• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Shining Legends Hoopa GuzzlordGX/UmbreonGX Rogue deck

suraci

The Angel That Flew Too Close To the Sun
Idk how this deck is gonna go to be straight. I was primarily thinking of an offensive counter to all GX mons, but it ended up being a rogue deck (or at least I think it is). The deck I'm making is based on The Crimson Invasion Spiritomb that has the ability that makes the opponents Pokemon unable to switch and the Crimson Invasion Volcorona that has the ability to switch mons once per turn. Combined with the Shining Legends Hoopa that doesn't take damage from Gx's, I believe you could trap any Gx Pokemon in the active, but the ideas are endless from that point. There are two options that I've been thinking about. A mill deck with expanded or a Umbreon GX Guzzlord GX Deck. If I were to make the Umbreon Guzzlord, Heres what would happen
  • Hoopa's as the active Pokemon with a float stone attached Blocking GX attacks
  • Volcorona Is on the bench controlling switches (he won't be using the ability if there's a GX in the active)
  • Spiritomb is making the opposing Pokemon unable to switch
  • Umbreon Gx is on the bench (Hoopa will switch into Umbreon GX who will use the move strafe and switch back to Hoopa at the end of the turn, Leaving the GX unable to attack the Hoopa).
  • On a turn where the Opposing GX is at Low hp [under 80], the Hoopa will switch into Guzzlord GX and use its GX attack to kill the opposing GX mon (Due to the effect of the GX attack, you will be able to take four prize cards)
  • There are many Problems with this deck
  1. Garbodor (ability block)
  2. Greninja (water shuriken from bench)
  3. Guzzma (in a way but a float stone will do well as a counter{depends on deck type})
  4. Decks with Raticates/Shaymins/Powerful Non-GX/EX Pokemon
  5. Resistances
  • Though this deck has many Weaknesses, I believe that gaining 4 Prize cards off of a GX as simple as Tapu-Lele Is Really Powerful(though it would take a somewhat long time).
Notes
  • If deck runs, captivating Pokepuff would be an interesting option to get Lele's Down for kills [I believe that it also makes the opponent unable to get a support with Leles ability as well]
  • Guzzma is also somewhat important in this deck in case one starts off with Guzzlord GX[you could also use super scoop up]
  • Altar of the moon can be interesting option instead of float stones bc Hoopa GX's retreat cost is 2 Colorless
  • Mallow is an option for Guzzlord's Eat sloppily.
  • (If deck is in expanded) Eggsecute is interesting option due to its ability and can be fodder for Guzzlord's Eat Sloppily attack [Can also be combined with Pokemon communication and computer search (If wanted)
  • Guzzlord can also do 180 Damage with its attack making it able to OHKO Stage one GXs [with Choice band Further empowers Altar of the Moon Stadium instead of Float Stone]
  • Idk if 1-1 Staryu Starmie line Would be useful
I would Appreciate your Feedback On this deck idea. And I do expect Running 4-N 4-Sycamore

Back