• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Rock Retaliation (Lucario ND/Druddigon NV)

ravetrade

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon x 12

• Riolu ND x 4
    Lucario ND x 4
    Druddigon NV x 4
Trainers x 34
  • Supporters
    Skyla x 2
    Pokemon Collector x 2
    Department Store Girl x 2
    PONT x 4
    N x 4
  • Items/Tools
    Potion x 3
    Moo-Moo Milk x 3
    Rocky Helmet x 4
    Pokemon Catcher x 3
    Ultra Ball x 2
    Energy Search x 1
    Super Rod x 1
  • Stadium
    Healing Field x 2 or Pokemon Contest Hall x 2
  • Ace-Spec
    Rock Guard x 1 (Future)
Energy x 14

• DCE x 2
    Fighting x 12
Strategy
My first "original" deck built by myself from the ground up as opposed to using other people's decks with slight modifications. The upcoming Rock Guard Ace-Spec (retaliate with 6 damage counters) in Plasma Freeze has me wanting to build a retaliation deck, and as a plus, I get to use Lucario (one of my personal favorite pokemon). This deck is classified as Unlimted, Fun (I'll largely be playing this casually with some friends), and a pinch of Future.
The main strategy is to get Lucarios/Druddigons down with Rocky Helmets/Rock Guard, using Department Store Girls and (possible) Pokemon Contest Hall to get the Tools equipped. The Potions, Moo-Moo Milk and (possible) Healing Field are there to restore health and hope to eek out some more retaliation damage. Beyond that, it's just attacking as normal.
As you might can see, I haven't decided on which stadium card to use. Both effects synergize my deck idea well enough. Pokemon Contest Hall worries me a little though because I know a couple casual people with Mewtwo EX's in their deck. I might forgo a stadium altogether, as it's partly to counter other stadiums like Virbank, and I might be better serviced by using a Trainer.
There's definitely some tweaking that needs to be done, and I haven't playtested yet. It's more theory at the moment 'til Plasma Freeze makes its way here. All constructive or derogatory criticisms welcome! :)

This decklist works very well, I have tested it ever since Plasma Storm came out. This is the list:

Pokemon
3 Terrakion NVI
3 Landorus Ex
2 Mewtwo Ex

Item/Supporter/Stadium
2 N
2 Skyla
4 Juniper
1 Bianca
1 Colress
3 Cheren
4 Catcher
3 exp. share
2 Max Potion
4 Hypnotoxic Laser
3 Energy Switch
2 Heavy Ball
1 Ultra Ball
2 Enhanced Hammer
4 Switch
1 Potion
1 Scramble Switch
2 Virbank City Gym

Energy
10 Fighting
3 DCE

This deck is made to do well in an Ex lock. You start with your Landorus EX up, then attach and try to snipe the tech cards on the opponent's bench. If they can evolve into an EX lock simply attach exp. share to your benched Terrakions and attach more energy to your doomed landorus. If they have any weak cards on the bench that are not protected, keep sniping until he gets ko'd. Then swarm with Terrakions in an unstoppable rush of 90 per turn. Your Terrakions have enough hp that they don't get ko'd easily, but only give the opponent 1 prize every time. The Mewtwo are for start game, end game, and Mewtwo wars. After you have a landorus with a lot of damage mid game (providing there is no ex lock) you can Scramble Switch Max potion for Mewtwo, then ko everyone with lots of energy.

Strategy Tips: NEVER PUT YOUR TERRAKION UP UNLESS YOU PLAN TO ATTACK WITH IT THAT TURN!! Go for storming the Terrakions as soon as possible. get them to your bench fast and equip them with exp. share for when your landorus gets knocked out. I personally have never played a successful game with this deck without the two tips above. Hope this helps!

Trin2000 said:
This decklist works very well, I have tested it ever since Plasma Storm came out. This is the list:

Pokemon
3 Terrakion NVI
3 Landorus Ex
2 Mewtwo Ex

Item/Supporter/Stadium
2 N
2 Skyla
4 Juniper
1 Bianca
1 Colress
3 Cheren
4 Catcher
3 exp. share
2 Max Potion
4 Hypnotoxic Laser
3 Energy Switch
2 Heavy Ball
1 Ultra Ball
2 Enhanced Hammer
4 Switch
1 Potion
1 Scramble Switch
2 Virbank City Gym

Energy
10 Fighting
3 DCE

This deck is made to do well in an Ex lock. You start with your Landorus EX up, then attach and try to snipe the tech cards on the opponent's bench. If they can evolve into an EX lock simply attach exp. share to your benched Terrakions and attach more energy to your doomed landorus. If they have any weak cards on the bench that are not protected, keep sniping until he gets ko'd. Then swarm with Terrakions in an unstoppable rush of 90 per turn. Your Terrakions have enough hp that they don't get ko'd easily, but only give the opponent 1 prize every time. The Mewtwo are for start game, end game, and Mewtwo wars. After you have a landorus with a lot of damage mid game (providing there is no ex lock) you can Scramble Switch Max potion for Mewtwo, then ko everyone with lots of energy.

Strategy Tips: NEVER PUT YOUR TERRAKION UP UNLESS YOU PLAN TO ATTACK WITH IT THAT TURN!! Go for storming the Terrakions as soon as possible. get them to your bench fast and equip them with exp. share for when your landorus gets knocked out. I personally have never played a successful game with this deck without the two tips above. Hope this helps!

Wrong topic, methinks? Yeah, this deck doesn't really have anything in common with mine. :p Thanks for the comment, though!

In an upcoming set, There is a sigilyph which has an ability which means it can be equipped with 4 tools.
You could do up to 120 damage just from them attacking you.
Also, maybe a sableye to get the tools back if you loose them to a knock out or a scrapper

Back