Slaying the Dark Dragon — Countering Charizard ex’s Dominance

PMJ

Silhouette Gloom of the Sundown Lands
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Hey everyone! It’s Charlie and I’m happy to be back with another article. I recently competed in the Orlando Regional Championships, where I played an Ancient Box list inspired by the list in my last article focused on Roaring Moon and Koraidon. It was only one card different from Jake Ewart’s 2nd place list (I included three Ultra Ball instead of the Lost Vacuum) and felt quite strong and powerful throughout the tournament. However, we saw Liam Halliburton take Jake down in the finals with a...

Continue reading...

for like a split second i thought this was an announcement saying “slaying the dark dragon” was gonna be the name of our next set and i was gonna be so annoyed 😂😂

And the spotlight card for the sets ability would just be "All Charizard exs in play have no ability"
But I have a question for you to consider. I already know the answer, as a professor, but does putting the charizard on you bench, do you use the ability BEFORE it comes into play?

Pidgeot control is the truly best Charizard slayer :p They just cannot get past a combination of Mimikyu and Klawf-ex combined with disruption discarding their rods, candies, etc. to accelerate the process. Unless they play different, specific cards, like Hand Clippers or maybe Regieleki to recover resources.

When you look at it, lost tina is really the only other deck that can even compare to charizard in terms of stats and consistency in this format, but even it’s insane comfey engine can’t compete with pidgeot and bibarel charizard always seems to be able to stay consistent every single turn.

As someone who has clicked the "PokemonBeach Premium Membership!" link at least 2 dozens times, would you kindly elaborate on it in the next PokeBeach podcast (or maybe an article)!

Thanks!!!!

Back