• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Solgaleo / Lunana / Wobb

killercactus

Aspiring Trainer
I've been messing with stuff that can beat Vileplume, and I really like this...

Cosmog x4
Cosmoem x2
Solgaleo GX x2
Lunala GX x2
Wobbufet x3
Oranguru x1
Shaymin EX x1

Sycamore x4
N x2
Kukui x1
Lysandre x2
Skyla x1

VS Seeker x4
Ultra Ball x4
Level Ball x1
Timer Ball x2
Trainers Mail x3
Rare Candy x3
Float Stone x2
Super Rod x1
Special Charge x1
Max Potion x2

Rainbow Energy x4
Metal x4
Psychic x4

I really like Floating Wobb, using Ultra Road to toss him into actice, playing all my items against Plume, and then retreating into my attacker. Been having good success so far with this. Any suggestions?

EDIT: sorry I don't have the set numbers - I'm new to the game and still figuring out what came from what...

Last edited:
Maybe 3 Solgaleo and 1 Lunala? It's nice they work off the same line, and use that line to your advantage to power up stuff on the bench and transfer it over to you benched Solgaleo? Max Elixir could work out for this. This deck still suffers the same problems as all Solgaleo decks though. It needs a solid single prize attacker so you're not tossing all your energy to kill one prizers with Solgaleo. And then there's the fire weakness T_T. You should probably run Weakness Policy.

EDIT: also I think Rainbow energy aren't gonna be worth the space here. I'd add 2 more metal and 2 more Psychic

Last edited:
In my plays so far I've found Lunala pretty effective as an attacker against non-EX's. Oranguru can swing as well in a pinch, but against non-ex I'm definitely powering up Lunala. I also like that Lunala OHKOs Mewtwo and Espeon GX. Wobb is also decent at cleaning up something that Lunala smacked.

Max Elixir scares me with only 4 basic Psychic energy, because Lunala can't move the Metals.

Weakness Policy would definitely help against Volcanion, though in that matchup I'm probably trying to use Lunar Fall GX instead of Sol Burst to knock out a big Volc quick and then 2HKOing with Lunala I guess... plus Wobb can try to mess with Steam Up

In my plays so far I've found Lunala pretty effective as an attacker against non-EX's. Oranguru can swing as well in a pinch, but against non-ex I'm definitely powering up Lunala. I also like that Lunala OHKOs Mewtwo and Espeon GX. Wobb is also decent at cleaning up something that Lunala smacked.

Max Elixir scares me with only 4 basic Psychic energy, because Lunala can't move the Metals.

Weakness Policy would definitely help against Volcanion, though in that matchup I'm probably trying to use Lunar Fall GX instead of Sol Burst to knock out a big Volc quick and then 2HKOing with Lunala I guess... plus Wobb can try to mess with Steam Up

Yeah I mention the Rainbow energy aren't doing a ton for me. I just forgot to save the edit... Oops!

Nothing attacking in here need anything besides Psychic or Metal... So I'm lost as to why you added it? Remnant of an old build?

Yeah I mention the Rainbow energy aren't doing a ton for me. I just forgot to save the edit... Oops!

Nothing attacking in here need anything besides Psychic or Metal... So I'm lost as to why you added it? Remnant of an old build?

I think the Rainbow energies make perfect sense with a Solgaleo/Lunala split. Lunala gets to move 8 energies and you still have 8 energies that Solgaleo can use to Sol Burst with as soon as possible. Better odds than running 6/6 where you have a higher chance of whiffing the early Metal energy and only get to move 6 Psychic around.

^^^this. Plus, you can attach Rainbows with Sol Burst GX without having to take the 10 damage, and Lunala can move them to Solgaleo if you need to re-power-up a Sunsteel Strike, since they count as Metal as well. I can't see running Sol / Lunala without them.

What about Oranguru? He's a bit awkward sometimes with Wobb, but I do appreciate the versatility of being an attacker and a support Pokemon in one...

Last edited:
Back