• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Roaring Thunder (Raichu GX / Tapu Lele GX / Raikou)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
ROARING THUNDER
raichu_by_fidele.jpg

Pokémon (14):

• 2 Tapu Lele GX (beatdown)
  • 4 Raichu GX (beatdown)
  • 4 Pikachu (evolution)
  • 4 Raikou (accelerate)
Trainer (32):
  • 4 Professor Sycamore (draw)
  • 1 Professore Kukui (draw)
  • 1 Bridgette (search)
  • 2 Guzma (control)
  • 1 Acerola (heal)
  • 3 N (draw)
  • 1 Rescue Stretcher (retrieval)
  • 3 Choice Band (beatdown)
  • 4 Max Elixir (accelerate)
  • 1 Field Blower (discard)
  • 4 Exp Share (conserve)
  • 4 Ultra Ball (search)
  • 3 Parallel City (enable)
Energy (14):
  • 14 Lighting Energy

STRATEGY:

This deck is an electric version of Turbo Darkrai. Start with either Raikou and set up with Bridgette. Accelerate to the bench with Max Elixir. Discard Basic Lightning Energy and accelerate it to the bench with Roaring Thunder. Attack with Raichu GX and use Exp Share attached to benched Raikou to conserve the resources on the battlefield.

SPOILER:

Raikou
Basic Lightning Pokemon
HP: 120
[L] Roaring Thunder: 30
Attach a [L] energy from your discard pile to 1 of your benched Pokémon.
[L][L][C] Lightning Ball: 90
Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Metal (-20)
Retreat: 2

Raichu GX
Stage 1 Lightning Pokémon - evolves from Pikachu
HP: 210
[C][C] Powerful Spark: 20+
This attack does 20 more damage for each [L] energy attached to all of your Pokémon in play.
[L][L][C] Thunder: 160
This Pokémon does 30 damage to itself.
[L][L][C] Volt Tackle GX: 120
Your opponent’s active Pokémon is now paralyzed.
Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Metal (-20)
Retreat: 1

Last edited:
Hi Zamuron,

I disagree here. Wish Baton needs to be attached to the active Pokémon while Exp Share works on the bench and allows me to attach Choice Band to the active Raichu GX.

Personally I don't like choice Band at all in this deck. From my experience running Turbo Darkrai, EXP Share ends up contributing far more damage long term while extra energy increases your max elixir chances and can't be Field Blowered. Thus I'd cut all three for an extra energy and an extra EXP Share. This leaves 1 spot that could be used for a wish baton (which acts as EXP Share #5 basically) another N or a Tapu Koko (GX or Regular). I'd also cut the Aether Paradise. Your main attacker Raichu isn't affected by them so it really doesn't help much. I'd replace them with 3 Parrallel Cities. Again that leaves 1 free spot for either a second Field Blower, an N, Lillie, or Skyla, or a Tapu Koko.

Hi Darkness3827,

Thanks for the review. If Parallel City remains in format I will sure use it over Aether Paradise since I mainly need it as a counter stadium and a small-scale protection for Raikou against Golisopod decks. Parallel City fullfills this purpose. This will also allow me to fit in the fourth Exp. Share. Choice band may not be needed but it is nice to have early game and it provides another option that may be chosen to be discarded over Exp. Share by opposing Field Blower. On a side note: Do you have any idea for a not entirely useless counter stadium for grass decks post-rotation other than Chaos Tower?

Back