• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Slowking HGSS + Ursaring Prime=Disruption! (needs division in thread title)

Alexmon

Spinarak Bait
So, I remember messing around with Slowking HGSS's Power, which allows you to rearrange the opponents top cards. Then I saw Ursaring Prime. It Clicked.

Ursaring Primes attack Megaton Hammer states that you discard the top card on your opponents deck. So, the idea is to make them run dry of reasources by pounding them with Ursaring's Megaton Hammer. For instance, they need energy. It's apparent that they don't have any in their hand. You can blend them dry of energy by kicking out their energy the moment you see them. With Ursaring Prime's Berserk, Megaton Hammer is sitting at 90 dmg for 3 colorless, which can be gained within two turns (DCE + any energy).

All i'm looking for is some ideal techs, something that can look at your opponents hand, and some suitable counters.

Here is my decklist:

Redshark 4.00 Deck List
Date: Sun Jul 10 13:58:21 2011

Name: Carebear
Comments:

TOTAL CARDS: 60

POKEMON: 18
Stage 1: 7
3 : Slowking, GS-12
4 : Ursaring (Prime), UL-89
Basic: 11
4 : Smeargle, CL-21
4 : Teddiursa, CL-73
3 : Slowpoke, GS-81

TRAINERS: 26
Trainers: 11
4 : Pokemon Communication, GS-98
4 : Energy Exchanger, UD-73
3 : Junk Arm, TM-87
Supporters: 15
4 : Pokemon Collector, GS-97
4 : Professor Elm's Training Method, CL-82
3 : Team Rocket's Trickery, UD-78
4 : Professor Oak's New Theory, GS-101

ENERGY: 16
Special Energy: 8
4 : Double Colorless Energy, GS-103
4 : Rescue Energy, TM-90
Basic Energy: 8
8 : Water Energy, BW-109

I was thinking about placing Donphan to counter Donphan. Donphan gets taken out by the other Donphan and Ursaring revenge kills the opponents Donphan.

RE: Slowking HGSS + Ursaring Prime=Disruption!

Wevile seems like it would be a good addition, you could drop anything good they have in their hand to increase the disruption.

Mr Mime lets you look at your opponents hand, but they also get to look at yours.

If you stay on the psychic edge of things I can see reuniclus helping. You can keep that one damange counter on your ursaring allowing for max damage. Also, if you play seekers you can pile all extra damage on your mr mime and then seeker him up.

:">

Also, rescue energies will keep your ursarings coming back into your hand.

If you want to go a different direction, Shaymin and roserade can help. Poison or confuse them for extra damage and then move energies over to Ursaring for faster attacks.

One other idea is Emboar. He will attach fire energies to anything. The hardest thing with Ursaring is Powering him up fast enough.

You could use the Ninetales Typhlosion engine. Use Typhlosion for energy exceleration, and to put the damage counter to make Ursarings attack do 90.

I have built and made a consistent list of CareBear.
It is good, but Ursy gets 1hko by EVERYTHING.

You know it's a great name ;)

You put care into what the bear discards.

Party Face, that's the deck Ursaring works in.

It's a disruption based deck, with 3-3 Slowking and 4-4 Weavile. It also runs 4 Judges and 4 Team Rocket's Trickery.

The basic strategy is to discard all of your opponent's key cards. You might not be able to do much, but who cares if they can't grab their Magnezone. Weavile looks at your opponent's hand, and discards them. You've already stated the synergy between Ursaring and Slowking.

Give it a try. While it may not seem like a competitive deck, I strongly think it has a chance, and all the cards in it are cheap.

Im curious to know why no one has mentioned a Smeargle for a starter with this deck? Set it up active turn 1, look at your opponent's hand and use their trainers. Not completely disruptive on it's own but still a viable card to use in this situation.

Bippa201 said:
It's a disruption based deck, with 3-3 Slowking and 4-4 Weavile. It also runs 4 Judges and 4 Team Rocket's Trickery.

I thought it was only 2-2 Slowking? You'd never really need more than 2 out at a time, and usually 3 is way too many... not enough room to set up extra Ursaring and Weavile.

And as for the Judges and TRT, Judge is a dead draw mid-to-late-game, since you'll have your opponent pretty much locked (and don't want to give him the chance of drawing into some helpful cards). And TRT really doesn't help enough to justify running it. It really only helps early-game, and late-game, when your opponent's locked, it doesn't do a whole lot besides gain you 2 cards (which really isn't that great).

Bippa201 said:
Give it a try. While it may not seem like a competitive deck, I strongly think it has a chance, and all the cards in it are cheap.
Hey, Ambipom/Weavile/Slowking placed 6th at Canada's Nats, so darn right it has a chance. Different deck, but same overall idea, and not much worse (although I do favor Ambipom's superior locking ability).

As for Smeargle, there's just not enough space/time. You'd be better off using your own Supporters and not having to Switch/Retreat the Smeargle.

Scizorlicious, the point of the deck is to cause a drought of important reasources, like discarding a large abundance of important pokemon/giving an energy drought (my fav way to play).

Yeah, I understand that. The main point of the deck is to lock your opponent. It's a locking deck. Where did I say anything to the contrary?

The Nintales/Typhlosion engine is probably the best to make this deck work, but it won't be very consistent early game. The main problem for me is that discarding one card out a possible three you see is not that great. YOur opponent will be able to set up despite the one card loss. Adding Weavile from UD could change that, leaving them with nothing in their hand or deck, but that adds to the consistency problem.

^I think with this deck, the point would be to go after something specific, like Pokémon or Energy. Once you eliminate his energy, your opponent is done. Or his Pokémon, same thing. Or maybe his searching T/S would be easy to eliminate.

I was just thinking about ways to speed up this deck considerably. I got nothing. Anyone have ideas?

Sorry to maybe off topic but the deck you were talking about (weavile/ambipom/slowking) how does that work? Because surely you control their top decks, discard a card with weavile and then shuffle 2 cards in. Well then the top deck control is lost as they shuffled the deck? Or is the deck meant to make the hand size tiny and then control top decks? Another thing I was thinking is what about Persian (HGSS 27) it can discard up to 3 cards from your opponents hand for 1 energy. Thoughts?

The idea of that deck is to make the hand size so small that it consists of only 1 card that you can control via top decks.

Persian+Victini=Not actually a bad idea. The only problem is coin flips.

EDIT: About %9 chance that you'll get all tails with the Victini included.

Here are the problems I see:
Low HP
x2 Weak to Donphan

As for Magmortar, I think an attacking backup would be better, the best thing you could ask for is something to counter Phan.
Idk. Maybe you could make it work.

POKEMON: 24
2 : Slowking
4 : Ursaring (Prime)
4 : Weavile
4 : Sneasel
4 : Teddiursa
2 : Slowpoke
2 : Tornadus
1 : Tyrogue
1 : Cleffa

TRAINERS: 22
4 : Pokemon Communication, GS-98
3 : Dual Ball
3 : Pokemon Collector, GS-97
4 : Seeker
3 : Professor Juniper
4 : Professor Oak's New Theory, GS-101
1 : Switch

ENERGY: 14
4 : Double Colorless Energy, GS-103
4 : Rainbow Energy
4 : Special Dark
2 : Rescue

Being a fellow lock player, I decided to fix your decklist up. The first thing I noticed in the Pokemon line was a lack of Weavile, the use of Smeargle, and your Slowking line. First of all, Smeargle isn't a good starter whatsoever unless you are running switch in heavy counts (4 switch w/ junk arm) and if you are playing a disruption deck, there should be nothing for them to work with in there hand, so you wouldn't need to use Smeargle. Slowking only needs to be a 2-2 line, a 3-3 is overkill. You only need 1 Slowking out at a time and a 2-2 is so that it isn't prized, 3-3 is absolute overkill. I added Weavile to make sure that you disrupt the hand heavily too. Tornadus is for Donphan and is a perfect fit for this deck due to the use of DCE. Cleffa is for setting up if needed, and Tyrogue is for cheap kills...xD!!

Now while the trainer line looks...well...bare...but it's not. You're LOCKING the opponent, they're going to have absolutely nothing to work with at all, so you just need the bare minimum really. 3/3 Collector/Dual Ball split is the best out there, because you really don't need to use Collector after turn 1-3, so they just become dead supporters when you'd rather be using draw and refresh cards such as Juniper and PONT. Now, you're wondering "Why no SSU/Judge/TRT", but there is a fine reason why you don't need it. You're locking the topdecks of your opponent, so after you trash there hand with Weavile, there really isn't a need to go for more hand disruption anymore. You play Seeker in order to get the emergency discard if it is needed, but it really shouldn't be. With TRT, you have Weavile discarding for you, and it really does nothing when your opponent discards a bad card and you only get to draw 2. There is much better draw out there to be played, and this is just a waste of space in the deck. As for Judge, you are actually helping the opponent if you use judge. By using Judge, you are giving them four new cards. Four cards that might be able to get them out of the disruption and the lock and they will procede to make it tougher for you to lock them along with beating down your Pokemon to a pulp... Also, you hurt your hand as well, making Judge a card that really isn't good in your deck.

As for the energies, it's really simple. DCE is a must, as is Rainbow to get the single damage counter on Ursaring in order for you to Hammer Arm for 80. Why you weren't using it before IDK, but it is needed. Sp. Dark is for Weavile, who can be a great attacker along with Sneasel. Weavile is able to snipe off babies along with being able to hit through sweet sleeping face, while Sneasel isn't that bad if you can flip/roll heads like a pro. Two rescue is in there just because it helps with recovery, though 4 is overkill. No basic energies either because you aren't playing any search, though you can drop the 2 rescue for 2 basic darks is you don't want that autoloss to Scizor.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, ashtonio. Always nice to get advice from a pro.

Back