• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Rotom Gourgeist (Need help 4 edits?)

suraci

The Angel That Flew Too Close To the Sun

Pokemon x 19

Pumpkaboo CRI x3
Gourgeist CRI x3
Octillery BKT x3`
Remoraid BKT x3
Heat Rotom SM5 x2
Rotom Fan SM5 x1
Klefki x4

Trainers x37
Cynthia x2
Ultra Ball x3
Guzma x2
Special Charge x1
Dashing Pouch x4
Brooklet Hillx2
Evosoda x3
Choice Band x4
Field Blower x3
Rescue Stretcher x2
Nest Balls x4
Bodybuilding Dumbbells x2
Energy Lotto x2
Floatstone x4

Energy x4
DCE x4

I didn't want to use float stones with the off chance that it got banned with the release of SM5?(Don't really know how tcg works so notify me if it doesn't). Probably should add floatstones. You pull so many cards with octillery that you don't need lele for suppoters. Especially since lele takes 2 prize cards when killed. Also, is there a way I could stop/ not have an auto loss for garb?

I don't know where you got the idea that float stone will be banned with the next set. Cards leave standard play 99% of the time by set rotation (a set only last for about 2 years in standard format). And they pretty much never ban cards for Standard unless it ruins the game (like with Lysandre's Trump Card)

I don't know where you got the idea that float stone will be banned with the next set. Cards leave standard play 99% of the time by set rotation (a set only last for about 2 years in standard format). And they pretty much never ban cards for Standard unless it ruins the game (like with Lysandre's Trump Card)
Oh thx. Then ill definitely add some

Rotom doesn't add much to the deck :/ Gourgeist is a much better attacker
-2 Heat Rotom
-1 Fan Rotom
-4 Dashing Pouch
-2 Energy Loto
-2 Brooklett Hill
+4 Sycamore
+1 Guzma
+2 N
+3 Tapu Lele
+1 Ultra Ball
You should also have ways to retrieve Non-Klefki Tools. The only ways I can think of to achieve this are Cinccino (CRI), Heatmor (BUS), and Puzzle of Time (BKP)

Rotom doesn't add much to the deck :/ Gourgeist is a much better attacker
-2 Heat Rotom
-1 Fan Rotom
-4 Dashing Pouch
-2 Energy Loto
-2 Brooklett Hill
+4 Sycamore
+1 Guzma
+2 N
+3 Tapu Lele
+1 Ultra Ball
You should also have ways to retrieve Non-Klefki Tools. The only ways I can think of to achieve this are Cinccino (CRI), Heatmor (BUS), and Puzzle of Time (BKP)

Sycamore is a terrible card in this deck. I've been working on a gourgeist deck for a while, and heat Rotonda is actually a great card, it gives you an out to best solgaleo (a deck you would straight lose to otherwise). Fan rotom does nothing for the deck sure, but dropping the dashing pouch is bad as well. You're better off just having 4 additional tools over POT or heatmor.

Typical convention doesn't work in this deck, there's just not enough room for all the supporters and Lele, etc.

Sycamore is a terrible card in this deck. I've been working on a gourgeist deck for a while, and heat Rotonda is actually a great card, it gives you an out to best solgaleo (a deck you would straight lose to otherwise). Fan rotom does nothing for the deck sure, but dropping the dashing pouch is bad as well. You're better off just having 4 additional tools over POT or heatmor.
How does heat Rotom help against Solgaleo at all? Also, how does Sycamore hurt the deck at all?

Pokemon x 19
Pumpkaboo CRI x3
Gourgeist CRI x3
Octillery BKT x3`
Remoraid BKT x3
Heat Rotom SM5 x2
Rotom Fan SM5 x1
Klefki x4

Trainers x37
Cynthia x2
Ultra Ball x3
Guzma x2
Special Charge x1
Dashing Pouch x4
Brooklet Hillx2
Evosoda x3
Choice Band x4
Field Blower x3
Rescue Stretcher x2
Nest Balls x4
Bodybuilding Dumbbells x2
Energy Lotto x2
Floatstone x4

Energy x4
DCE x4

I didn't want to use float stones with the off chance that it got banned with the release of SM5?(Don't really know how tcg works so notify me if it doesn't). Probably should add floatstones. You pull so many cards with octillery that you don't need lele for suppoters. Especially since lele takes 2 prize cards when killed. Also, is there a way I could stop/ not have an auto loss for garb?

You're trading one prize attackers, so every guzma you get should target a trubbish/garbotoxin garb. Ditch a field blower, add two Guzma and cut the fan rotom.

Also, if it were me, with the build you're going for, cut the energy lotto for additional rescue stretcher. But this is just one man's opinion.

Last edited:
How does heat Rotom help against Solgaleo at all? Also, how does Sycamore hurt the deck at all?

It can one shot a solgoleo dude. Both Solgoleo and Metagross are psychic resistant, but weak to fire.

You can not, and I can't stress enough that you CAN NOT discard cards in this deck. You need every last tool card in this deck. It's unbelievably tight for this archetype.

It can one shot a solgoleo dude. Both Solgoleo and Metagross are psychic resistant, but weak to fire.

You can not, and I can't stress enough that you CAN NOT discard cards in this deck. You need every last tool card in this deck. It's unbelievably tight for this archetype.
Heat-Tom only does 80. with a Choice band and Weakness that's only 220 which doesn't knock out Solgaleo or Metagross

Back