• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

showstopper (ambipom/weavile)

rate this deck out of 5

• 1/5

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • 2/5

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • 3/5

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • 4/5

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • 4.5/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5/5

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fly_ray

look at my shiny new nameplate
so the best disruption deck ever has come to a forum near you
"pokemon" gives it a 5/5
"pokebeach" rates it ?/5

pokemon- 20

3-3 ambipom (UL/TR)
3-3 weavile (UD/UD)
2-2 zoroark
2-2 slowking

T/S/S- 29

4 collector
1 PETM
4 pokemon communication
4 PONT
4 judge
2 juniper
4 seeker
3 junk arm
1 twins
2 SSU
2 switch

energy- 9

4 {C}{C}
4 {D} special
1 {D}

total- 60

strategy-

So basically don't let them setup using weavile to discard key cards for their setup. Ambipom to use astonish and get rid of more cards and stack their deck with slowking to keep them dead drawing. Zoroark is a very good attacker for this deck, while muk brings up things with heavy retreats such as emboars,typhosions,or even magnezones.
The dark energy are to oh-ko reshirams and zekroms and to use nasty plot.

Now I want to try to fit in
pokemon reversal (catcher when it comes)

- 1-1 Muk (slows down deck and does fit as neatly into stratergy)
- 4 rainbow energy (now that you dont use muk they are unneeded as you shouldnt be attacking with slowking)

+2 Pokemon Reversal (pokemon catcher when released) (Allows you to still drag out pokemon without slowing down on the hand controll)
+4 Team Rockets Trickery (Discards more cards from their hand and gives you some draw power)

Hope this helps.

I was thinking of doing something similar but with houndoom line instead of Ambipom line as houndoom attack discards instead of shuffling it back into the deck. But your deck will probably work better as it moves more cards out of the hand.

@Markymark Im not sure you understand the deck it is the disruption deck that T8'd masters in Canadas nationals. There is a report on the gym if you're interested.

For the actual deck your t/s/s lines need a lot of clearing out I will try and help. Here is what I think the deck should look like:
26 Pokemon
4-4 Ambipom
4-4 Weavile
2-2 Slowking
2-2 Cinccino
1 Tyrogue
1 Bouffalant

22 T/S/S
4 Pokemon collector
4 Pokemon communication
4 Seeker
4 PONT
3 Juniper
2 Switch
1 Elms

12 Energy
4 DCE
4 Sp Dark
2 Dark (for scizor)
2 Rescue

You should try out this list and tweak a couple of cards to fit your playstyle. Hope I helped!

@Tyranodon. I didn't understand the deck strategy, a friend of mine and me have recently been trying to understand the metagame and certain decks so that we can start competing competitively at battle roads for next years nationals.

markymark14048 said:
@Tyranodon. I didn't understand the deck strategy, a friend of mine and me have recently been trying to understand the metagame and certain decks so that we can start competing competitively at battle roads for next years nationals.

The strategy is to use Ambipom and Weavile to discard your opponent's hand, then Slowking to prevent them from drawing good cards. Zoroark is for if the opponent manages to get out one of their powerful attacker so you can kill it quickly. I guess the Muk is there for more disruption. It says so in the first post though...

Tyranodon, I edited it.

I have made the following changes to the deck

- 1-1 muk- slow an bulky
-4 rainbow energy- no need
-1 alph lithograph- no need

+1 dark special- gives extra draw on it
+2 switch- helps speed the deck up
+1 seeker- adds consistency
+1 PONT- consistency
+1 bouffalant- revenge ko's
+1 weavile- consistency
+1 tyrouge- cleff killa

thats all I have done so far now the deck is better more consistent better,faster,stronger,(lasts) longer,

Sorry its a good skeleton but I just don't like it and I play zoro just[b/] for reshirams and zekroms
and my list has more individuality not just ripping it off the gym and putting it on here

plus you're basically saying "here play my list" mine is better this deck needs speed that you find in trainers and not in supporters

and i did try you're list it was slower than molasses and tyrantitar

p.s. i made more changes

-1 bouffalant (never used)
-1 tyrouge (unused)
-2 rescue (un needed)

+1 {D}
+1 {D} special
+1-1 umbreon (locks alot)

Your forgetting something really important. Judge. first, you Judge them, then use Weavile to dump there hand to 3, then use Ambipom to leave them with a 1 card hand.

My advice:

-2 SSU (You have 4 Seeker, and this card is flippy)
-1-1 Umbreon (The only thing it locks is Magnezone and Donphan, but with the lock you shouldn't let them get those up)
+4 Judge (Disruption)

Dude I was trying to help lol but as you said the list I gave you I cant help but noticed it is a lot more consistent and quick than your own. This deck needs 4-4 Ambipom and should have at least 4-3 Weavile. The zoroark isnt a bad idea and could help certain match ups so good choice the only thing is that if they have a fresh reshiram without dmg on it you wont ohko it as you dont run pluspower. I also think 9 energy is too low. BTW the list I gave you isnt very similar from the deck on pokegym. I dont have a Donphan or a xatu instead I added cinccino for you. Anyway I guess there is no point me posting here if Im not helping you. Good luck!

I feel the deck has a few conflicting strategies. With a 3-3 Weavile and a 3-3 Ambipom, there would be competition for bringing out either of them. Ambipom is a much better fit for your strategy as you are aiming to handlock the opponent before he/she gets something nasty like Magnezone out. There should be less need - rather, no need - to focus Weavile's power, which requires alot of cards in your deck for so little in comparison to Ambipom/Slowking lock. Furthermore, if you focus on just that lock, you can add in the cards you wanted.

- 3-3 Weavile
- 4 SSU
- 2 Seeker

+ 1-1 Ambipom
+ 1-1 Slowking
+ 4 Judge
+ 1 PETM
+ 3 Pokemon Reversal

:at: glaceon I was thinking judge but I didn't know what to take out. thanks for the help!

:at: zyflair I don't think you get the point of this deck

:at: tyranodon I don't play plus power because i don't have to with dark specials I can ko a a fresh reshiram

editing done-
-2 SSU
-1-1 Umbreon

+4 Judge

I do. I read the strategy you posted, and I disagree with it. It's far better to hit T2 Ambipom much more consistently than trying to setup Weaviles. If you remove Weavile, you can nail Judge + Ambipom on T2, leaving them with a meager two cards, which hopefully can't help them get out of the handlock.

Zyflair said:
I do. I read the strategy you posted, and I disagree with it. It's far better to hit T2 Ambipom much more consistently than trying to setup Weaviles. If you remove Weavile, you can nail Judge + Ambipom on T2, leaving them with a meager two cards, which hopefully can't help them get out of the handlock.

You don't want to hope that they don't have a card to get out of lock, its better to know that they can't get out of lock without a good topdeck. The point of the deck is to make them discard there good cards, and shuffle there hand back into the deck. Weavile and Sneasel also have a free retraet whoch adds to consistancy.

That only applies if you get both Weavile and Ambi out. Also, if you Judge, then you'll have to hope yourself to draw into the Weavile out of a mere 4 cards. So Judge is useless in combo with Weavile. Furthermore, depending on how consistent the opponent makes his/her deck, there's a strong chance they can't do much with 3 cards at the start of their turn (2 after Judge + Ambi, 1 after draw).

I completely ditched the Ambipoms for Sharpedoes. My list looks something like this:

Pokemon:
3-3 Weavile
3-3 Sharpesui
2-2 Slowking
2-2 Donphan
1 Syicune/Entei
1 Unown D

T/S/S:
2 Collector (cant seem to acquire any more)
3 PONT
4 Communication
2 Pokegear
3 Judge
2 Super Scoop Up
3 Seeker
2 Lost Remover
2 Juniper
2 Catcher

Energy:
4 DCE
4 Spec. Dark