• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Rules regarding Shred attacks

nocruoro

Aspiring Trainer
I was testing a desk and was wondering...If Ambipom (from pokemon go) with Primal Dexterity is attacked by Giratina's V's Shred or Dragonite V's version of Shred does the attack nullify the coin toss and go right through ?

My deck with Giratina Venusaur EX and Lugia V Force of Nature

Ambipom Pokemon Go
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ambipom_(Pok%C3%A9mon_GO_57)

Giratina V
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Giratina_V_(Lost_Origin_130)

I'd imagine so. The effect for Shred says the attack's damage "isn't affected by any effects on your opponent's Active Pokémon." And I believe that includes Abilities. So, with that logic, it should go through Primate Dexterity.

I'd imagine so. The effect for Shred says the attack's damage "isn't affected by any effects on your opponent's Active Pokémon." And I believe that includes Abilities. So, with that logic, it should go through Primate Dexterity.
Thanks that effect really helps against a block ability since im a bad coin tosser

Thanks that effect really helps against a block ability since im a bad coin tosser
You're welcome!

Now, I've got a somewhat related question for the rest of you guys. Walking Wake ex has an Ability that says "Damage from attacks used by this Pokémon isn't affected by any effects on your opponent's Active Pokémon." But Alolan Vulpix VSTAR's attack and Cornerstone Mask Ogerpon ex's Ability negate damage from attacks by Pokemon with Abilities. So, if Walking Wake ex were to attack Alolan Vulpix VSTAR or Cornerstone Mask Ogerpon ex, what would happen?

A kind of unstoppable force meets an immovable object paradox.

It goes right through them. Azure Seas's effect is the same as Shred - Azure Seas simply applies it to any attack Walking Wake ex uses. Feel free to Catharsis Roar away and take your easy two Prizes.

Gotcha! Thanks. I'm not really considering running Walking Wake, but the idea of a scenario like that just interested me a little bit.

Back