• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Scizor-EX / Zoroark / Bronzong

lyonheart286

Aspiring Trainer
Hi all! This is my first deck list post here, so there may be some mistakes with the formatting.

Pokemon: 14
  • 4 Scizor-EX
  • 2 Shaymin-EX
  • 2 Bronzor (PHP)
  • 2 Bronzong (PHP)
  • 2 Zorua (BKT)
  • 2 Zoroark (BKT)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 35
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 1 Skyla
  • 2 Shauna
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Fighting Fury Belt
  • 4 Max Potion
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Float Stone
  • 1 Escape Rope/Switch
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 1 Trainers' Mail
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 4 Reverse Valley
Energy: 11
  • 6 Metal Energy
  • 2 Shield Energy
  • 3 Double Colorless Energy
Strategy:

The strategy here is to have a Scizor EX with a fighting spirit belt active as a 210 hp tank, using Zoroark's ability and a float stone to have Scizor EX hit for 120 per turn. when the Scizor EX has soaked up enough damage, use max potion to heal, then reattach the energy with Bronzong. Zoroark is a potent attacker as well, so against most lightning decks I will attack with him.Reverse valley is there to give Scizor EX more staying power, or give Zoroark a damage boost. The extra float stone is for Bronzong, so it does not get stuck active. The switch/escape rope is there if you start out with bronzor and cant find a float stone, or get hexed and need to swap Scizor EXs
I have tested this deck a bit, and it is fairly consistent, however I feel it could be better. Any criticism is welcome. Thanks for your time!

Hey, lookit that! Someone else using Reverse Valley! Glad I'm not the only one.

Have you considered any non-EX attackers so that you don't run into any of the anti-EX things like Regice?

Have you considered any non-EX attackers so that you don't run into any of the anti-EX things like Regice?

The zoroark doubles as an attacker in that situation.

Honestly I pretty much wrote scizor off as useless until this idea. While I don't see it topping any tier charts ever, it's definitely a deck that could make a splash in a standard league challenge. Great idea!

Aside from items since I haven't played with it to know the consistency, an extra sycamore instead of shauna would provide more steel energies in the discard.

Replacing the other Shauna with judge would also add minor disruption to your enemy with only the loss of one of your own hand cards.

Item wise, I could see max elixir and 1-2 battle compressor being great in this deck, since scizor is staying as a non-mega, and battle compressor would help with consistency.

The zoroark doubles as an attacker in that situation.

Honestly I pretty much wrote scizor off as useless until this idea. While I don't see it topping any tier charts ever, it's definitely a deck that could make a splash in a standard league challenge. Great idea!

Aside from items since I haven't played with it to know the consistency, an extra sycamore instead of shauna would provide more steel energies in the discard.

Replacing the other Shauna with judge would also add minor disruption to your enemy with only the loss of one of your own hand cards.

Item wise, I could see max elixir and 1-2 battle compressor being great in this deck, since scizor is staying as a non-mega, and battle compressor would help with consistency.
Thanks for the suggestions Omnom. The sycamore to shauna ratio is the way it to keep myself from decking out, and the vs seekers allow me to reuse a sycamore if I need another. I did not try judge instead of shauna for one reason... I forgot about it. I will try that asap. As for the max elixer, I only run 6 basic energy, and most of the time 4 will be in play so it becomes almost a dead card. I replaced it with prof's letter because if I needed the energy i could look through my whole deck , and with the extra energy, use sycamore or ultra ball to get it in the discard for bronzong. I like the battle compressor idea, i'm just not sure what I should take out. The only "expendable" card I can find is trainer's mail, but It helps with consistancy late game, where battle compressor helps more early game. If you have suggestions on what to take out for the compressor/s, I'd love to hear it.

Normally i would just use zoroark, but if push comes to shove, bronzong OHKOs regice with weakness.

Back