• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Slow Death by Ice and Fairies? (Kyurem / Frolass / Florges)

DragonFlames

Aspiring Trainer
Hi guys! I'm DragonFlames (well, for this forum anyways) and I'm a huge fan of the Pokémon TCG ever since it first came out in my region. I collect the cards rather than going to regional tournaments, but I have fun playing the game with my friends and family (especially my dad, who is also, through me, a huge Pokémon fan) and I wanted to share with you guys a deck that the two of us put together for fun use. I know, it isn't competitive since it uses cards from all over the various sets and formats, so I'm sorry to be a bother, but maybe, you guys have some suggestions on how to make the deck better/more effective. Thanks in advance. And I'm quite new at this, so please don't be mad if I don't know the abbreviations for every single set.

Pokémon: (20)
  • 2 Kyurem NVI (#34)
  • 1 Crobat PHF (#33)
  • 2 Gobat PHF (#32)
  • 3 Zubat PHF (#31)
  • 1 Florges FLF (#66)
  • 2 Floette FLF (#65)
  • 3 Flabébé FLF (#62)
  • 2 Froslass PLB (#23)
  • 2 Snorunt PLB (#21)
  • 2 Articuno ROS (#16)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: (16)
  • 2 Shauna
  • 2 Skyla
  • 2 Potion
  • 2 Broken Time Space
  • 2 Revive
  • 2 Professor Elm's Training Method
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 2 Pokémon Fan Club
Energy: (24)
  • 15 Water Energy
  • 5 Fairy Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy

Strategy:

This deck's way to go is to spread damage all over the opponent's bench and then use one of the two big attackers (that being Kyurem and/or Articuno) to finish off the rest. I kept the deck EX-free on purpose, because me and my friends had an agreement to only use decks that didn't have Pokémon-EX in them. For that single reason, this deck isn't competitive at all... well, that and because the cards used in it are no longer in the current format, apparently.

In detail, Broken Time Space is a necessity, because this way, you can get out your evolution lines fairly quickly, especially in combination with Professor Elm's Training Method, which will allow Florges, Crobat and Froslass to enter the field very quickly, since they do the main bulk in this deck with their bench-targeting attacks Petal Blizzard, Skill Dive and Blizzard respectively.
Pokémon Fan Club is used to get out Articuno and Kyurem, who will clean the field later on with a Muscle Band for each of them, although Kyurem with Muscle Band is already deadly enough on its own, because it does 50 damage to every Pokémon on the opponent's side of the field for only 3 Energy with Glaciate. This attack is there to weaken the opponent's Pokémon and taking out already weakened ones, even allowing for several prize cards if some of the Pokémon were previously weakened from repeated Surprise Bite, Sneaky Bite or Petal Blizzard hits.
Revive is here to revive (duh!) K.O.ed Pokémon that you might still need, but it can be replaced with Pokémon Center Lady from Flashfire to provide additional healing for your Pokémon, as do Potion and Flabébé, the latter of which can heal 10 damage from all of your Pokémon for just one Energy card, which doesn't seem much, but 10 damage can make a difference between life and death.
If Florges has done its job and/or it is about to get KOed, you can then use its first attack to search your deck for three cards of your choice, which is really good, because you can get out Kyurem if you haven't already, stock up on Energy or Trainer cards or even get out additional Kyurem or Articuno in case your first one also faces doom (which can be the case with Kyurem especially, since it relies on getting damaged for its Outrage to really pack a punch).

Shauna is there to renew your hand without having to sacrifice cards like you would have with the two infamous Professors and Skyla lets you search the Trainer cards necessary to pull off this strategy. Articuno has one other advantage which is used when Energy somehow doesn't appear: It can provide new Energy with its Find Ice attack to power up Freezing Wing.

I know that this deck isn't one you see everyday, but I still would like to hear an expert's opinion on it and maybe suggestions on how to make it more effective. Thank you guys in advance! :)

Edit: Also a big thank you to the kind person who edited this with the proper abbreviations and terminology! Thanks for taking your time and I promise I'll study up on the proper terminology.

Last edited:
Back