DPPt/HGSS Should I get Shoddy?

pokemeister899

VM if you want to play ACNL with me!
I have been thinking it over, and I am wondering if I should get shoddy because I have no wifi for my DS. What can you really do on there? Please tell me!

This belongs in 4th Gen Casual more I suppose since it's battling.

Shoddy lets you battle online (considering it's a battle simulator). You enter the EVs, IVs, Nature, Item, and Moves and construct a team a lot faster. Battles are faster as well.

*Moved*

dmaster out.

I myself don't have Wi-Fi for my DS, so I tend to use these battle simulators like Shoddy and Pokemon Online. You pretty much just construct your own team and battle with other people. These battle simulators are very good if you don't have access to the Wi-Fi since you cannot get the friend codes of other to fight.

The battle simulators are slowly updating with new graphics, attacks, and Pokemon.

I really enjoy it, and the download took but mere seconds for me. There really aren't any downsides, as it's free and really easy. I hope to see on on our server sometime! (That is, if you decide to get it.)

I belive Wi-Fi battles are cooler, but I would get both shoody battle and Pokemon Online. The're both really good simulaters. Pokemon Online even has Black and White pokemon!

I would get Shoddy because most of the forum's tournaments are on the PB server. Plus, making a competitive team is so much easier on Shoddy.

Pokemon Online is what I prefer. Commands can be written if you know how. On my server I created a command that does damage calculation for example. It definitely is something I'd recommend.

I personally say no. Pokemon online seems to have a better layout and already has Gen 5 on it. Pokemon Lab is also on beta right now which is the successor to Shoddy so it doesnt seem worth it.

Both Pokemon Online and Shoddy are both great, though I would go for Pokemon Online more since it includes the 5th generation attacks and Pokemon. I tried to use Shoddy, but it was lagging. Pokemon Online is also laggy and takes a while for an attack to actually take place and do damage.

You may as well. It's free, quick, and risk-less. Most official tournies are held on it, so it's always good to have on hand. PO I personally like better. The 5th gen stuff is only on a few servers on Shoddy, and there's a special download you have to do. PO also just looks better, but the thing is that it's less known and not as commonly used.

Pokemon Online never lags for me unless I am on the Beta Server. If someone wants a script installed on my server I usually make it. THe only thing my server doesn't support is tournaments. I tried combining scripts but I just couldn't get it to work. I don't go on Beta much just because I run my own server. I have an unlimited player capacity for my server. PM me if you want the advanced connection.

If you have no wi-fi than shoddy is a must.Getting around the same quality you would get on wi-fi.

Back