• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

route 111 (Flygon/Donphan)

4te

Aspiring Trainer
edit: 2/11/13 - After two weeks of testing at my league, This is now my current build for my flygon deck. This list is a replica of all cards I actually have in my collection. Donphans spinning turn combined with flygon has proven to be painful.

Flygon 4-2-3
Donphan 3-2
Emolga 3

x3 Hypnotoxic laser
x3 Rare candy
x2 Ultra ball
x2 Heavy ball
x1 Tool scrapper
x2 Max potion
x1 Super rod
x1 energy search
x1 random reciever
x4 switch
x1 escape rope

x2 N
x3 Skyla
x2 Colress
x3 Juniper
x1 Bianca

x11 fighting energies

RE: Desert Curse (Flygon/Dusknoir/Landorus EX)

It's a bit optimistic to think we're getting float stone in plasma storm. If we do then my additions are mostly useless, but I think you kind of need switches in order to bring your Donphans back up. One retreat usually isn't bad, but when you need to retreat it every turn, well, there's a bit of a problem.
Again, this is assuming float stone is not out in Plasma Storm.
-2 shadow triad. If your only target is hypnotoxin, I don't really think its worth a supporter.
-2 Super Scoop Up. Everything except Landorus needs to evolve, and you'd have to re-evolve anything you pick up
-2 Bicycle. This card is kinda meh. Perhaps testing will prove me wrong, but for now I'm not sure it's worth a slot.
-2 enhanced hammer. I like this card, there just isn't room.
-1 Vibrava. You're running enough rare candy so you don't need two. I'd even say you don't really need one.

+2 Ultra Ball. More versatile search.
+4 Switch. Yeah, it's a lot, but a flygon stuck active is a waste of a turn.
+3 Colress. With 10 basics that are relatively easy to search out, I'd think you can get a colress for 5-7 fairly consistently.

Alternatively, you could run Celebi EX and some grass energy so Flygon can use Vibrava's Sand Pulse attack or his own Flying Beatdown if needed.

This is what I'm thinking take off the donphan (sorry :( its not that great especially since you have to worry about evolving another Poke') but add in some celebis and maybe thicken your Flygon line, have you seen Vibrava's attack. Also, take off the SSU

(F)(C)(C) (don't know name) 50
This attack does 10 damage to each of your opponents benched pokemon

That' 10 to each bench and 60 to active, let it build up and spread it.... As a wise league leader once told me: " Are you kidding me?!?! have you seen Celebi/Flygon/Vibrava 10 to all the bench and punish 'em again with Flygon!! DEAD EEL THERE AND DEAD EEL HERE!!"

Take out Donphans. There is no need to add Celebi if you want to play competitively (it is fun, I have tested it but Celebi is too Fragile and the deck already misses conisstency). 4-2-4 Flygon (or 4-1-4) is good and the 2-0-2 Dusknoir is pretty solid too. With PHB, Flygon will do tons of damage to the active in between turns. You should also include VCG (Virbank City Gym) and do even more damage. Some small amount of energy (no more than 6) will be okay for your Landorus (which you might want to have 3 to start with it often). 4 Rare Candy 4 Max Potion 4 Catcher 4 PHB is what is a nice way of getting your Items. Heavy ball is not needed and Pokemon Communication is better in this deck. No hammers or scoop up IMO. Super Rod will be best with 2 to get your Flygon line back. Try Rocky Helmet to get extra damage. For supporters:

4 N
3 Skyla
2 Cheren
4 Colress

You might replace Cheren with RR. So:

- 2-2 Donphan
- 1 Fighting Energy
- 2 SSU
- 2 Enhanced Hammers
- 2 Heavy Ball
- 1 Vibrava
- 2 Bicycle
- 2 Shadow Triad

+ 1 Landorus EX
+ 1 Catcher
+ 1 Flygon
+ 4 Pokemon Communication
+ 1 Super Rod
+ 1 N
+ 1 Skyla
+ 4 Colress
+ 2 Cheren/RR
+ 16

You decide what to take out for Virbank.

Hope I help!

Back