  • 1 Hoopa EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 10 +
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 2 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Trainer's Mail
  • 4 Acro Bike
  • 3 Switch
  • 3 Skyfield
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 2 Energy Retrieval
  • 1 Professor's Letter
Energy: 12
  • 8 Fire Energy
  • 4 Double Dragon Energy
Strategy:

point of the deck is to first turn giratina to lock out of special energy and 2 shot non mega with 120
should slow down all meta decks
night march no DCE OHKO
vespiquen Variant no DCE OHKO
Mega Rayquaza no DCE cant hit for eff 2 shot with muscle band

thoughts suggestions

Last edited:
I'm not sure if you forgot or just didn't put, but blacksmith could be useful there I think. Also, Shaymin is a bit too frail, so I would consider trading one for a supporter.
Those fiery torch would be awesome if Toads didn't exist lol I would also consider taking them out for supporters, probably a couple more Birch and also battle compressor to throw fire energy and accelerate with blacksmith aforementioned

giratina ex is dragon there are no fire pokemon to take advantage of blacksmith maybe i could tech a charizard ex also i feel that this deck out speeds toad turn 1 and once oyu have a giratina setp up with no lasers they are hitting max 50 while we are hiting max 120 with free retreat and they cant attach dce so even if they scoop up they cant attach dce same turn which slows them down

Sorry, my mistake lol. Somehow I read Charizard instead of Hydreigon (really tired). Anyhow, I still think the fiery torches are not too useful :p

Trainer's Mail or Roller Skates could do you just fine. Fiery Torch isn't a bad card, but if Toad ever does item lock you, you don't want to be completely stuck on something you're super reliant on.

May sound weird, but you can always run a single Electric Energy for Dragonite-Ex and use it's Jet In ability. Another Option is Pyroar if you decide to wall evolution Pokémon.

Trainer's Mail or Roller Skates could do you just fine. Fiery Torch isn't a bad card, but if Toad ever does item lock you, you don't want to be completely stuck on something you're super reliant on.

May sound weird, but you can always run a single Electric Energy for Dragonite-Ex and use it's Jet In ability. Another Option is Pyroar if you decide to wall evolution Pokémon.
Roller Skates is too luck based. Acro Bike is more consistent. And Pyroar is damaged by Evolution. Its Ability only blocks damage from Basics.

Roller Skates is too l

Roller Skates is too luck based. Acro Bike is more consistent. And Pyroar is damaged by Evolution. Its Ability only blocks damage from Basics.

Totally whiffed the Pyroar, I even played it and I should of known that so thank you for correcting me. I can see where you're going with that too, I just felt that Acro Bike would make the deck discard to many cards that would be important

17-Pokemon
4 Reshiram
4 Unown
3 Giratina EX
3 Shaymin EX
2 Hydregion EX
1 Hoopa EX

Supporters-10
4 Sycamore
2 Shauna
2 Lysandre
1 Hex Maniac
1 Birch

Trainers-21
4 Ultra Ball
4 Fiery Torch
3 Switch
3 Skyfield
3 Vs. Seeker
3 Muscle Band
1 Scorched Earth

Energy-12
8 Fire energy
4 Double Dragon Energy

point of the deck is to first turn giratina to lock out of special energy and 2 shot non mega with 120
should slow down all meta decks
night march no DCE OHKO
vespiquen Variant no DCE OHKO
Mega Rayquaza no DCE cant hit for eff 2 shot with muscle band

thoughts suggestions
I would probably put in a 3rd or even 4th Hydreigon, since Giratina AND Hydreigon both have a retreat cost of 3. Probably get rid of all 4 fiery torch and take out scorched earth for a shadow circle. Then, I would drop the hex maniac, and also put in some prof's letters and energy retrievals (about 2 of each should be a good start). Might be nice to also have a repeat ball or two in there. And I would absolutely put in a 4th VS Seeker. I don't care if you only have 3 gold ones, you need 4 vs seeker in pretty much every deck this format. :)

I have a similar list to this, but instead of Skyfield, I use Faded Town since it makes winning against Mega Ray decks that much easier.

I also use AT Bunnelby to recycle DDE & Solrock (Primal Clash) to get DDE into my hand.

Totally whiffed the Pyroar, I even played it and I should of known that so thank you for correcting me. I can see where you're going with that too, I just felt that Acro Bike would make the deck discard to many cards that would be important
For a deck like this that shouldnt matter too much.

I have a similar list to this, but instead of Skyfield, I use Faded Town since it makes winning against Mega Ray decks that much easier.

I also use AT Bunnelby to recycle DDE & Solrock (Primal Clash) to get DDE into my hand.

Giratina EX doesnt care about Mega Ray effect stops it

I would probably put in a 3rd or even 4th Hydreigon, since Giratina AND Hydreigon both have a retreat cost of 3. Probably get rid of all 4 fiery torch and take out scorched earth for a shadow circle. Then, I would drop the hex maniac, and also put in some prof's letters and energy retrievals (about 2 of each should be a good start). Might be nice to also have a repeat ball or two in there. And I would absolutely put in a 4th VS Seeker. I don't care if you only have 3 gold ones, you need 4 vs seeker in pretty much every deck this format. :)

i think 4th Vs Seeker is a good strategy i play the random hex for Aegislash, and pyroar or vileplume i really only need it in some situations i can pitch it any other circumstance and pick it up with VS seeker if need be

The thing with using skyfield as your stadium vs a mega ray player is that when they use hex maniac, they will more than likely to ohko giratina rather than 2hko with a different stadium.

maybe another copy of prof letter. this can really help getting a double Reshiram, for a turn 1 attack with Giratina.

I'd run a copy of AZ, as it acts like a switch, otherwise a lysandre on your hoopa, can delay you, especially under item lock. Besides it allows for a shaymin replay.

The thing with using skyfield as your stadium vs a mega ray player is that when they use hex maniac, they will more than likely to ohko giratina rather than 2hko with a different stadium.

they would need to manually attach 3 or mega turbo energies because DCE cant be put down even with hex they cant DCE because thats an attack condition by that time i should be way ahead in theory to a mega ray and use hex maniac i use sky field to accelerate the reshirams and for the draws but maybe you are right any other suggestions and AZ is a really good idea

Back