Help Should I Play a New Deck?

I like pokemon

Aspiring Trainer
Right now I am playing Buzzwole lycanroc and after rotation the deck falls apart. I feel like UN Malamar is better and this has good match ups against almost every deck. Should I get rid of buzzwole and try Malamar? Please help.

Everyone thinks that buzzwole will fall apart but with the help of FBL
- Diancie PRISM
-Beast Energy
- 70hp Rockruff
- Beast ring
it will lose popularity because of
-Max elixir
-Octillery
-Strong energy
but not alot of viability.

If you are really scared about it losing viability then play beast box. This is because Ultra Necrozma and zoroark will be the main two decks to beat next rotation and possibly bulu and rayquaza (Coming soon.)

Hope I could help. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

TES

With how good baby Buzzwole is showing recently, don’t think it’ll be out for the count as most of what it loses could be subbed with other things:

Octillery - Zoroark GX
Float Stone - maybe Escape Board
N - maybe incorporate the Nest Ball-Lillie Engine
Strong Energy - this is the only card that can’t be subbed and causes the deck to lose its teeth a little bit. If you use Zoroark, maybe DCE.

Vikabulu will be fantastic at the start of the format (I don’t think Rayquaza-GX helps the deck or is a better attacker than Tapu Bulu-GX), Malamar is a bit up in the air as Vikabulu can outspeed it and (from what I’ve been hearing) a smart Greninja GX player can dumpster it. Beast Box is another choice that has a good chance at being BDIF (part of it depends on how successful Malamar decks will be, as Malamar seems to be the only deck that gives some variants any issues)

I would go with Malamar.

Mysterious Treasure for UNecrozma GX + T1 Pokemon Fan Club is kinda broken (Despite only two Pokemon, RIP Briggette).

T2 is usually clean, easy OHKO if your smart on T2-3.

Laughably enough, I was playing Alolan Exeggutor (Tropical Shake) with Battle Compressor, and I beat an Ultra Necrozma deck on my Turn 5 (10 total turns, my 5, his 5). Sooo, maybe one of the few iffy rouge matchups?

Its your choice in the end.

I feel like it's hard to determine how badly Buzzwole gets hurt by the rotation, but to me losing Max elixir and octillery hurt it a lot. Sure, you can play Zoroark but the deck right now relies heavily on using Brooklet hill and without Octillery the stadium can't get out every useable pokemon you need which I feel people are just dismissing.
Without Max Elixir I feel like the deck will shift into being a lot like beast box, except instead of using Naganadel to carry you until beast ring is usuable people will utilize baby buzzwole.

I wouldn't worry about the hype too much. Everyone was going mental saying that Steel was going to dominate the meta round about now. And... it's not.

I think it's a given that UN/Malamar will be great, so it might be worth investing in, or you could wait and see how it performs at a few tournaments.

Be patient to the new format, Malamar deck lose float stone, max elixir and Brigette, which are crucial to Malamar deck. Maybe there will be a brand new meta like Rayquaza-Zeraora, or new Gardevoir deck, and maybe Buzzwole is still good post rotation.

Back