Ruling Should I Have Appealed?

pine_ddog

Chaotic Neuteral
So I'm at Madison Regionals, I had a Zoroark-GX and used trade, when grabbing my two cards, (Mallow and Brigette,) a third card (Zorua) was knocked out of the deck and was visible by both me and my opponent. This was no big deal, as I was going to play N immediately, but I called a judge regardless. The judge ruled that a extra card drawn, and have my opponent a two prize card less (essentially, if my opponent had six prizes, if my opponent had that two prize card less, and took four prize cards, he would win.) I thought the penalty was to severe for the situation, bit I chose not to appeal as the game was already not going in my favor, but I want to know if for the future I should have appealed that ruling.

All players are allowed to appeal any ruling to the head judge. If you are unsure about anything a judge says, even about a status condition, you can still appeal to the head judge.

The rules do have a stipulation based on purposeful card draw and inadvertently revealing the top card of your deck. I've included captures from the penalty guidelines for reference. If you went straight to a prize card penalty without even getting a warning then your judge was wrong. I would report this to the organizer or someone who can let the judge know. Even though the game wasn't going in your favor a ruling like this could still change the outcome of any game.

Refer to Tier 2 for Madison.
Ruling_2.png

What you received was based on something harsher:

Ruling.png

gwc8Qy

Last edited:
I don't know why you called a judge on yourself. Did your opponent also want to call a judge or something?

Me and my opponent both realized it, that's why I called the judge. I also don't understand why the judge immediately gave me the punishment, as this was the first round and I had relieved no previous warnings.

Me and my opponent both realized it, that's why I called the judge. I also don't understand why the judge immediately gave me the punishment, as this was the first round and I had relieved no previous warnings.

Bring that up with the head judge and let them know. Even after the fact it has to stand corrected so it doesn't happen again.

Either way you did the right thing. if you just shuffled the zorua back into your deck while your opponent realising then it should be something along the lines of the double prize penalty as your opponent may have reported you for randomization which could result in either a warning or the DDP. You telling the judge first hand would have lowered the consequence for yourself (as above.) The only person in the wrong is the judge

Back