Ruling Rules to shock-wave marker and imprison marker

asdf1234

Aspiring Trainer
I'm new to this forums and new to pokemon cards. I was wondering how shock wave marker and imprison marker works. Can I put the shock wave marker and imprison marker to my opponents bench pokemons? and If I evolve a pokemon with one of those markers on it already, does the marker go away like special conditions? Thanks in advance.

You can put Shock-wave and Imprison markers on Benched Pokémon.

Evolving or devolving will remove them. Benching will NOT remove them.

Negative, evolving and devolving pokemon will not remove the damage counters. The only way to get rid of these are to drop a tropius onto your bench or use a scoop up or briney's compassion. At least that's what I've heard, and even my gym leader was talkign about it.

Yes, tropius clearly states that they are removed, and thus would not need to include them if they were special conditions. I.E. it would only say remove all special conditions. Retreating and evolving rid you of special conditions, which those 'markers' are not.

Mew EX said:
Negative, evolving and devolving pokemon will not remove the damage counters. The only way to get rid of these are to drop a tropius onto your bench or use a scoop up or briney's compassion. At least that's what I've heard, and even my gym leader was talkign about it.

Mew ex was wrong.

These two markers only can be removed by tropinch's power, evolve and devolve that pokemon.

How is this so? Was this done at a cities match or something? Other than that, our entire league has not been playing that way.

If the only way to cure the pokemon is through tropius δ, dont u think it's a little bit toooo broken??
think baby, think! PUI will never do something so broken!

Not really. You could just kill tyranitar. It doesn't seem all that hard. It's not like he'll be rampaging around long enough to OHKO many people as it takes 2 turns each.

== MARKERS

* Imprison & Shock-wave Markers are special markers that were introduced in EX: Dragon Frontiers and will be included in theme decks for that expansion instead of the regular Burned and Poisoned Special Condition markers. After one these markers has been attached to a Pokémon, they are removed ONLY when the Pokémon evolves or devolves. Pre-existing cards such as Double Full Heal or Heal Energy do not remove these new markers an effect would specifically have to mention Imprison or Shock-wave markers for that effect to remove these markers. (EX:Dragon Frontiers FAQ; Oct 26, 2006 PUI Rules Team)

clear?

Another case. Switching a Pokemon in or out will not remove the Imprison marker. <-Everyone knows it.
But I heard switching a Pokemon in or out will remove the Shock-wave marker that placed on it. <-Is that true?

"If the only way to cure the pokemon is through tropius ?, dont u think it's a little bit toooo broken??"

Thats what I thought. :p

Mew ex runs Gardevoir, and I have nidoqueen in my deck, whenver I would play Nidoran female he would just imprison it. but now I can just evolve and even if its 1 search, thats fine. :p

But cool. Now Im not scared of t-tar at all.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that shockwave and imprison markers are the same in the terms of effects. Anyways, yes I guess that you guys are correct. Thank you for clearing that up. It's goo to know. It makes me thing T-tar is much easier...

Back