• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Salazzle/Garbodor - Status Effect Suggestions Please

Se7enthSun

Aspiring Trainer
I am using what I have so far...Are there any trainers/pokemon with abilities I'm overlooking that can increase the poison damage per turn? I want to grab more seviper to stack the ability as well as the GX pokemon that hits for 10 poison counters.

So far by the time my Salazzles are killed off my opponent has had to use a ton of items as and Garbodor late game KO's mostly everyone. And the Necrozma GX ability has been able to either finish off several retreated EX/GX pokes or focused the fire of my opponent for a turn or two allowing me to draw a Puzzle/Rescue Stretcher an Garbodor is now moving in for the finish.

Kinda scattered and I will return to theorycraft more after work. Thanks for any help! Friend me for trades!

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******
##Pokémon - 16
* 3 Salandit UPR 25
* 1 Salazzle GRI 16
* 2 Salazzle UPR 26
* 1 Salazzle-GX BUS 132
* 1 Necrozma-GX BUS 63
* 1 Salandit CIN 46
* 1 Seviper BUS 50
* 1 Trubbish BKP 56
* 2 Trubbish GRI 50
* 3 Garbodor GRI 51
##Trainer Cards - 30
* 1 Looker UPR 152
* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Wally ROS 94
* 1 Lillie UPR 125
* 2 Wishful Baton BUS 128
* 1 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 2 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
* 2 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Skyla BKT 148
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 1 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 1 Lady FLI 109
* 1 Scorched Earth FCO 110
* 2 Professor Kukui SUM 148
* 2 N FCO 105
* 2 Escape Rope BUS 114
##Energy - 14
* 7 Fire Energy 2
* 7 Psychic Energy 5
Total Cards - 60
****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

The way I see it, with this deck, it's best to stick to one type. I think that type should be psychic. I would make all of the Salazzles the ones from Crimson Invasion, since they not only allow for card draw, but also do 4 poison. Then, with your Toxapex GXs and Garbodors, which I would stick to a 2-2 line of each, you have plenty of options all for one energy type. I'd also cut the Necrozma, since he is kind of unreliable in this deck, and can be seen as a free two prizes. I think Lunala Prism Star is better in this case, sice it accerates energy to the Toxapex and other mons, as a nice mid-to-late-game recharge. As for the trainers, I think making the number of different ones as small as possible is the key to success. A lot of the supporter like Lady and Wally and Skyla can probably be booted. Some key trainer cards you Do need for this strat are: Guzma, for obvious reasons, Sea of Nothingness to keep poison on for longer, and a choice band or Two for Garb. Otherwise, Dumbbells would probably be a smart investment, since you are using a ton of stage one attackers. Kukui is also probably useless since everything but Garb is doing indirect damage most of the time. Hope this wall of text gives you some ideas to work with.

Sounds good gonna digest that. I must say I'm having a lot of fun getting to explore the game as it's changed since 1998 lol a lot of depth or so it appears

This deck could use sea of nothingness. It prevents status conditions from being removed when your opponents Pokémon evolves. Maybe some crushing and enhanced hammers to disrupt your opponent.

Back