Something New... Crustle!!!

DeepSleepDarkrai

Aspiring Trainer
Ok so I was looking through the current format and found this gem.
85-crustle.jpg

Crustle paired with Blissey (Dark Explorers) and/or Serperoir (Black & White) can make for an interesting deck, throw in some potions and boom you have a pokemon that can't be KO'd by any meta deck currently used. Do you think this could work and what trainer line should be used.

has potential with lando and terrakion ex along with max potion and energy retrieval.

could be pared with lando ex, terrakion ex, max potion, and energy retrieval

If its ability can be abused well I can see it having some decent potential now. However, once Poison Hypnotic Beam comes out it'll be an easy way to get around Sturdy.

BobTheFlub said:
If its ability can be abused well I can see it having some decent potential now. However, once Poison Hypnotic Beam comes out it'll be an easy way to get around Sturdy.

This is where Serperior would be a good choice to negate the posion damage.

Mora said:
Maybe if it had a better attack. The Ability is nice, though.

The attack can OHKO a Darkrai, with heads of course. The idea behind the card isn't to OHKO every Pokemon, it's to make it like your opponent is hitting a brick wall, in other words you denie prizes and take prizes at your own pace.

Landorus EX, Crustle, Celebi EX. Drop a DCE onto Crustle, he can't be OHKO'd so he's at 90, boom, OHKO'd Darkrai using Flail. Max Potion, Gold Potion, or anything else that heals and repeat.

cuz y'know why target a 120 (or is it 110? I don't remember) hp EX when you can target a 100 hp non-EX that won't die and will kill you back?

^ Well, normal people wouldn't bench the Celebi EX until use.
lol I made a Crustle deck a while back with just 4-4 Crustle 1 Celebi and a bunch of troll cards and 4 DCE. MAd fun, definitely not competitive. Very easy to play around.

Crustle / Reuniclus / Gold Potion / Possible other Healing cards / Recycle

Not that competitive, but pretty fun and annoying for your opponent.

dmaster out.

DeepSleepDarkrai said:
Mora said:
Maybe if it had a better attack. The Ability is nice, though.

The attack can OHKO a Darkrai, with heads of course. The idea behind the card isn't to OHKO every Pokemon, it's to make it like your opponent is hitting a brick wall, in other words you denie prizes and take prizes at your own pace.

And it's not even the damage output I have issue with. It's the attack cost, too. I hope you weren't planning on Dark Patching to it (although, I suppose that's somewhat feasible with Energy Switch). I just don't think you can keep up with powering up Crustles. Gimmicks like Gold Potion only work once, so unless you can heal 70 damage per tun (more than two Potions), you're going to be KO'd. I don't think you can consistently do it.

DeepSleepDarkrai said:
Ok so I was looking through the current format and found this gem.
85-crustle.jpg

Crustle paired with Blissey (Dark Explorers) and/or Serperoir (Black & White) can make for an interesting deck, throw in some potions and boom you have a pokemon that can't be KO'd by any meta deck currently used. Do you think this could work and what trainer line should be used.

Been playing it with Reuniclus since, like, August. It is a blast, but rather a fickle one to build. Use Gold Potion. That extra Sturdy is awesome. Needs flip-tini, though.

Back