• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Seismitoad Decklist

Kevin Wind

Aspiring Trainer
*Today I'll finally be posting my deck list. This deck combines energy denial, ability lock, and alternative damage via poison.*
4xSeismitoad-EX
2xTrubbish(BREAKpoint)
2xGarbodor(BREAKpoint)
2xTapu Lele-GX
2xSeviper
4xProfessor Sycamore
4xN
2xAccerola
2xGuzma
1xTeam Flare Grunt
1xXerosic
4xUltra Ball
4xVs Seeker
3xCrushing Hammer
1xEnhanced Hammer
1xScoop Up Cyclone
2xPoison Barb
2xFloat Stone
4xHypnotic Laser
4xVirbank City Gym
4xDouble Colorless Energy
1×Special Charge
4×Water Energy
Cons
1.I am aware that my Pokémon ratios of which basic I'll start with may disrupt my opening plays that don't have me doing a Mulligan. For this inconsistency, I include less Items than what a regular Seismitoad deck would run to further get more Energy and Pokémon quicker.
2. Yes, I know having a Garbodor can block my own Seviper, which lowers damage per poison, but the Garbotoxin is not a main focus of this deck. Its just a mechanic that's worth it.
Confusion
1.Though many cards block Seismitoad, like Aegislash, etc., my Garbodor will support. Also, the ratios of my opponent plays a card(s) that will deal with Garbodor are common but low.
2.I don't play any Trainer's Mail for the reason that this deck is loaded with Trainers that can be acquired even without Trainer's Mail and its an Item.
3. I don't play any Super Scoop Ups because I prefer guaranteed "Scoops" and less Items that will clog my hand.
Explanation
I did mention many times that less Items are better. The threats that this can hold are that its harder to bring back Items unlike Pokémon or Energy. I'll allow a debate in the comment section which is more important, Special Charge or Super Rod.

Last edited:
If you play Garb, you play both. Drop the 3 Water and another card for 4 Psychic. You also want at least 3 Float Stone and 3 Poison Barb, so you can always retreat when necessary, and always have Garb online. 3 Poison Barb is something you want so you can reliably draw into it, and have it in play if it gets discarded.

Sure, I'll keep that in mind, but you do know that every deck that runs BREAKpoint Garbodor never attacks with it right? It's only used for Garbotoxin.

First of all, I like your build; I personally think it's solid. Following are a few thoughts/comments (based upon more of my preference/playing style vs. seeing any "holes"):
  • Instead of running Garbotoxin Garbodor which can be Lysandre'd, KOd and/or its attached Tool could be removed, I prefer to run Hex Maniac. Also, should your opponent run Forest Curse Trevenant and manages to get the T1 Item-lock, you could be placed at a significant disadvantage.
  • Good to see you run W energy too which will be very helpful in some match-ups where you'll need to inflict significant damage with Toad's Grenade Hammer attack.
  • I am not a fan of either TA Head Ringer or Secret Base Stadium. Most players tend to run GX Pokémon; so, the Head Ringers will be ineffective in many cases. and the TA Secret Base can be replaced or removed (Delinquent) by your opponent.
  • Similarly, why run Scoop Up Cyclone when you're also running 2 Acerola and 2 Guzma which can get your Active out of harm's way should you need to. Consider either Computer Search or Dowsing Machine as an alternative.
I hope you find these comments helpful.

Actually, I thought your comment was helpful and at first it was suppose to be some form of recycle card if any Energy was discarded or my Seismitoad was Knocked Out, but for now I put Head Ringer just because I'll see EXS more. Special Charge or Super Rod was a choice I considered. Should I run Special Charge or Super Rod?

Also, the reasons that I run Water Energy were not the ones you mentioned, but I still think the advantages listed can help. For example, what if he has Carbink or Aegislash, etc., that's what Garbodor is used for. Thanks for your feedback. I will edit my deck at around 9:00, after testing on PTCGO for a Recycle card as a substitute for Head Ringer.

The people that thought it was Trashalanche Garbodor, unless you didn't see the word BREAKpoint right next to Garbodor, I understand your mistake. I apologize for this comment.

Also, the reasons that I run Water Energy were not the ones you mentioned, but I still think the advantages listed can help. For example, what if he has Carbink or Aegislash, etc., that's what Garbodor is used for. Thanks for your feedback. I will edit my deck at around 9:00, after testing on PTCGO for a Recycle card as a substitute for Head Ringer.
I'll be on at that time, so hopefully we can battle or something. I think you're better off with a special charge instead of a super rod. Seismitoad EX typically runs great in a deck with few energies, but it's important to keep that DCE on hand. Hope this helps

I commented on somebody else's Seismitoad deck with some of the same responses, such as using Dowsing Machine or Computer Search. I'll probably also post how many cards can switch my pokemon so you can see how common it is to switch (Mostly Items).

Hey, DragonFang101, didn't you and I both comment on a different page? While I will be on PTCGO, I'll first replace the Head Ringers with a Special Charge and some other card.

1.Guzma
2.Lysandre
3.Escape Rope
4.Genesect-EX
5.Mega Pidgeot
(Most of the time, me dealing with Lysandre or Guzma will only be two times, unless my opponent plays a Recycle card).

If you noticed, I made a slight change in my deck that will make my consistency a little bit better.

I see what you're trying to do. I'm looking at Grant Manley's list next to yours. There are definite similarities, but yours seems like it's doing it the hard way.

Garbodor IS good...just not in this deck. Either Garbodor needs to have a significant focus on the deck or Seismitoad. And since Seismitoad IS the focus, I'd say to get rid of Garb.

The reason why I say this is because Quaking Punch, Poison Barbs, and Hypnotoxic Laser are your main points of the deck. The plan of restricting their items and placing HUGE pressure on the opponent through poison (along with proper trainer support); THAT is your goal.

Honestly, you're not going to see much Aegislash EX. Last time I saw it in a decklist was for Wailord EX control. You MAY see Xurkitree GX, however, Lightning decks aren't really prevalent in Expanded (notable exception being Night March, however. The inclusion of Xurkitree would also indicate you have a deck that can utilize it's GX attack), so I have my doubts as to whether Xurkitree will have aplace in Expanded, especially how hard hitting it is and how effective it's GX will be.

Along with the above, you'll RARELY ever Grenade Hammer. If you aren't announcing 'Quaking Punch' every turn. You done goofed. IT's all about the constant item denial and poison pressure.

Oh, and use Computer Search as the Ace Spec

Hey, DragonFang101, didn't you and I both comment on a different page? While I will be on PTCGO, I'll first replace the Head Ringers with a Special Charge and some other card.
I would suggest using Hex Maniac to replace Garbodor. In expanded, you are more than likely to get your Garbodor Lysandre'd at some point, in which case replacing it with another Seviper or two would work

You have a good point Merovingian, I forgot to mention I also might use Hex Maniac after testing on PTCGO. I only mentioned Aegislash as one of the Pokémon that can stop Seismitoad using an ability, not that I'll see it. It's true that I'll probably not see it in a regionals anyway, that's what having Garbodor/Hex Maniac is for. Just like what your explanation said. Thanks for feedback! Also, even if I played Hex Maniac, what would I fill the extra three slots with? Please have suggestions of cards I should play with the extra slots with the reason behind them.

You have a good point Merovingian, I forgot to mention I also might use Hex Maniac after testing on PTCGO. I only mentioned Aegislash as one of the Pokémon that can stop Seismitoad using an ability, not that I'll see it. It's true that I'll probably not see it in a regionals anyway, that's what having Garbodor/Hex Maniac is for. Just like what your explanation said. Thanks for feedback! Also, even if I played Hex Maniac, what would I fill the extra three slots with? Please have suggestions of cards I should play with the extra slots with the reason behind them.
I say use all 3 slots for Trainer's Mail. That will increase the speed of your deck significantly and get you the cards you want.

Otherwise, add another Seviper or two like I suggested earlier

The people that thought it was Trashalanche Garbodor, unless you didn't see the word BREAKpoint right next to Garbodor, I understand your mistake. I apologize for this comment.
No, we are referring to playing BOTH Garb, like I stated in my comment. It makes a really good one-prize attacker since you already play Trubbish for Breakpoint Garbodor
If you play Garb, you play both

Oh, I see what you meant, I'll tell you later the success rate of playing with the Trashalanche Garbodor on PTCGO later. Thanks for your feedback!

Last edited:
Back