• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Shocking Kings (Kingdra / Eelektross)

Devils_Slave

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:

• 3 x Horsea
    1 x Seadra (Primal Clash)
    1 x Seadra (Plasma Freeze)
    1 x Kingdra with Growth (Primal Clash)
    1 x Kingda with Twister (Primal Clash)
    1 x Kingdra (Plasma Freeze)
    1 x Blastoise EX
    1 x Mega Blastoise EX
    1 x Barboach (Primal Clash)
    1 x Whiscash with Growth (Primal Clash)
    1 x Magnezone EX
    1 x Black Kyurem EX
    2 x Tynamo (Primal Clash)
    2 x Eelektrik with Buzz Flip (Primal Clash)
    2 x Eelektross (Primal Clash)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 1 x Crystal Wall
    2 x Rocky Helmet
    1 x Rough Seas
    2 x Tierno
    1 x Pokemon Fan Club
    1 x Pokemon Centre Lady
    2 x Rare Candy
    3 x Professors Letter
    2 x Potion
    2 x Evosoda
    1 x Ether
    1 x Energy Retrieval
    1 x Dive Ball
Energy:

• 10 x Water Energy
    10 x Electric Energy

Strategy:
The plan is to get Kingdra out as soon as possible, the Kingdra complement each other nicely, the Growth Kingdra sets up the dragon vortex Kingdra for a massive blow, and the growth helps get the energy in. Professors letter is to get the energy in to the hand to power up the Kingdra. The third Kingdra is for control and can hit some EX Pokemon dropping off their energy to prevent them destroying anything.
They all have pretty decent health so the healing trainers are to prevent gradual killing from weaker attacks. Rough seas is good for this also.
Rare Candy is around to get Kingdra out fast and seadra is there in case Rare Candy isn't around or cannot be played.
Rocky helmet to get the 170hp EX's weakened for Kingdra to wipe out.
Black Kyurem EX and Crystal Wall to make a beefy barrier and to deal out support damage if I can't get any Kingdra out. Blastoise and Magnezone also do this nicely too.
Eelektross allows me to power these up by loading energy to Whiscash with his Growth and moving them up to anything active needing energy.

This is my first post and self made deck so if I missed anything or anyone needs more information/has any suggestions that would be greatly appreciated.

RE: Shocking Kings (Kingdra, Eelektross)

Whoa that looks way to inconsistent, It's all over the place with all the single Pokémon everywhere and almost No draw support. I would recommend trying to use 4 Juniper 3 N and 2 Colress with 3 VS seekers and 2 battle compressors. I would also stick to 2 of each of the primal Kingdra and the plasma Kingdra. This way you can maybe boost a little consistency?

Along with the suggestions above, I'd say (if you actually have Expanded events in your area) leave out the Eelektross and go with an Eelektrik NVI line to accelerate Lightning onto Kingdra, since the Ancient Trait already lets you double attach Water.

If not, and you can afford a more expensive alternative, I'd cut the other pokes aside the Kingdra line and add a 3-2 Mega Manectric line for energy acceleration and as a easy to power up attacker.

I understand that it can be difficult to get cards together starting out, and sometimes you may have to leave out cards you like in order to win. If it's in your best interest to just have fun, though, feel free to do as you wish.

Back