Some great Goods/Supporters comin' out!

Deep Balance

Experienced Member
What do you guys think about some of the new cards? such as:

~Pokemon Reversal (Flip a coin and switch the defending pokemon with a benched pokemon)

~Professor Oak's New Theory (Shuffle your hand and draw cards until you have 6 in your hand)

This set is a lot better than I thought it was once I overlooked some cards.

Bill isn't good because it's a supporter.

I don't know, I think The Reversal could overtake Luxray GL Lv. X.
I'm not too bad with flipping/getting lucky, so i'd use it.

I like the idea of Reversal, it'll see some play in decks that can zap the bench and use that to set up a double KO if they can get the flip.

I'm excited about Professor Elm's Theory coming out, especially cause I'm a fan of Stage 2 decks. That'll make things nasty.

Anyone see the new Weedle and Kakuna's coming out that are guaranteed evolutions? How's that for speedrill? That'll make things real nasty.

^I'd rather avoid donks and search Baltoy with the GE Weedle and the HP is crud on the new Weedle. The Kakuna depends on if you want better and a rare way around Fainting Spell or guaranteed evolution. I like the new one better because there's no flip.

Idk about the new cards, I don't really like flippy Reversals and would rather run Blowers or Luxray/Turn or whatever instead. Cynthia's seems better than Oak's most of the time but in a Tangrowth or something else that doesn't usually get KO'd I might consider the Oak. The new Pokemon searching Trainer is good. I'm not too much of a fan of Elm; I like Bebe's a lot more but I might run a single copy in select decks. That one Alph thing seems okay for Gengar but I'd rather run Looker for the draw/helping against luck/shuffling the opponent's low-trainer hand. Aside from that one Pokemon-searching Trainer and maybe the Supporter-searching one nothing really stuck out and event those weren't great. This set has a few good cards but nothing seems like it'll be amazing as a solo deck except Dobphan and maybe Feraligatr. It has a lot of cards to help current decks though.

pvtGramps said:
I like the idea of Reversal, it'll see some play in decks that can zap the bench and use that to set up a double KO if they can get the flip.

I like it already, it's a toned down Gust of Wind that helps If you're really good with coin flips. I find it funny in Shuppet Donk but why play it? It's a deck that's built as a double edged sword in a way.

pvtGramps said:
I'm excited about Professor Elm's Theory coming out, especially cause I'm a fan of Stage 2 decks. That'll make things nasty.

Why run Professor Elm's Training Method when Bebe's Search will still be Modified legal in the new rotation next year? If I recall it was reprinted in one of the Platinum expansions.

pvtGramps said:
Anyone see the new Weedle and Kakuna's coming out that are guaranteed evolutions? How's that for speedrill? That'll make things real nasty.

The new Weedle's and Kakuna's are nice but I don't know If it'll help Speedrill become the dominant force it was back in Worlds 2009. The meta has changed since then and Speedrill can be countered pretty easily these days, not to mention that Platinum: Arceus didn't help it much either.

XP Nobody loves me and my oldschool way of going about things.

The reason I like Elm's over Bebe's is because it doesn't cost the card from the hand to use. I'm usually good about hard drawing my basics, so being able to just grab like that and keep all the cards in my hand is pretty nice. At least, that's my opinion on it.

You're right too on the new guys. It's not as great as it seems, but still, it's one more edge that deck can pull out.

Pokemon Collector is nice. 3 Basics screams for SP decks, although Roseanne's is still great because you can go after that basic energy you needed.

Fisherman makes me want to try the Golem AR and just keep hitting for 120 damage each turn since DCE will be out.

It may not work though, more of a one time deal just for fun.

pvtGramps said:
XP Nobody loves me and my oldschool way of going about things.

The reason I like Elm's over Bebe's is because it doesn't cost the card from the hand to use. I'm usually good about hard drawing my basics, so being able to just grab like that and keep all the cards in my hand is pretty nice. At least, that's my opinion on it.

You're right too on the new guys. It's not as great as it seems, but still, it's one more edge that deck can pull out.

honestly, I like being able to put back a card...especially if it's a card that I don't need at that moment...helps to cut down on decks that discard cards from their opponent's hand, or decks that have attacks built around the amount of cards in hand

Yeah the card on top lets me make Poltergeist bad and helps with Flydeck and Cosmic Power as well. I rarely if basically ever have a situation where putting a card back is a negative thing unless I need to increase the chance I draw something on Cosmic Power.

Deep Balance said:
Yeah, overall, Bebe's will survive another day. Until Septembter at least :x

yea, I've always liked Bebe's since it came out...there are some nice TSS's coming (back) out...I dunno about Pokemon Reversal though, I've never been a fan of flippy cards, and never will be...I doubt it making too much of a replacement for Lux...maybe after Lux rotates out, but for now...I don't see it happening...the new Prof. Oak's card is ok, not a bad one at all...seems like a Cynthia's Feelings without needed a KO first

I love the goods and supporters, because they're good and because the goods have the sweetest art ever

Meh, Copycat owns those cards by far. And don't forget the Alph. Lithography which can shuffle your deck!

Back