• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Solar Powered Fun (Solgaleo GX/Metagross GX)

ElementZero

Aspiring Trainer
Just something ive been playing with for fun. Pretty simple premise

Pokemon: 17
4x Metagross GX 85/145
2x Metang 84/145
4x Beldum 83/145
2x Solgaleo GX SM16
1x Cosmoem 65/149
2x Cosmog 64/149
1x Alolan Vulpix 21/145
1x Magearna EX 110/114

Trainers: 31
4x N
4x Professor Sycamore
4x Rare Candy
4x Ultra Ball
3x Choice Band
2x Heavy Ball
2x Max Potion
2x Field Blower
2x Guzma
1x Skyla
1x Pokemon Ranger
1x Brigette
1x Rescue Stretcher

Energy: 12
12x Steel Energy

Last edited:
Solg/Metagross is honestly not a very good archetype, you should focus on one or the other, and I think that Solg is the stronger deck atm despite being an avid metagross player. It will also get massive buffs in SM5. The main issue the deck has is consistency, without crazy evo acceleration like FOGP you just can't make a consistent/stable deck with multiple stage 2 lines.

I would drop the Metagross line and Vulpix and go 4-2-4 Solgaleo-GX, and include 1-2 Solgaleo-GRI and a few Rayquaza-GRI. Drop down to 8 metal and then add 3-4 DCE. Sol Burst into getting a Solgaelo set up, a second Solg with 2 energy (attach 1 and attack easily) and a Rayquaza with a DCE for recovery.

Your trainer lineup is pretty solid regardless, I'd probably ditch Ranger and Magearna though, there aren't that many effects to worry about these days.

Back