• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Shiftion

Captain Oats

I'm worse than you at TCG.
Pokemon- 23
3-2-1 Shiftry (Rising Rivals)
3-2-1 Drapion lvl X (Platinum)
2-1 Houndoom prime (Undaunted)
3-2 Umbreon, Umbreon prime (Undaunted)
1 Sableye (Stormfront)
1 Absol prime (Triumphant)
1 Absol g (Supreme Victors)
Trainers and Supporters- 22
2 Interviewers Questions
3 Poke Radar
4 Poke Drawer +
3 Bebes Search
3 Pokemon Communication
4 Poke Healer +
1 Professor Elms Training Method
1 Bucks Training
1 Cynthias Feelings
Energy- 15
4 Darkness Special Energy
2 Double Colorless
9 Darkness Energy

General Strategy: Build up Drapion LvX and Houndoom Prime and let them sit on the bench burning/poisoning. Shiftry attacks, making all burn flips tails and possibly confusing or preventing pokepowers/bodies. The rest are used to start/stall in the beginning.

You make a typical newbie mistake by making a pyramid line with Shiftry. You want to make it something like 3-2-3. I like the idea with Houndoom Prime, so I would make it only Shiftry and Houndoom w/ an Umbreon tech. So your pokemon line would look like this:

3-2-3 Shiftry RR
2-2 Houndoom UD
2-2 Umbreon UD
2 Uxie LA
1 Azelf LA
Sableye SF, Smeargle UD, or Spiritomb AR as starter(will need 3)

I'm just going to show you what your T/S/S might look like.

3 Bebe's Search
1 Luxury Ball
3 Pokemon Collector
2 Professor Oak's New Theory
3 BTS
3 Rare Candy
2 or 3 Memory Berry
1 Palmer's Contribution

Most of these are staples, but Memory Berry works well with Nuzleaf RR, which for one energy forces your opponent to flip a coin to attack. If tails, it cannot attack. And Shiftrys Body makes sure it is always tails.

You make another mistake by playing too may energy. You will need 6-7 Darkness, 4 Special Darkness, and 2 DCE. Maybe even less, like 5-6 Darkness.

Hope I helped.

Shiftry's Pokebody only works on your oppnets turn. Burn and poison flip are inbetween turns. So that startagy won't work. If you come up with some thing elese, like confuising I would be glad to help.

Confusion wold work because confusion is when your oppnet attacks.

P.S. Thanks alot for posting out the sets, nuber for each card, and stratagy. It makes it so much easeir to help you.

instaed of houndoom prime I would use either blaziken PL or 100% burn or magmortar from supreme victors which burns and confuses the opponent when you evolve it.
yoshidude has already covered your pyramid lines, only thing I would add to your list is that if playing spiritomb or jirachi add in a twins or 2 to get the cards you need as soon as they die.

The Magmorter is better since it confuses and burns the defending pokemon when you evolve. If you play that I would recomend:

Take Out:
1-1 Umbreon prime (Undaunted)
1 Sableye (Stormfront)
3 Poke Radar
4 Poke Drawer +
4 Poke Healer +
1 Bucks Training
3 Darkness Energy
1 Cynthias Feelings=

Add in:
1 Umbreon UD [not Prime]
2 Shiftry RR
2 Pokemon Collector
4 Seeker
2-2 Magemotor SV
2 Uxie LA
2 DCE
2 Judge\2 Copycat
2 Fire Energy
3 Rare Candy
3 Broken Time Space[Storm Front]

Uxie there to help boost your draw power. Judge and Copycat let you use Conform for secondary confusion and help refreash your hand. Fire and Double Colorless Energy[DCE] make it easeir to attack faster. The rare candy and BTS help you set up faster. The Seeker and BTS also help with being able to repeat the Magmortar's Power. The Extra Shiftry should make it easeir to get out Shiftry.

You could also play it with Yanmega Prime and abuse the pokebody with conform. If you go along with this:

Take Out:
1-1 Umbreon prime (Undaunted)
1 Sableye (Stormfront)
3 Poke Radar
4 Poke Drawer +
4 Poke Healer +
1 Bucks Training
4 Darkness Energy
1 Cynthias Feelings=

Add In:
1 Umbreon UD [not Prime]
2 Shiftry RR
2 Pokemon Collector
4 Seeker
2 Uxie LA
4 Judge\Copycat
2 Judge\Copycat [the other one]
2 Girtina PL [Let lose poke-power]
2-2 Yanmega Prime[TR]
2 VS Seeker
3 Expert Belts
2 Unown Q
2 Warp Point=
+32

The Expert Belts help with damage out put. Unown Q can make Umbreon or Shiftry free retreat. The VS seeker let you reuse Seekers or Judges. The Girtina'a power is like Judge, alowing you to attack with conform or Yanmega prime. The Warp points are good disruption since you have free retreat.

Good luck. Hope I helped.

Thanks so much for these ideas. I really like the idea of burning and confusing from the bench with magmortar. Also would a Hyno HS be good for this deck as well? You could put the defending pokemon to sleep and with shiftry's pokebody it would never wake up unless they evolved. This could serve as a back up with the magmortar just in case I could not get it out. Once again thanks so much for your tips.

Again Sleep is inbetween turns, so it would not take effect. It is still good, to try and keep them in the active though.

Back