Southern California Regionals (19-20 Jan 2013)

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
Saturday 19 January - TCG Regionals
Sunday 20 January - VGC Regionals

Kinda surprised there wasn't a thread about this yet.

Both the TCG and VGC Regionals will be held on the weekend of January 19th - Saturday will be TCG, and Sunday will be VGC, plus the TCG top-cut (so if you end up top-cutting in TCG, you won't be able to play in VGC unless you drop, but of course you wouldn't drop).

It'll be held on the Queen Mary, at the pier in Long Beach, California (about a half-hour from Los Angeles, and about two hours from San Diego). Sign-up and registration start early (as the links no doubt show you), so get there as quick as you can, because the tourneys are going to go on all day - lots of people (400+) are going to be there!

I shall be there staffing on both Saturday and Sunday - I'm a floating judge on Saturday (TCG), and I'll be judging in Seniors on Sunday (VGC). I find that both days will be particularly lol-worthy for me.

Who else plans to be there?

As I told you, I'll try to make it... More to come on this later.

@Meaty: Right. I'm aware of your situation. Hopefully I'll see you there. I probably won't be able to play a game, though, since I'll be on the clock...unless there's time after it's over and/or I'm reeeeeeeeeeeeeally lucky during lunch break.

@Keeper of Night: Are you sure?

I... hope to be there. I'd say about 70% chance as of now.

I like the events on the boat for a few reasons.
1: Boats are cool and there is always at least one stupid thing that happens on them. At States last year I saw a bird nesting in one of the boat's porthole windows.
2: I get to see DNA
3: They're always huge tournaments.
4: The boat is a nicer environment than the game shop I play in normally.

blargh257 said:

Oh don't remind me... I feel bad that you have to go to league there. It's always so stuffy. and crowded

Water Pokémon Master said:
I'll go if someone lends me a Blastoise/Keldeo deck. :p

Someone better get working on this... fast...

Ahh! I REALLY want to make it out to this. It all depends on my schedule that weekend. Does it end at a certain time? :0

Meaty said:
blargh257 said:

Oh don't remind me... I feel bad that you have to go to league there. It's always so stuffy. and crowded

Water Pokémon Master said:
I'll go if someone lends me a Blastoise/Keldeo deck. :p

Someone better get working on this... fast...

I don't go to league, I've been once. Castro is ok but Santa Clara is just an awful environment. It's like gaming in the back of a van.
But I still love it because it's a game shop that's close to me.

Rummage, if i can remember you are head judge i might shout HEY RUMMAGE during the player meeting or tell somebody to do it. I probably won't though, I'd be making a fool of myself.

And if people want WPM to play... I can give some stuff but somebody else has to give Catchers...

lol Blastoise. No surprises there :p
Don't forget to return the deck once you're done. If you can't find the guy, I could hold on to it as a middleman. I'm going to be there all night, and the labcoat will be hard to miss.

Yes, all of you feel free to bug me about whatever you want. Within reason, of course.

@Elite Stride: There's no set end time, but Swiss on Saturday ends at about 7pm or so - on Sunday, about 5. Nothing definite; I'm just making an estimate based on past years.

Already I am excited.

I'm going to be there... hopefully judging in the senior division. I hope to see you all there. :) I may or may not be bringing a "special friend" -- a former smod :) You'll simply have to wait and see :p

>_<

I thought this had a thread already; I even went looking for it! I can't believe I didn't find it...

So which thread are we using?
Anyway, Mom told me this morning I have roughly a 60% chance of going. Fingers crossed folks...

Just use this one for now; it's not worth it to bump the other one. I'll mark this as a mea culpa on my end.

Back