Ruling Rules about cities and proxies?

Mew EX

Mew Seeker
What is and isn't legal for cities and standard organized play. This would help me and I'm sure alot of people out.

A proxy is only allowed if a card gets damaged during a tournament and is okayed by the head judge to use as a replacement.

If you have a foreign card, you printed the Carddex version and put that next to your playing area.

How about reprinted cards. Do we necessary need the new, reprinted cards to play?
e.g. Can I use Copycat from Expedition instead of from Ex Dragon Frontiers?

@en_ryu : Here will link you to the carddex page. Picture is not in the carddex, you will be fine by just print out the text.

@Silver_Cyh: most probably cards from expedition can't be used; however, any cards from ex sets which are reprinted can be used. All in all, final decision is up to the head judge of the tournament.

In Organized Play you can ONLY use cards from EX: Deoxys onwards (to EX: Frontiers and everything in-between), unless other-wise stated. Cities is a DX-on tournament, as an example.

Proxies are just little pieces of paper or scans of cards that you use in place of the real thing to playtest.

Arcanine out.

Silver_Cyh said:
How about reprinted cards. Do we necessary need the new, reprinted cards to play?
e.g. Can I use Copycat from Expedition instead of from Ex Dragon Frontiers?

Yes, you can currently use an Expedition copy of Copycat as it's been reprinted in Dragon Frontiers. If it is possible, most judges prefer if you can use the newer version as it makes their life easier when doing deckchecks.

Me and mew will have to buy an ex or two each if we can't get them at the league a week before cities. :p

For reprints, only if the card has majorly been modified, Mysterious fossils with 10 HP CANNOT be used, since the HP is now 50. Pokemon Reversal from R/S cannot be used. i think if Holon WP is printed again after DF, the DS one cannot be used, but for now its allowed. I dont think i missed any cards

POP Rules said:
14.1.5. Reprinted Cards

From time to time, cards printed in previous sets are reprinted in a new set. In most cases, the mechanics of the card remain unchanged, though the wording may be slightly altered for clarification. However, in a few rare cases, the game play text of a card is significantly modified. In these cases only cards with the most recent game play text may be used. For example, the original printing of the Mysterious Fossil card had 10 HP. When the Mysterious Fossil card was reprinted in EX Legend Maker, the HP was increased to 50. Because of the significant change in the game play text, only Mysterious Fossil cards with 50 HP may be played in sanctioned tournaments.

14.1.14. Proxies

Player-made proxies are considered to be fake cards and should be treated as such in all ways. Players should ensure that the cards in their decks are in good condition before attending an event so as not to create a marked card situation. See section 15.4 for further information on marked cards. If a card becomes damaged during an event in such a way that results in the card becoming marked, a judge is allowed to create a proxy of that card to act as the damaged card in all ways for the remainder of the vent. The damaged card must be retained to use as a reference when the proxy card is played. In some cases a card is damaged due to a production error. Players should do their best to avoid playing with these cards, though sometimes that is not possible. If the judge feels that this creates a marked card situation, the judge may create a proxy card to act as the damaged card in all ways for the remainder of the event. The damaged card must be retained to use as a reference when the proxy card is played.

Back