• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Sinister Friends (Golisopod GX / Weavile / Tapu Koko)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
SINISTER FRIENDS

Pokémon (18):

• 4 Golisopod GX (beatdown)
  • 4 Wimpod (evolutions)
  • 2 Tapu Lele GX (setup)
  • 3 Weavile (beatdown)
  • 3 Sneasel (evolution)
  • 2 Tapu Koko (snipe)
Trainer (30):
  • 4 Professor Sycamore (draw)
  • 1 Bridgette (search)
  • 3 Guzma (control)
  • 1 Acerola (heal)
  • 2 Lillie (draw)
  • 4 N (draw)
  • 1 Rescue Stretcher (retrieval)
  • 4 Choice Band (beatdown)
  • 4 Escape Rope (control)
  • 2 Field Blower (discard)
  • 4 Ultra Ball (search)
Energy (12):
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 8 Grass Energy

STRATEGY:

Start with any Basic Pokémon other than Tapu Lele GX and use Bridgette to set up. Start to evolve Sneasel and Wimpod next turn. Switch between two Golisopod GX and use Weavile and Tapu Koko to hit the bench. Since most decks run several Pokémon with abilities Weavile can be a decent secondary attacker and allows Golisopod GX to hit critical numbers.

Last edited:
Im working on this deck..id add a 3rd lele and 3rd guzma and add in a rescue stretcher. Id take out 2 lillie and an escape rope

Hi Alphahitman4,

Thanks for the review. Will consider to switch one Acerola for a third Guzma since that would fit me a little better. I would like to retain Lillie since the deck needs ten draw supporters to be stable. Personally I am not a fan of a third Tapu Lele GX in decks other than Garbodor since I rarely use them to attack and this deck tends to have a full bench real fast. I switched Super Rod with Rescue stretcher as suggested. Not sure whehter a second one is indeed needed since I did not test this variant that much. I feel that a total of eight switch cards is alrealy on the lower end. My other four Golisopod variant tend to run between ten to eleven switch effects to stabilize the deck and allow me to have varied options. I figured that eight could be sufficient since Weavile is another free retreater but I hesitate to go lower than that. What are your experiences?

Back