Saturday, 1/14, Holon Phantom

Jade said:
May I have a question...why not link to existing thread instead of making another one, eh?
Because the threads are automatically generated and linked to.

To activate the dual aura body(say latias D), either latios or latios ex in play is ok.
I used latios(ex) this wording in my original translation, this is a special wording in JP version that means both latios and latios ex.

Sweet Oden's Raven! 0_0

Given the situation, that Gyrados* is good, far too good!!  It's finally happened, an overly-powerful Pokemon*!  You can combo that with a deck that uses 4 Energy Recycle System, 4 Holon Farmer, 4 Pokemon Retriever, and 4 Energy Charge, all together shuffling cards back into your deck to start the madness all over again!

Since there's supposed to be 3 Pokemon* (Delta Species) in this set, the other two should either be remakes of old Shinings, or be part of a duo.  I'm all for the duo possibility, as this means..

..a chance of Lugia* and Ho-oh*, how my life would be complete with those two!

darkrayquaza said:
sweet all pokemon must be deltas wata bout alpha,beta and etc
The reason that some Pokemon are Delta Species Pokemon (and not something like Alpha Pokemon) is that Delta symbolizes a change in something, whereas the change is a different type.

The whole Latias/Latios thing, I honestly can't say that I can think of an Evolved Pokemon's Poke-Bodies that these two can counter.  Medicham not neccessary, as you're just countering...a counter Pokemon.  Unless the idea's to play that with Pokemon that need Powers, it seems like it's going to just get harder and harder to play Powers in this format...

And about the Commenting System, it's sad to see them go..again.

I liked the System, it was a nifty little thing that seemed really easy to work with.  But then again, the entire purpose of this forum is to discuss the information, so it only makes sense that the Main website and these forums go hand-in-hand.

Gyarados* d sounds like it can be comboed well but it would be a Very risky deck to base around. 1st you would need to get 4 Fire energies onto it. Then you would need all those Recovery cards in your hand (which only work once for each) and then use the attack. Repeating would only work 2 or 3 times since you would run out of recovery cards eventually. Then it only has 80 HP, it would be Koed by most Ex's or stage 2's quite easily. I wouldnt base a whole deck around it but may tech it in, if the circumstances were right.

Gyrados* makes a beautiful ZRE tech, in my opinion.

But as far as not basing an entire deck around it, that shouldn't be any problem. After all, the Registar deck I have been working on doesn't even need to use the Pokemon*, the deck works efficiently and uses it as an efficient boost to the deck.

So I could see the cards I listed being strung together in some kind of strange deck, hopefully with the recycling able to work at least one time through. If not, then just make use of it to where it's a last turn, "finish off" type of attacker. In that case, the effect of discarding almost your entire deck wouldn't even matter.

Holy Star said:
Gyrados* makes a beautiful ZRE tech, in my opinion.

But as far as not basing an entire deck around it, that shouldn't be any problem. After all, the Registar deck I have been working on doesn't even need to use the Pokemon*, the deck works efficiently and uses it as an efficient boost to the deck.

So I could see the cards I listed being strung together in some kind of strange deck, hopefully with the recycling able to work at least one time through. If not, then just make use of it to where it's a last turn, "finish off" type of attacker. In that case, the effect of discarding almost your entire deck wouldn't even matter.
I don't see it being a good tech in ZRE. Because then you have to add Holon Farmer and all that and nobody wants that.:p Plus most of the time the energy in ZRE will be in the discard pile or on the field. Doesn't work to Gyrados's benefit. Basing a deck around could be a fun idea for apprentice or something. I wouldn't make it a tourny deck, it is extremely risky. Because with 1 attack you could end up discard Energy Charge, Holon Farmer, and all the cards that were suposed to get the cards back with one attack. o_O Now that I think about it, it's frightening to imagine an attack like that. XD

Back