single card for xmas

camerupt59

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guys every year I ask my parents for a single pokemon card from the tcg. Its never an Ex or lvlx and its never a common card. This year
i cant decide which single card i should ask for could you guys give me some ideas thanks![/color]

I'd want something with a bit more feeling behind it...A Mudkip/Ralts plushie, for instance. xD
Anyway, I'd go for one of these cards for a good amount of win
-Gallade SW
-Weavile SW
-Rare Candy (it's still uber awesome)
-Windstorm (for an uncommon, this one's uberrare)

Im more interested in geting a single pokemon than a good trainer card or stadium card but the weavile is a good card and ill look into the gallade. thanks for the ideas!

what is the price range you and your parents agreed to ? if you are asking us then that means you dont really care about getting a specific card , is that right? if the card of choice is never a ex , a lv.x , or a common then i assume its either a rare or a rare holo which could range from $2 all the way up to $20 depending on where you get it , right. so lets say the most your parent will waste is $20 and you arent looking for a specific card , so why not choose a lv.x tin for around $15 instead. you could probably pull some good cards from the boosters inside and get a free bonus lv.x promo to cheer you up if you dont. its a win-win situation . out of so many card choices i know its impossible to choose , so why not let the boosters do the choosing for you ! thats what im going to do. but of course if you cant do that or if you dont want to do that then i would probably have to agree with what everyone else is saying . if i was in your situation though , i would definitely try to get a time-space distortion . its not a common, not a ex, or a lv.x .

Yes time space distortion is a very good card but on the website that has the cheapest pokemon cards its 42.oo bucks. Yes my parents limeted me to $20 bucks
Yes time space distortion is a very good card but on the website that has the cheapest pokemon cards(take my word for it ) its 42.oo bucks. Yes my parents limeted me to $20 bucks

I know , its expensive as hell but all I know is that every person wants it including me. Ive been buying boosters like crazy this last week trying to get one and still havent pulled one . Ok , I did kind of exaggerate , I only bought a tin (w/4 booster) plus two extra single boosters for a total of six boosters which in my case is a lot in a week. I usually only get about 1 booster a week because my parent hate it when I "TROW AWAY" my money (or shall I say theirs) on pieces of cardboard . I hate it , They always start doing these annoying faces that always makes me feel guilty . But yeah , instead of pulling a time-space distortion I pulled 2 lv.xs and 2 rare holos . That with the tin promo was 3 lv.xs and 2 holos for only about $23 dollars . Oh , and have you already decided on what card you want . I dont know why but I still say you should get a tin instead of a single . You will be guaranteed a holo and the possibility of 8 extra rare holos if every reverse is a rare (highly unlikely though ). Good luck deciding .

p.s have you thought about charizard or blastoise sw, they are highly collectable a also pretty cool but dont know much about there playability though

get the tin.... the guy up there is right....^^^^

you get a nice lv x and you get 4 packs that can be anything....
best deal possible....

i get mine for $12 so i have bought like 10 of them
( i waste a lot of money i know)
and almost of all them have brought good cards , the lv x is just an extra.....

increpar said:
get the tin.... the guy up there is right....^^^^

you get a nice lv x and you get 4 packs that can be anything....
best deal possible....

i get mine for $12 so i have bought like 10 of them
( i waste a lot of money i know)
and almost of all them have brought good cards , the lv x is just an extra.....

i could tell by your pic that you love those tins! by the way,where do you get those tins. $12 is pertty good for a tin , i get mine for $15+tax , and all i know is that i want another tin . oh and how many lv.xs do you have anyway. there is definitely alot on that pic.

i have 25 lv x

x2 honchcrow
x1 gardevoir
x2 lucario
x3 magmortar
x2 Electevire
x2 Time space
x7 empoleon x4 tin
x4 infernape x2 tin
x4 torterra x3 tin

get the tin... ive gotten 2 extra lv x in them

increpar said:
i have 25 lv x

x2 honchcrow
x1 gardevoir
x2 lucario
x3 magmortar
x2 Electevire
x2 Time space
x7 empoleon x4 tin
x4 infernape x2 tin
x4 torterra x3 tin

get the tin... ive gotten 2 extra lv x in them

wow, thats alot , i only have pulled 4 from about a total of 35 boosters and the other 3 i have are promos from the tins. im thinking of just getting one more tin so that i can have all the tin promos and then will probably try to focus on saving money for games for my ps3 and wii and also so that i can buy a wall mount for my 42' hdtv. wish me luck! i just hope i can pull a tsd and/or magmortar lv.x.

***** oh and by the way , i waste alot of money on junk too , but im not rich though, its called saving . 4 years of careful spending, saving, and temptation to be exact!

Yes i originally thought that i should get the blastoise and chaizard from sw but instead
i decided to get the lavaflow sw theme deck. i origanally thought that it was based around charizard(noone told me it was based around magmortar and venesaur!)and you get alot of fire and grass energies i need them so thats what i decided on the lavaflow theme deck what do you think
P.s. i thought about the torterra lv x tin but my bro wants that

thats alright but yeah , i personally perfer boosters and tins. but of course they usually dont include energies in them so i think that your choice actually suites you. but of course the question now is if you actually negotated enough. a theme deck is only about $10-13 so if you you had a $20 max limit , then you probaly still should have had a remaining $7-10 which could have gone towards extra boosters! of course that depends if the case is that you were only allowed to get one item.

Well i would maybe ask for another booster but i have 2 brothers and a sister and im not going to force my parents to get me more cards when they need items to you know.besides im content with
my decision

Tins are good, you get more cards...and I suggest the Gallade or Honchkrow. Those things are trade bait right now.

true these sw decks are great their both actually good,

ps3, nice

i was actually addicted to video games before.... now i only have a xbox 360, but i dont have an hdtv, nice.... 360 is better tho... lol just playing.... ithink it has better games right noe but i dont even play it......

good luck with the cards......

Back