News September's SM4 Set: 'The Awoken Hero' and 'The Transdimensional Beast'

I'm a fan of the artwork, also this whole concept of these habitats being destructive with the plains too... it's just nice to see a fresh idea to give people options rather than easy overplayed decks.

Please stop stretching, a simple float stone, guzma or free retreater can reverse the effects not that you have to because you can just replace the stadium or field blower it before evolve. Stadiums that depend on your opponents action to get value are bad, regardless if their effect is also bad.
I am not going to call this an amazing card -- it's not at ALL going to be meta. Status is still not that easy to integrate into a deck and it's situational, as I already mentioned prior. It just really seems harsh to outright call the card useless. It's not like we're talking about something dumb like Tormenting Spray that relies entirely on luck.

Forgive me for "stretching." I do like coming up with weird strategies and find it a lot of fun. I already see some ways around its problems and will likely experiment with this when Crimson Invasion makes its way to the states.

This can be pretty good. Not saying it will but with these new Gastly cards as well as BREEAKthkough Haunter, BREAKthrough Gengar could see play becaus eyou get longer stall with Haunter as well as if you play BREAKthrough and not Crimson Invasion gastly they stay asleep/Poisoned when they evolve.

• Ultra Space - 1.) It's Ultra Space, obvious on the artwork this is the place where you and Lusamine had a final battle and almost died. The card itself for now is useless. Easily countered. Play lots of basics, period. 2 Geodudes

the fact that everyone plays guzma makes special conditions kind of crappy right now regardless.

Anyone noticed that the stadium is supposed to be where you find Nihilego? Nihilego... Nihilism... Nothing/meaningless... Nihilego is a jellyfish... jelyfish live in the sea... Sea of emptyness... Also, since this is supposed to be where you find Nihilego, and people are freaking out over possibly visiting Kartana's Ultra Space, then does that mean we that we will be able to visit other ultra spaces in USUM??

the stadiums in the set has all been stinkers... and I don't like the lusmine FA either =\

I think this card will be good in decks with effects like sleep or paralysis, for example, decks with the burning shadows raichu. That way, a float stone won't be able to counter this. I don't really agree with the whole "you can guzma around it, therefore it's a bad card" mentality. Sure, you CAN do that, but your opponent doesn't always have guzma in hand. if anything, you can make them essencially waste a lele AND a guzma JUST to get around the status condition. You just made them waste their supporter for the turn, and they're gonna have one fewer guzma for the rest of the game. and that's IF they have lele or guzma in hand. sometimes, all they have is sycamore or N in hand to use. So no matter what, your special condition will stick. Unless they have switch or escape rope, but those aren't THAT common. I like this card to be honest. nothing gamebreaking, but pretty cool effect.

Not very good, but still a super interesting effect! I could see use in a deck involving Espeon EX and poison, with seviper, lasers, and Virbank city gym in Expanded

Is that Ultra Space in the art? Perhaps I didn't play some part of Sun and Moon to wonder, I only passed the Champion and did a thing here and there, but I don't know.

Card's not too great though, just retreat out and you'll be fine. Though, I guess if you combined this with retreat-lock Dragalge, maybe we're on to something.

Looks like a screenshot from a N64 game haha. Interesting effect tho. I feel this will see some play, especially in expanded.

Is that Ultra Space in the art? Perhaps I didn't play some part of Sun and Moon to wonder, I only passed the Champion and did a thing here and there, but I don't know.
Yes, that's ultra space.
Its where you fight lusamine.

Last edited:
Back