Rouges or Archetypes: What will win States, Nationals, etc.

mca3

Aspiring Trainer
Let me say this, I started playing this game on Dec. 2, 2007. My first game was at the Greensboro, NC CC, I played Brian Leary in my First game EVER, and lost to Quickitune!!!. I was using a noob Typhloshion D deck, that was HORRIBLE!!!. I went 0-4 that day, and only wanted to watch how the game was played that day, but learned a very valuable lesson. If you want to be good or GREAT, you have got to really study the main Archtypes, who at that time were G&G, Blisscatty, and Absol Variants. But, ever since that day I have tried and failed to build something Different! Weither it won or lost, I always spent time running decks and tunning decks just tocounter the "Big Boys" and their Archetypes!!! We all want to be good, I understand, but to win with a Rogue and to win with a Archetype, is Completely different. I am not a Great player, by no means, but for only playing a little over 2 months, I have learned quite a bit about this game. If more people would focus MORE on being known for a Awesome Rogue, than winning the EAISER way, they would feel more joy and determination than by using "Company" decks or "Cookie Cutters". I am just saying true passion really comes from building something that others would say is Impossible, and making it happen. You gain more respect from others and for yourself. If a Rogue Deck does pull an Upset, whoever it maybe, and win States, Nationals, or EVEN Worlds, That person is going to be a very dedicated and passionate Pokemon TCG Player, who put in a Great deal of time and THOUGHT into it, unlike others. GOOD LUCK to everyone!!!

I would LOVE to see Infercatty do well!!! That is what I am thinking of running, with a few mods!

Well the good thing with playing rogue decks is you have the suprise factor that can win games. Playing something bad just to play something different isn't realy smart. The only way a rogue deck can win anything is if it counters all of the good decks, its consistent, it works and it is played by a good player.

It helps if ya got a league close by. Helps you determine whether your "rogue" deck is strong enough.

its nice to people out there who are happy to use something beside all these: blissey gallade inferkitty etc....

thanks for keeping my hopes up that maybe one day everybody can be their own person and play something original.....

I think using Archetypes is completely ok no matter how popular it is just as long as you do not copy decklists EXACTLY the way someone else made it, and you have to be at least a little bit original. The reason I say this is because MOST Archetypes require you to have a little bit of skill.

There is also nothing wrong with playing rogue decks, in fact I incourage it.

Both rogues and Archetypes are great types decks depending on who's hands they are in.

This is just my opinion.

Back