• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Silvally Memory Box (NOTE: Decklist Changed TWICE!)

The fox is also standard, just saying.
I would maybe add more draw support, however I get what you are doing with volkner.

Pal pad is kinda useless because you have no need to shuffle supporters back into your deck, other than guzma.

I also think you should throw in that magneara stated somewhere above, because its pretty good to return your unnecessary tools into your hand and slap on a dumbells or something.

I think some Acerola could be good, because you can return a badly damaged sivally into your hand,and prevent them from getting the knockout.

Maybe one xurkitree could be good, just for stall against zoroark(not that you don't beat it anyway) or anything that runs DCE as the only energy. Also the GX attack is pretty good(bye bye, DCE).

If you have one, you could maybe put in a Lele, just so you can use sivally's attack and have something to sweep with later.

I find 5 electric energy to be a bit too little, maybe run a couple more.

Those are my thoughts (hope I didn't offend anyone)!

Yeah, PMJ seems like a meanie all of a sudden...
Oh well, PMJ will be PMJ.

I cut down on what I consider to be quite a few of my supporters:
-1 Guzma
-1 Volkner
-1 Sycamore
Pal Pad was included for that reason, but 2 may be a little much. Help with my Pal Pad numbers would be greatly appreciated.

Magearna is actually a viable option at this point. I actually plan to tech that in, maybe for one of my 2 Pal Pads. Please, general public, tell me what to do there, too.

Acerola is good, but I plan to shape this list to be more consistent than favoring not-necessary techs like Acerola.

Fighting Memory basically makes the Zoroark GX extinct, so I'm not worried about them.

Lele could be nice, but as I'm building this deck to be consistent, I plan on playing large numbers on most of my cards, meaning Lele doesn't get a spot. Hah, taking out Lele because its not consistent enough... where am I, the Distortion World?

I actually find 5 to be a PERFECT amount. No matter what anyone says, 5 is wha I'm sticking to.

Thanks a bunch, it helps a bunch.

The whole thing with PMJ was an unnessecary two year old drama, that whatsoever should not have happened, but these in my humble opinion are good additions, personally I believe Lele isn't nessecary still, but.

Seriously somebody test this deck, I want to know (without) Lele if this is good.

Your wish shall be granted. My league is on Friday.

WHATEVER IT TAKES, MEN, WHATEVER IT TAKES.
I seriously like how you're working tirelessly to try and test this.

ALSO:
I'm swapping the second Pal Pad for an ULP Magearna.
(I also realized I was 1 card over 60, so I took out a Sycamore.)

Hey guys, I just wanted to remind everyone that the Deck Garage is designed so that all players can post and receive constructive feedback on their decks.

I get it that it's not always fun to play what everyone else thinks you should play. It's great to be creative when it comes to deckbuilding, and I love when people use new or discarded ideas to find a new strategy. I've even brought stuff as crazy as Dragonite-EX FFI to a National Championships before.

Yet, we need to keep in mind that others can have their thoughts about a deck as well. Even if what they think doesn't correspond with your ideas, they are still allowed to share their thoughts for others to read and evaluate.

Everyone should feel welcome to post their input on a deck - that's what allows it to grow, after all! Rejecting people's ideas and then shaming them won't get you any friends, and it certainly won't get your deck anywhere either. But if you insist on giving people flack about their deck ideas, you might want to try a rowdy Facebook group rather than a public forum.

Also, I noticed a large amount of posts that were completely unrelated to the topic at hand and have deleted them. Please limit your trade business and other non-deck-building-conversations to group messages.

Aaaaaaand the conversation went into the trash.

Sealiously though, Have any of you guys found anything interesting? If so, let minnow.

Hey guys, I just wanted to remind everyone that the Deck Garage is designed so that all players can post and receive constructive feedback on their decks.

I get it that it's not always fun to play what everyone else thinks you should play. It's great to be creative when it comes to deckbuilding, and I love when people use new or discarded ideas to find a new strategy. I've even brought stuff as crazy as Dragonite-EX FFI to a National Championships before.

Yet, we need to keep in mind that others can have their thoughts about a deck as well. Even if what they think doesn't correspond with your ideas, they are still allowed to share their thoughts for others to read and evaluate.

Everyone should feel welcome to post their input on a deck - that's what allows it to grow, after all! Rejecting people's ideas and then shaming them won't get you any friends, and it certainly won't get your deck anywhere either. But if you insist on giving people flack about their deck ideas, you might want to try a rowdy Facebook group rather than a public forum.

Also, I noticed a large amount of posts that were completely unrelated to the topic at hand and have deleted them. Please limit your trade business and other non-deck-building-conversations to group messages.
The forum mod has spoken.
Thanks, actually, I was worried about this getting out of hand.

Hey Mister Goomy, which Type: Null are you using? Some might prefer one over the other, but I'd like to know which way you lean.

I highly advise Lele in a deck where you want to get the most mileage of having as many T2 Silvally and Zoroark as possible. Lele-ing into Brigette is a hallmark of consistency within this format as of right now, so finding space for at least two would be optimal. Brigette will also grab Magearna, as you're going to want to be able to pivot between Pokémon you're up against. (Say you're attacking into Golisopod...now you wanna swing into a Zoroark. Magearna will be good to have pretty early.)

In terms of what to remove...where do I start. You've got a lot of fat in this deck that we can trim. Rotom Dex is an AWFUL card and you'd be better off running a copy of Gladion if you were afraid of...something (I'm not really sure what you're afraid of getting Prized) getting lost to the Prizes. Regardless, that's three open slots right there. Two Special Charge is overkill. I don't even think it belongs in the deck. That's five slots now. I question the need for three Volkner...heck, I question one at all. The benefit of this guy nets you a guaranteed Lightning Energy, but when you're in a pinch, I'd be happier to see a copy of Brigette or Cynthia in my opening hand than an underwhelming Volkner. I'd cut at least two of em.

So that's seven slots. Maybe eight. And I haven't questioned the Dumbbells (I understand you're trying to make this a tanky build but...if you Magearna them back you lose the 40 HP you'd gain so I'm just confused. I'd rather have Bands) or the Memory counts or the 4-4 Silvally line.

I'm thinking you could gear this towards a Puzzle build, where you'd have more flexibility with your Memory if they get Blower'd or snag those precious DCE back. Add four of those, add two Lele, and for the last card, I'm thinking an extra Sycamore or Cynthia.

Hope that helps.

Pokémon (15)
4 Type: Null (3 CRI/1 ULP)
4 Silvally-GX
2 Zorua SHL
2 Zoroark-GX
1 Magearna ULP
2 Tapu Lele-GX

Supporters (14)
3 Professor Sycamore
3 N
3 Cynthia
3 Guzma
2 Volkner
1 Brigette

Items (21)
4 Ultra Ball
2 Special Charge
1 Rescue Stretcher
1 Nest Ball
1 Evo Soda
1 Pal Pad
1 Field Blower
2 Energy Loto
3 Fighting Memory
3 Psychic Memory
2 Fire Memory

Energy (10)
6 Lighting Energy
4 Double Colourless Enegy

Mini Volkner engine with Zoroark-GX

Kinda based off of Lord Goomy's list

@Lord Goomy, did you go and test?
Yes I did. It was a small 4 match tournament. I won one...
because I got the bye.

So, uh, how do I say this...
Because of this loss streak,
I made 4 Guzzlord 4 Brigette/Pokémon Fan Club/52 Dark Energy, and that could beat Silvally any day. It's actually really good.

Did you take anyone's feedback into consideration and did any of the suggestions work for you? What did you lose to? What were your problems with the deck? What was the list you settled on, and what changes do you think you should make?

These are the kinds of conversations you need to have if you want to see improvement. Scrapping a list altogether after a tournament isn't how you progress within the competitive scene. This isn't me being harsh, this is me trying to be helpful.

Did you take anyone's feedback into consideration and did any of the suggestions work for you? What did you lose to? What were your problems with the deck? What was the list you settled on, and what changes do you think you should make?

These are the kinds of conversations you need to have if you want to see improvement. Scrapping a list altogether after a tournament isn't how you progress within the competitive scene. This isn't me being harsh, this is me trying to be helpful.
I didn't see any harsh in that.
I already scrapped, though, because the heavens above rubbed it in my face by pairing me against another Silvally GX match.
I lost terribly.
If I want to play Silvally in the near future, I can just ask for his list and alter it a tad.
Thanks anyway!

Just to let you guys know, I merged @TatsuyaOrimuta 's thread to this one because of the very close similarity within this time frame.

Generally, if you are posting a modified version of someone else's list, or even a list coincidentally similar to another recent decklist, it's a better idea to simply respond to the corresponding thread instead of creating a new one. This way, we don't have several topics discussing the same thing, and you get help directly from the people experienced with the decklist! ;)

Back