• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Sleep Time with Darkrai (Darkrai EX / Malamar EX / Yveltal)

Qtmcgoo

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon: 16
  • 3 Darkrai EX (BreakPoint)
  • 3 Yveltal (XY)
  • 2 Zoura (BT)
  • 2 Zoroark (BT)
  • 2 Drowzee (BP)
  • 2 Hypno (BP)
  • 2 Shaymin EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 33
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Professor Birch's Observations/Shauna
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 AZ
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 3 Fighting Fury Belt/Muscle Band
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 2 Battle Compressor
  • 2 Startling Megaphone
  • 2 Reverse Valley/All-Night Party
Energy: 11
  • 7 Dark Energy
  • 4 Double Colourless
Strategy:

Basically you're wanting to get Darkrai EX set up. It's amazing because you have the option to use either of it's attacks. Mal makes his second attack extremely strong. You may have noticed this is for standard, for expanded I'd take out Energy Switch and Mal for Lasers. Zoroark is in there for the stand in. I know energy switch isn't very popular but I think in here it works. Place the energy on Mal and switch it over to someone else to start setting them up. Having all 7 Dark energy on the board means you'll be doing 160 with Darkai and 180 with Muscle band. Also if Mal does have to attack it has an alright attack.

Last edited:
Hi Qtmcgoo,

Nice deck idea. The deck has less cards than listed in the subheaders. It has a total of 13 Pokémon instead of 15 and only 11 energy cards instead of 13. This means that four slots remain to be filled in addition to some modifications.

- 4 open slots that need to be filled anyway
- 2 Parallel City (does not help the deck that much)
- 3 Muscle Band (since the deck focuses on Basic Pokémon Fighting Fury Belt would be better)

+ 1 Faded Town / Shadow Circle (an alternate counter stadium: personal preference on which one to choose)
+ 1 Yveltal XY1 (still a decent attacker to start with since Darkrai Ex needs three turns power up)
+ 2 Reverse Valley (ten extra damage from all Darkness Pokémon is too good to pass on)
+ 3 Fighting Fury Belt (since the deck focuses on Basics and also runs Reverse Valley)
+ 1 Startling Megaphone (good to have with the new tools around)
+ 1 Super Rod (recover lost Pokémon and energy)

Hope this provides some initial assistance.

It could also be considered to use Hypno from BreakPoint (Good Night Baby ;) ) instead of Malamar, since he would not need the energy per turn to put your opponent to sleep and you can easily stand in with zoroark to wake your self up.
-3 Energy Switch
-1 Malamar (maybe you could use 1 anyway)

+2 Drowzee
+2 Hypno(BreakPoint)

Dark Espeon, thanks! I did it late last night and wasn't paying attention xD. I did make some changes after looking at your suggestions let me know what you think.
Yumikora, I do like your idea, but I feel it would be just to much set up as I'd need both evo lines and a float stone and the energy on darkrai.

So I have made a few changes. Malamar is GONE! Yumikora was right, Hypno is way better! I also added a second mega phone to get rid of items from Garb and other Fighting Fury Belts to OTK pokemon. My only real threats are Lucario and the new Garchomp. Lucario I can OTK if I can get off the sleep and he doesnt have a belt (Cough Mega Phone Cough). Night party is so I dont need Zoroark every time. I might end up teching one in not sure yet. Other than that those are the changes let me know what you think!

Back