• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Solgaleo/Lurantis Deck (My first)

Noah Bakker

Aspiring Trainer
Just to start off I dont really follow the competitive scene but I just recently made this deck and have had a lot of fun with it and would like people's thoughts

2 Solgaleo Lines
2 Lurantis Lines
2 Tauros GX
2 Espeon Gx lines

2 Crushing Hammer
2 Professor's Letter
3 Evosoda
2 Energy Recycler
3 Rare Candy
1 Trainer's Mail
2 Pokemon Center Lady
1 Brock's Grit
1 Wally
2 Lysandre
1 Prof Kukui
1 Skyla
2 N
2 Fighting Fury Belt
2 Float Stone

4 double colorless
4 Rainbow Energy
4 metal Energy
4 Psychic Energy

Thanks and have a nice day

You are going to want some more draw cards most likely. So far you only have 1 Kukui and 2 N. I'd recommend adding in some Professor Sycamore, Shauna, or Professor Birch, along with another N. Sycamore is typically considered better than Birch/Shauna in most decks, but discarding cards tends to feel bad for new players until you understand that the discard pile is just another place for certain types of cards to sit.

You will also want Ultra Ball, typically four of them.

If you have VS Seeker you'll want a full four of them. This also makes discarding supporters via Sycamore or Ultra Ball ok to do since you can reuse them with this card.

Drop float stone. They aren't needed since you have Solgaleo GX, or drop the Solgaleo line and keep the float stones. If you do that you would have space to increase the Lurantis or Espeon line also since you don't need rare candy. Running three types of Pokémon can make for a difficult time if you stall out on the wrong type of energy. I assume that's why you have the Rainbow energy, but if you focused on one or two types you might not need that as you could increase the count of normal energy.

I would also drop the 2 Pokémon Center Lady, or at least 1 if you can add in VS Seeker since you can reuse it if you REALLY need to.

-1 Energy recycler. Or drop two and add in 1 or two Super Rod, which doesn't get as many but can also get back Pokémon that you discarded or were KO.

That's just a couple things. Make some small changes and see what works for you. It's hard to say exactly how well the multiple Evolution lines will work.

Which Pokémon do you use as your main attacker? I feel like the Lurantis GX is the main one, but the lack of Grass energy leads me to think maybe it's the Espeon GX. Depending on your focus there might be some other recommendations others have.

lol that makes more sense! That makes Physic your main attackers I assume. I might consider increasing the [P] energy and dropping a couple [M] energy. With the Rainbow and Professor's letter you should be able to find the metal when you need it, but Lunala GX's ability only works with [P] so having more of that is helpful.

Definitely drop the Pokémon Center Lady and run Max Potion instead. You can use Lunala to move all [P] energy off of a damaged Pokémon then Max Potion for a full heal, and move it back to attack again. (Which is partly why more [P] energy would be much better than a mix)

Back