• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Seismitoad EX / Crobat for States

HotTorchic

Hot Torchic
Hey, guys! I don't know much but I can confidently tell you that around 90% of you reading this are either have gone to states or are going this weekend. A while ago I was lost as to what deck to run for states but I have found my match. For many of you out there this may not be a match made in heaven so feel free to make changes! This deck is not perfect by any standards and feel free to leave your changes in the comment section below! Best of luck to all of you in states this weekend! Without further ado let's get right into this list.

Pokémon: 18
  • 4 Seismitoad EX
  • 4 Zubat
  • 4 Golbat
  • 3 Crobat
  • 1 Jolteon EX
  • 2 Shaymin EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 35
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 2 Head Ringer
  • 1 Enhanced Hammer
  • 4 Super Scoop Up
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Team Flare Grunt
  • 1 Judge
  • 1 AZ
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 3 Silent Lab
Energy: 7
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 3 Lightning Energy
Strategy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Really it's going to depend on matchups. This DL can work and I think I saw a few top 8 state championships have Toad/Bats, but I would test this out and see how often you're evolving your bats. It looks to me like you dont have a lot of bat support to be able to get bats out consistantly to make them viable to do any amount of damage. What I mean by that is without level balls or a brigette you don't have a consistant enough base for bats to be effective. I can see the strategy, but I dont think you'll be evolving them enough nor fast enough to make them effective.

I also noticed you have head ringers in your deck. It's a great stall card, but without energy removals like crushing hammers or an additional team flare grunt I'm not sure if head ringers will be worth it in this deck. It does give you some time and/or prevent mega evolutions, but with Toad as your main attacker, they wont be attaching any tools to their pokemon anyway. Only reason I bring this up is because if you're going to base your deck around stalling in a way, you may need more options for stalling other than making them attach another energy. I don't think you're going to hit your team flare grunt enough or at all with 1 to make the energy stall worth it. I'd consider dropping those 2 head ringers for either 2 level balls or a brigette and another team flare grunt. Testing will give you a better feel for what you need.

Talking about going to states this weekend, are you going to Ohio States? If so, shoot me a message and I'll see if I can help you out.

I'm going to the Virginia states! Thank you, man, but I am consistently getting bats out and I almost won my LC but one of the kids I versed dad was judge and I caught him cheating and the dad gave me a game loss for accusing someone of cheating which is terrible.

I'm going to the Virginia states! Thank you, man, but I am consistently getting bats out and I almost won my LC but one of the kids I versed dad was judge and I caught him cheating and the dad gave me a game loss for accusing someone of cheating which is terrible.
That is honestly intolerbable!!!:mad:
Were there any other judges?

Pretty sure parents aren't allowed to judge their own kids' matches. You should totally call him out on that.

Instead of just running all Basic Lightning energy, consider also including some Water energy too in order to possibly use Toad's Grenade Hammer as an attack option.

Fighting Fury Belts may be a better option than Muscle Bands to help boost both Toad's HP and output damage.

Why no Rough Seas for some healing purposes? I clearly understand the value of Silent Lab, but then you may want to consider adding either another AZ or Cassius (your 1 AZ could be prized).

Incorporating a few Level Balls can help you access your Zubats and Golbats faster without the requirement of discarding extra cards (vs. Ultra Ball).

Back