• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Seismitoad EX / Crobat

Unit-00

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 18
  • 3 Seismitoad EX
  • 4-4-3 Crobat
  • 2 Shaymin EX
  • 2 Lugia EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 35
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 1 Ace Trainer
  • 1 AZ
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 1 Team Flare Grunt
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 2 Head Ringer
  • 2 Enhanced Hammer
  • 3 Super Scoop- Up
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 3 Silent Lab
Energy: 7
  • 4 DCE
  • 3 Water Energy
Strategy:

Pretty self explanatory, there's a lot of stuff I'd like to run that I just don't have to space for. Like a fourth Scoop-Up, VS Seeker, and Water energy. I've found that a heavy bat line is really needed to make up for the lack of laserbank.

And Lugia is just a really good late game sweeper.

So here is my take on this deck.

While it is pretty standard, there are some cards that you can reduce your count on.

- Xerosic or Team Flare Grunt. While both are good, I feel like you should pick one over the other (though personally I'd remove both.) While you have Enhanced Hammers, Team Flare Grunt is your better bet, even though Xerosic can remove tools. Why I say this is because you're already denying item cards with Seismitoad EX so there is no point in Xerosic in my opinion. I get there are cards like Vileplume and other Toads, but this seems a bit excessive.

- Lugia EX is a great card and I do like in the deck, but if you ever decided to swap it out Dedenne is a good tech as it can hit for weakness against M.Rayquaza as it will out speed you easily if you cannot get Silent Lab out quickly.

- Head Ringer is another good card, but if you're short on room for other cards, this should be the first thing to go.

- Ace Trainer can be swapped out too as it is situational and may be a dead card in your hand, since you're stalling your opponent you may see yourself down on prizes early on.

With this said you could take these cards out.

- 1 Xerosic
- 1 Team Flare Grunt
- 1 Ace Trainer
(Possibly) - 2 Head Ringer

And add this
+ 1 Water Energy
+ 1 Muscle Band
(Possibly) +1 Silent Lab
(Possibly) +1 Shaymin EX

The other thing I see is possibly Super Scoop Up. I understand what it's used for, but if you're stuck with Shaymin-EX like that, Sky Return can be used to get it out at the sacrifice of item lock.

I hope this helps.

Back