(Somewhat) Returning Player

Verbivore

is a Magikarp user
Okay, I haven't been gone that long. But basically when ND came out, I got a box, didn't get any Mewtwo, table flipped, etc. and basically left the TCG to sell it at a garage sale (and some cards on ebay). Long story short, I'm a little out of the meta.
So I have some questions:

1. Is Durant still mainstream or did Heatmor devastate it completely?
2. Which is the better card to get: Mewtwo or Darkrai? (EX of course)
3. I am pretty much dead set on Dark.dec, because I am a former ZPST player. (Yeah yeah, hate me now) Is there a better deck for cheaper? I am not running Durant because I think it's dead, nor do I have any cards for it or ZekEels or CMT.
4. Could anyone please PM me a Dark.dec list? (Don't just say yes, please PM it.)
5. Looking through the PB scans for DEX, a few cards that I haven't heard about struck me as having potential. They are: Empoleon, Espeon, and Raikou. Not so much Espeon. Also, I've heard a little (a long way back) about aerodactyl. Are these cards viable? (Others like Zoro are confirmed beasts.)

Hope this is the right area to post, and please help out a fellow player! :D

1. Remains to be seen. It wasn't ever that great of a play.
2. Mewtwo is more versatile. Darkrai is better in the specific decks it works in. After the SDs reveal themselves, Darkrai will probably end up being better. Interpret how you want.
3. Not really.
4. Not me.
5. Empoleon will be good next format, probably won't be great now considering even Magnezone is unplayable right now. Raikou is good but not great except in a select one deck which isn't mainstream. Espeon isn't that relevant to the meta, neither is Aerodactyl.

So yeah, the format is pretty open right now. Expect at least two secret decks to be revealed at Battle Roads, and possibly even more at Nationals. It's not a great idea to invest in any cards until the format defines itself more.

Thanks a bunch! Glad to hear that I can play a deck I want that can do well, and isn't too expensive. I suppose I was going to try for a very local BR on the 20th, but that's just shooting for the moon considering I don't have any DXP/DEX cards right now. I guess I'll just wait until after the BR's shake out, but I doubt I'll change my deck: I'm not very competitive, and I'm in seniors and I've never won a tournament. (One of the best seniors and the former best junior in the world is in my area... his name's Ian something or other)

Back