• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Sableye (GRI) Deck Help

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
I'm trying to build a deck around GRI's Sableye (The one with Limitation, AKA: Supporter Lock)
and cannot, no matter how I do it, manage to build this deck. The goal is in the Spoiler below, and below that the problems I've been having reaching that goal. Below that is a Spoiler showing why this deck is so good, and potentially, a Championship Winning deck.

The Goal is to setup Sableye T1-T2 and use Limitation for one Dark Energy to stop your opponent from setting up, Supporter Lock, means No Lele for needed supporter cards, Shaymin for needed Supporter Cards, etc. Then from the bench, set up an Evoshock Raichu to keep your opponent from attacking, if they do somehow setup. Again from the bench, the alternate goal is to setup some Bats (Or Decidueye GX, I've found either Interchangeable) To get Damage on your Opponents Bench, while they're supporter locked. To seal the deal, there is also an Absol (RS) in this deck to move Damage Counters over onto a potential threat. Also an Aegislash EX tech, to sub into. Not to mention TRocket's Handiwork chomping away at your opponents deck.

1. As you can imagine, it's clunky and I can't start Sableye.
2. Can't setup Bats or Evoshock fast enough to make any sort of difference.
3. Draw Support is so small, that I can't draw ANYTHING, at all, besides my 2 Shays. Which is, my fault.

1. The reason this could be a championship winning deck is because, of the raw power to lock supporters.
2. This deck is awesome because once you set up Sableye, it can't be shut down (Via Garbotoxin or other sneaky methods)
3. In the end (If you can even set up) there's damage all over your opponents board, they've been Supporter locked since T2, their deck is in shreds, their active Pokemon is paralyzed, and yah.

The Deck-

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 28

* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 1 Absol ROS 40
* 4 Sableye GRI 80
* 3 Pikachu PR-XY XY95
* 1 Pikachu GEN 26
* 4 Raichu BUS 41
* 1 Aegislash-EX PHF 65
* 4 Zubat PHF 31
* 4 Golbat PHF 32
* 4 Crobat PHF 33

##Trainer Cards - 25

* 2 N PR-BLW BW100
* 4 Devolution Spray EVO 76
* 1 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 1 Brigette BKT 134
* 3 Evosoda XY 116
* 3 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
* 2 Altar of the Moone GRI 117
* 3 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 2 Parallel City BKT 145
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137

##Energy - 7

* 1 Blend Energy {G} {R} {P} {D} DRX 117
* 2 Darkness Energy 7
* 4 Rainbow Energy BKT 152

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Thanks in advance, I just really want to take something like this to a League Cup.

Thanks- AFEX

GoldenSwablu

Aspiring Trainer
My concern is that you lack a reliable means of winning--Honchkrow GRI may be an option for the endgame once you've placed enough damage counters; alternatively you need at least Enhanced/Crushing Hammers to keep your opponent from attacking you. You also need supporters. Maybe 3-4 Sycamore/Juniper, 2 Skyla, etc. I know you have Compressor + VS Seeker, which is good, but more supporters would really help your consistency problem. Plus, Ultra Ball is your friend--replace the Evosoda with that unless you're going the Decidueye GX route (in which case using both is fine). Have you considered Sableye DEX? The deck would function better combining both Sableye for disruption/consistency, since supporter lock can't exactly win you the game on its own. (if you go this route, I strongly suggest Life Dew if you have access to it). You also have too many Pokemon. I suggest at least thinning your lines out. Try 3-3-3 bats. Try out cutting the Raichu line altogether--consider replacing it with cards to discard your opponents energy--i.e Team Flare Grunt or Plumeria (or the after-mentioned hammers). AZ or Acerola or SSU may be helpful to recycle your bats. I hope this was helpful--this is only a start.

thom ye

Aspiring Trainer
if??? the goal is to do a supporter lock with Sableye. its not enough by itself.
opponents can have other outs for draw support. consider some sort of item lock.
maybe run a few Ghetsis to dump their Items. I also agree with Life Dew. I also like a few AZ and less Devo Spray.
dump the Pika and Aeg and go with something like a full set of Hypno Laser and Virbank.
Shaymin is a love hate. its a severe liability with only 110 HP. possibly go Tapu Lele GX instead.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Hello, @GoldenSwablu and @thom ye

I agree with a few of the things you guys suggested-

-1 Zubat-Golbat-Crobat Line
{I honestly think this will subtract from the clunk factor some, which should Increase effectiveness}

-1 Sableye (GRI)
+1 Sableye (DEX)

{Think this could be interesting, and help out a little more when it comes to getting backed dumped items.)

-All Raichu Line
{Generally thought this would be an interesting tech to screw around with, but in the end, would just be screwy without T1 Lele.}

-Life Dew
{Little expensive right now, although useful, could I sub this out with Rescue Scarf?}

consider some sort of item lock.
Toad, or Vileplume?

Honchkrow GRI may be an option for the endgame once you've placed enough damage counters;
With Thom Ye's point in mind, what would you both agree on that would be more effective, Vileplume, or Toad? With Honchkrow (also) wouldn't it be clunky to run Honckrow and Plume [If I go that route] and end up where I started, with a 2 Stage 1's and 2-3 Stage 2's?

Also, could you maybe, create some sort of list, with all of your guys's suggestions? I can't seem to find a middle ground to combine both of your ideas {not nessicarily} or create one coherent idea?

Thanks, AFEX

thom ye

Aspiring Trainer
The tricky part with Toad is that you will be forced to choose between Sableye or Toad.
and you'll need to tweak your deck list to include some DCE for toad.
Vileplume will take a few turns... but you have some built in draw support in bats already.

thom ye

Aspiring Trainer
The hard part with this type of deck is that you don't have a lot of damage output.... outside of bats.
so the Laser Virbank will help. especially if you can get the active asleep.
sooner or later... an opponent will likely get a Stage 1 GX up or another attacker that only takes 1 Energy.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
The tricky part with Toad is that you will be forced to choose between Sableye or Toad.
and you'll need to tweak your deck list to include some DCE for toad.
Vileplume will take a few turns... but you have some built in draw support in bats already.
Wrong Crobat

thom ye

Aspiring Trainer
Wrong Crobat
i meant that the deck likely will have some draw support items like Level Ball or Evosoda (in addition to Ultra Ball).
those would be the draw support (not Crobat). in case you want to run something else like Vileplume.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
i meant that the deck likely will have some draw support items like Level Ball or Evosoda (in addition to Ultra Ball).
those would be the draw support (not Crobat). in case you want to run something else like Vileplume.
Oooh. See, I thought you were talking about plasma Crobat for draw power, I got confused.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!

Forgot that Crobat existed, lol.