Seviper/Venomoth

ogeray

Aspiring Trainer
i was just thinking about some of the combos lost link mini set provided.
then i came about seviper with its poison effect.

51-seviper.jpg

this could pair well with venomoth
11-venemoth.jpg

if you flip tails, you build up sevipers poison effect and hit for 80 dmg
if not, you poison the opponent
kinda a win win situation.

what do you guys think about the combo and any supporting cards?

i was also thinking houndoom prime to flip for burn as well as hypno hgss to flip for sleep.

Skuntank G does a better job than Venomoth plus the aim is to poison Seviper. If you were to flip heads then Sevipers damage output stays at 20 (+10 frrom poison) when you want to be hitting for 80.

you could use Venomoth as a tech along w/ Skunktank G to poision sp's because hitting for 110 w/ the use of a expet belt is the magic # to K.O. many SP Level X's.

i have to agree with the skuntank G being your better option plus stadiums can help you aswell. like your best bets are: snowpoint temple for HP support, miasma valley for offensive/disrupt, or pokemon contest hall for consistent set ups.

I didnt think of adding Snowpoint Temple... That would definatly increase how long Seviper could stay alive

There you go. Snowpoint Temple + Skuntank G + Expert Belt. This is gonna give Seviper a two-Energy attack that does 100 damage, not to mention the possibility of using the SP-engine and Crobat G for even more damage. You could consider using Sableye SF as a starter, but if you went with a straight

4x Seviper
3x Skuntank G
3x Crobat G
2x Uxie LA
+ techs

you'd be pretty solid.

I was thinking of trying this deck out with Toxicroak G too since you can use the SP engine so much in this deck.
Venomoth doesn't seem like such a good idea though.

^Yup, pretty much. If you get tails, it's worse than Skuntank because it's 10 less damage/between turns. If it's heads, it does 60 less damage. And it's a Stage 1.
I think Crobat G could help this deck a lot as a tech if it uses the SP engine. Snowpoint would help a lot for the low HP, and E-Belt could be pivotal to get a KO sometimes, so that should be included.

I ran Seviper at my PR and he got me quite a few prizes, so good thinking of pairing him with Venomoth. If you're using Venomoth, why not use Leafeon UD? Miasma Wind [for 1 colourless] does 50 x the number of special conditions affecting the defending Pokemon, and Soothing Scent [1 grass] does 30 and the defending Pokemon is now asleep. Sorry that I didn't include a scan, but I'm new to Pokebeach, so I can't figure out how to embed them. Anyway, Leafeon could give out extra damage.

^I think Leafeon belongs in its own deck. It just takes up too much space.
And as far as Venomoth, Skuntank G is just better. Use Snowpoint Temple and you're golden.

@Scizorliscious You're right. It would probably be best to include a Honchkrow G as well if running Skuntank and Snowpoint Temple.

I think that would probably slow it down to much. Just run the SP engine with toxicroak g and it's T1 or T2 depending on who you get out.

Back